15ball rotation filipino rules?

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Can someone explain to me the 15ball rotation rules they play by in the Philippines?

I watched Alex/busty play on the TAR podcast and I didn't understand what they were doing. Spotting balls on fouls and shooting from the kitchen? Is there no ball in hand?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
see, not as simple as 15b w/ 9b rules, is it?!

I didn't see the specific match, but this is what I have picked up in my 27 years on this planet:

-Can shoot highest or lowest #ball on table. balls have points= to face value
-61pts wins
-Honest effort to hit OB, if no hit, you may be required to shoot again.
-I don't think you can play 3fouls= loss with that many balls on the table.
-CB in hole, behind line.
-Balls made on fouls spot

sizl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Pppffftt! Has anyone EVER 3 fouled a Filipino?!?!:grin::grin-square:

I would personally love to see a 15 ball match played with Filipino rules!

darren_simion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why won't TAR make one happen against Filipinos? Like Lee Van Corteza VS Orcullo or Alcano? Have Jay Helfert commentate as he is one of the more knowledgeable American with Filipino rules rotation? Have the players bring in a referee adept with these rules? That would be awesome.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Why won't TAR make one happen against Filipinos? Like Lee Van Corteza VS Orcullo or Alcano? Have Jay Helfert commentate as he is one of the more knowledgeable American with Filipino rules rotation? Have the players bring in a referee adept with these rules? That would be awesome.

If there would be a large number of Filipino people buying it, TAR would. But just not enough people buy TAR matches now with games that the people who buy already know and love.

teedotaj

teedot oohhhhhh
Silver Member
Two scenarios where you may ask the spot the Object Ball (OB) and shoot from the kitchen:

1) If your opponent hooks you. If you don't want to kick to make contact, you can ask to put the OB on the spot and your opponent can shoot from the kitchen. You give up your inning.

2) If opponent fouls/ fail to make contact with OB, incoming shooter may shoot as the balls lay OR may ask for the OB to be spotted and the shooter can take a shot with cueball in the kitchen.

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
I would love to see a Rotation night on a TAR all around. Something different.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Two scenarios where you may ask the spot the Object Ball (OB) and shoot from the kitchen:

1) If your opponent hooks you. If you don't want to kick to make contact, you can ask to put the OB on the spot and your opponent can shoot from the kitchen. You give up your inning.

2) If opponent fouls/ fail to make contact with OB, incoming shooter may shoot as the balls lay OR may ask for the OB to be spotted and the shooter can take a shot with cueball in the kitchen.

Good explanation here, took some getting used to, but now I'm okay with it. I've played more Rotation here than any other game. Lots of strategy and creative shots. I actually have a chance playing this game against guys who would bury me in 9-Ball or Ten Ball.

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
see, not as simple as 15b w/ 9b rules, is it?!

I didn't see the specific match, but this is what I have picked up in my 27 years on this planet:

-Can shoot highest or lowest #ball on table. balls have points= to face value
-61pts wins
-CB in hole, behind line.

You may hit the highest #ball first but it will always count as a foul ;)

Unless of course there is only one ball left on the table then it's not a foul. :smile:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You may hit the highest #ball first but it will always count as a foul ;)

Unless of course there is only one ball left on the table then it's not a foul. :smile:
thanks for clarifying...my main witness to the game is watching the Hispanic folks play.

Lucky 13

Registered

-shoot from 1 to 15.
-if the cue ball scratch should be put back in the kitchen and the opponent take over and continue shooting....but object ball is re-spoted if fall in the kitchen upon scratching.

//

Last edited:

caponesinc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reference Tar #35

In my thread Tar #35 I suggested replacing the 8 Ball with 15 Ball.The 8 Ball with open table after the break and running 8 and out is to easy for the Pros.15 ball is much more offensive and requires caroms,kicks and combos,which requires more overall knowledge and skill.Ps and Exciting!!! regards Rocky

thelmstetter

Tomcat
Silver Member
Basic rules

The Basic rules are as follows...
You normally flip for the break each game
Balls are racked with the one ball in front and the 15 ball in the middle. It is also best to put the 13 and 14 ball somewhere in the middle of the pack.
The lowest ball must be hit first, even on the break(second ball break is a foul)
You get the point value of each ball pocketed. One ball is one point, two ball is two points, etc.
All fifteen balls add up to 120 points, so the first one to score 61 points wins the game.
Slop counts and as long as you hit the lowest ball first, it counts. (caroms and combos are legal)
Fouls are the same as in 9 ball, but there is no ball in hand. If you foul your opponent has the option to play it as it lies or spot the object ball and take cue ball in hand behind the headstring.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have played this game with some of the local filipinos and it is a great game. I would suggest everyone give it a try. Its a very challenging game.

joyren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
forgive me if i miss something out, but will try to complete

official racking in this order

but at times specially in other places, the most important is the 1,15,2,3 balls to be place in original placement.

shooting the lowest number of balls first to succeeding balls, depending on the agreement, first to reach 60 or 61 point win the game.
if you can see the object ball, you can ask for a spot, opposing player shoot it from the kitchen(anywhere inside the kitchen)
if you scratch, if object ball didnt go in, opposing player shoots in the kitchen with original object ball position, if object ball is potted in, it has to be re-spotted
off the cushion shot is legal even the object ball or cueball didn't hit a rail.
you can always go for combination or carom shots, as long it is legally shot using the lowest number ball first.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Pppffftt! Has anyone EVER 3 fouled a Filipino?!?!:grin::grin-square:

I would personally love to see a 15 ball match played with Filipino rules!

I played Griffin's 15 ball "American" call ball rotation today and got 3 fouled. I didn't even get any KY with it. Not that I am Fillipino, else I'd surely never have 3 fouled. Hope that helps.