Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Minister Questions Donald Trump's Pro-Life Stance. Response Troubling.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Minister Questions Donald Trump's Pro-Life Stance. Response Troubling.
Old
  (#1)
336Robin
Dir Multiverse Earth Ops
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Minister Questions Donald Trump's Pro-Life Stance. Response Troubling. - 02-13-2020, 02:14 AM

Interesting Op Ed that I have no trouble believing. Trumps stance on Pro Life issues is less about Pro Life and more about his base and less about Christianity.

I Questioned the Sincerity of Donald Trump's Pro-Life Stance. The Response From My Fellow Evangelicals Was Troubling
Robb Ryerse
TimeFebruary 12, 2020, 5:25 PM EST https://www.yahoo.com/news/questione...222543657.html

When I published an op-ed declaring that, as a Republican and an evangelical pastor, I cannot vote for Donald Trump in 2020, I knew it would not be well-received by his supporters. What I did not expect was the fierceness of the response.

In less than two weeks, I have gotten hundreds of messages from evangelical Christians from across the country. Much of the opposition has come from pro-life voters who support the President because of their perception of him as a champion for the pro-life cause. My op-ed critiqued the President’s participation in the March for Life and the sincerity of his anti-abortion stance. I personally believe that the President is cynically using pro-life voters for his own electoral purposes and doesn’t actually care about protecting innocent life at all.

The Trump supporters who have contacted me think I don’t care either and have denounced me as baby killer. I simply suggested that the Democratic nominee for President is a better alternative than Donald Trump, even if he claims to be pro-life.

The irony of this is that I am pro-life. When I was in high school, I attended the March for Life in Washington, D.C. My pro-life convictions were a primary motivation for me becoming an adoptive parent.

My desire is for there to be as few abortions as possible in our country. However, I’ve come to believe that the best means of reducing abortion rates is not through restrictions and criminalization. I’m also not convinced that reversing Roe v. Wade would reduce abortion rates. Abortion rates are now lower than they were before the Supreme Court’s decision to make abortion legal nationally.

The best means of reducing abortion is expanding health coverage so that every woman can consult with her doctor about her medical needs. We also need effective, comprehensive sexual education and greater access to other methods of birth control.

More troubling than my critics’ misunderstanding of my position on the abortion issue is the vitriol they have directed at me personally. Their voicemails, emails and direct messages have been full of name-calling and insults like I have never before experienced.

Like millions of other Americans, I grew up in the evangelical Christian subculture. We were taught that if we took a stand for what we believe, we would face opposition. Our pastors and leaders told us that nonbelievers in the world would mistreat us, insult us and even persecute us. Never would I have thought that what they warned us about wouldn’t actually be coming from the outside but from within.

Here is just a sampling of the messages I’ve received:

Daniel wrote, “Get struck down by God, you pile of sh*t.”

A man from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., did not leave his name but left a voicemail in which, after extolling the virtues of President Trump, he told me, “Enjoy hell, b*tch.”

Sarah Jane repeatedly called me a “dumb f***.” She said I am a “demon rat,” a “worker of iniquity” and an “instrument of Satan” who wants to “destroy America.”

Many of those who lambasted me emailed my church calling for me to be fired. The phrase “wolf in sheep’s clothing” has been used dozens of times. My church’s rating on Facebook fell from five stars to three and half because of all the negative reviews written by Trump supporters who have never visited one of our worship gatherings.

I ran for Congress as a Republican in Arkansas in 2018. I stand up in front of crowds at events for the progressive evangelical group

Vote Common Good and urge religion-motivated voters not to support Donald Trump. I sent an op-ed to a national publication. I’ve invited criticism and disagreement. I am not a victim.

That people disagree with me is not my concern. My concern is for an evangelical church in America that has normalized hatred in defense of President Trump.

I don’t understand how Christians can justify the name-calling, the insults and plain meanness. I don’t understand how they can so freely bear false witness against others. I don’t understand why they think following President Trump and loyalty to the Republican Party is of greater value than following Jesus and loyalty to his ethic of love.

The question I am left with is a paraphrase of Jesus, “What good is it if we gain the whole Supreme Court but lose our souls?”

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $3.99!"

The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

Last edited by 336Robin; 02-13-2020 at 02:18 AM.

Old
  (#2)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-13-2020, 04:03 AM

You have no trouble buying into many crazy ass things. You've had DT out of office what, 4-5 times?There is a picture of you beside gullible in the dictionary.

Old
  (#3)
336Robin
Dir Multiverse Earth Ops
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2020, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by time to play no View Post
You have no trouble buying into many crazy ass things. You've had DT out of office what, 4-5 times?There is a picture of you beside gullible in the dictionary.
I don't consider it a lost cause to put the teachings of Jesus above everything else philosophically. I also am worried about what the failings of
human nature are doing to peoples souls and the Church in this regard. I consider the Church a positive even though there are some negatives in it. Personally,
I don't think you can go to hell, but you sure can live in it. A person in hell isn't kind to others and really doesn't care so much for anyone but himself and is fine if
he can create hell here on earth for others to live in. A sick philosophy no doubt that has no happiness in it for the one in hell because friends and constiutents are
few and those in subjection are stolen from and always rising up. A never ending battle between the dark and light that always gives way to progress eventually.

336Robin

Comes with a lesson!

Last edited by 336Robin; 02-13-2020 at 06:11 AM.

Old
  (#4)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

02-13-2020, 06:59 AM

What a bunch of brainless idiocy.
A good number of d'rats have sanctioned POST-birth abortion and crickets from the hypocrites here.
Then we have the Lawn Boy acting like he knows something about spirituality?
Go back to mislabeling people as "fascists" with no earthly idea what the term actually means. It's much less repulsive.

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#5)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2020, 07:15 AM

"Then we have the Lawn Boy acting like he knows something about spirituality?"

Tell us something about spirituality, CO.
The love you show for your fellow man and the Holy Spirit daily on this forum daily is a blessing to all of us.

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#6)
duckie
GregH
duckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2020, 08:16 AM

Opinion is not fact.

Not knowing the difference is stupidity......

Old
  (#7)
strmanglr scott
All about Focus
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2020, 08:40 AM

Robin, it amazes me the tripe you post. Conjecture and baseless opinion that fits your hate. Get help.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#8)
T-dog
AzB Silver Member
T-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom haney View Post

The love you show for your fellow man and the Holy Spirit daily on this forum daily is a blessing to all of us.
or at least show us those national debt numbers...how is that going? Have we almost paid it all off now with Trumps greatness? please let us know.....it was important when it was a black communist in that position. lmao...smh

you droned on and on about this, excessively in the past, what gives now?

Troy - Jacoby/standard maple shaft.
A Natural Born leader with no leadership ability.

2019 Post of the year.
"Not me, but I do watch those black music videos. I love those beautiful black women shaking those big booties." Tom to da ----> H.

Old
  (#9)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2020, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Coming from the guy who brags on himself constantly about beating people up, his sexual conquests over a lifetime, and general condescending d-baggery you display most the time around here, Robin & CO have more spirituality in their little fingers than you have in your entire body.

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow, idiotic, and inane comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#10)
slop stroke
I drink, theyfore I ain't
slop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
Coming from the guy who brags on himself constantly about beating people up, his sexual conquests over a lifetime, and general condescending d-baggery you display most the time around here, Robin & CO have more spirituality in their little fingers than you have in your entire body.
I am sure you would agree that we all fall short FZ. And we all need to be reminded of it from time to time, especially when we start feeling ourselves a bit too much. Present company notwithstanding, I see no reason to give some of us a pass while we trespass against others.

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

Old
  (#11)
336Robin
Dir Multiverse Earth Ops

02-13-2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
What a bunch of brainless idiocy.
A good number of d'rats have sanctioned POST-birth abortion and crickets from the hypocrites here.
Then we have the Lawn Boy acting like he knows something about spirituality?
Go back to mislabeling people as "fascists" with no earthly idea what the term actually means. It's much less repulsive.
Fascism in this country is something that's been taken on gradually, whose
progression has come about because of certain laws and practices due to gridlock
between the parties until this new Imperialist arrived.

William Barr and his DOJ intervention seems to be on time for this push as he
isn't hesitating getting into the mix believing himself to be beyond reproach and
backed up by Executive Order and (the powers of pardon) as long as he keeps kissing up.

Already in place are the Angry Evangelicals whose calls for the authors firing fulfill the personal part of the picture.

The questions remain: How far would they be willing to go?

What more needs to happen to recognize it for what it is?

None of which is a personal attack but an assessment of the fulfillment of goals set long ago as the pieces fall into place.

I can understand one wanting to deny they went for it but on the other hand, why not admit and reverse course for the sake of the country?

336Robin

Comes with a lesson!

Last edited by 336Robin; 02-13-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Old
  (#12)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2020, 12:08 PM

Robin, is this just another one of those propaganda threads that hopes to separate Evangelical voters from conservative candidates?

You’re good for about one of these per week.

It’ll never happen when the opponent’s platform is skull crushing good in third trimester, and grown men in public bathrooms is a man’s right.

You lose again.

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"

Old
  (#13)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:

Holier than thou? This may be the reason you get "picked on."

Old
  (#14)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post
I don't consider it a lost cause to put the teachings of Jesus above everything else philosophically. I also am worried about what the failings of
human nature are doing to peoples souls and the Church in this regard. I consider the Church a positive even though there are some negatives in it. Personally,
I don't think you can go to hell, but you sure can live in it. A person in hell isn't kind to others and really doesn't care so much for anyone but himself and is fine if
he can create hell here on earth for others to live in. A sick philosophy no doubt that has no happiness in it for the one in hell because friends and constiutents are
few and those in subjection are stolen from and always rising up. A never ending battle between the dark and light that always gives way to progress eventually.
but it's your side that supports partial birth abortion. so, in other words, Jesus hates all of you mofo's that sit by quietly and allow this. Hmmmm, weird.

PS: You need serious fuggin help.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#15)
VonRhett
Friends Call Me "von"
VonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000

02-13-2020, 02:02 PM

I have never seen actual proof - not anecdotal or supposition - but PROOF that providing FREE HEALTH INSURANCE to ghetto rats will result in fewer abortions.

RE: AG Barr, he RUNS THE DEPT OF JUSTICE. He's not sticking his neck in something that doesn't concern him, he took at oath to ensure equal Justice to all Americans.

There has never been a Federal case where someone was sentenced to prison for Contempt or Obstruction for which there was no associated crime.

And now we know most of the Jury were known Dem activists.

One Jurist posted that Stone was guilty PRE-TRIAL!! That's automatic disqualification and expulsion.

- "Von"
Playing Cue: Paul Mottey, BOBBY HUNTER
Case: JACK JUSTIS
Other Cues: Bobby Hunter(s); JossWest(s); Mottey, Others

Where's Jimbo??
Hooyah!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: