Old
  (#1)
dkknight93
AzB Bronze Member
dkknight93 is on a distinguished road

vCash: 1700

Problems after playing for a while - 03-18-2015, 11:55 PM

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone's ever had the problem of getting really itchy after a couple hours of pool and a good solution to that. Sometimes after playing a couple/few hours of pool, my whole body (legs, arms, torso, head) gets really itchy and it generally goes downhill from there cause I can't focus. This only started happening maybe 5 months ago on and off and it happens regardless of what pool hall I go to.

Thanks!

Old
  (#2)
victorl
Where'd my stroke go?
victorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond reputevictorl has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-19-2015, 12:38 AM

Itchy? Never had that problem before. Maybe you're allergic to something around the table... chalk maybe? Or do you tend to sweat a lot when you play?
I can't think of anything else that would cause itchiness...

Old
  (#3)
Busboy
Wanna Play Some?
Busboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-19-2015, 01:34 AM

I've never had that problem and I've played pool for long time

Player - Predator
Jump - Custom
Break- Bunji

"Billiards is the well developed art of thinking ahead. Its not only a game, but first and foremost a demanding sport, which requires good stamina, the logical thinking of a chess player, and the stable hand of a concert pianist."

Old
  (#4)
octy81
AzB Silver Member
octy81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond reputeocty81 has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2015, 01:39 AM

I get that way when I'm about to compete, it's nerves then again I'm also diabetic and it can be a number of things from how hot it is in the room to not eating or snacking during play . It feels like pins and needles and sometimes it can last for along time . You might want to get a check up could also be due to stress or high blood pressure.

No
Old
  (#5)
Moet.1977
AzB Silver Member
Moet.1977 has a reputation beyond reputeMoet.1977 has a reputation beyond reputeMoet.1977 has a reputation beyond reputeMoet.1977 has a reputation beyond reputeMoet.1977 has a reputation beyond reputeMoet.1977 has a reputation beyond reputeMoet.1977 has a reputation beyond reputeMoet.1977 has a reputation beyond reputeMoet.1977 has a reputation beyond reputeMoet.1977 has a reputation beyond reputeMoet.1977 has a reputation beyond repute

No - 03-19-2015, 06:03 AM

Im 38 and played pool since I was 12 and never heard of this. Only problem I've had is my front standing knee start hurting after hours of play. But that's from years of kicking carpet in.

Banker

Old
  (#6)
Niteman
AzB Bronze Member
Niteman has a reputation beyond reputeNiteman has a reputation beyond reputeNiteman has a reputation beyond reputeNiteman has a reputation beyond reputeNiteman has a reputation beyond reputeNiteman has a reputation beyond reputeNiteman has a reputation beyond reputeNiteman has a reputation beyond reputeNiteman has a reputation beyond reputeNiteman has a reputation beyond reputeNiteman has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2015, 06:38 AM

I had an issue kinda like this but it was due to sweat and my wife changing our laundry detergent without telling me . Took me a few weeks to figure out I was allergic to something in the new one.

Old
  (#7)
xXGEARXx
AzB Silver Member
xXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond reputexXGEARXx has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkknight93 View Post
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone's ever had the problem of getting really itchy after a couple hours of pool and a good solution to that. Sometimes after playing a couple/few hours of pool, my whole body (legs, arms, torso, head) gets really itchy and it generally goes downhill from there cause I can't focus. This only started happening maybe 5 months ago on and off and it happens regardless of what pool hall I go to.

Thanks!
This may sound silly, but sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one.

Have you changed soaps, shampoos, lotions, anything lately when it comes to personal hygiene? What about your bedding, towels, clothes in the wash? That includes towels you dry with, wash clothes you wash off with and the clothes you wear. Along with bedding. Meaning have you changed detergents? Any medications or changes?

I am trying to rule out anything that may be causing this. I was having issues several years ago, with itching and red skin. Turns out the detergent I switched to wasn't working for MY body. Tide seems to work best for me and I have similar issues with drying skin with certain soaps too.

I figured this information may be worth hashing over. For some people none of this matters. Well, I am not some people. I hope you solve it.

Old
  (#8)
tjshaw02
AzB Silver Member
tjshaw02 has a reputation beyond reputetjshaw02 has a reputation beyond reputetjshaw02 has a reputation beyond reputetjshaw02 has a reputation beyond reputetjshaw02 has a reputation beyond reputetjshaw02 has a reputation beyond reputetjshaw02 has a reputation beyond reputetjshaw02 has a reputation beyond reputetjshaw02 has a reputation beyond reputetjshaw02 has a reputation beyond reputetjshaw02 has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2015, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorl View Post
Itchy? Never had that problem before. Maybe you're allergic to something around the table... chalk maybe? Or do you tend to sweat a lot when you play?
I can't think of anything else that would cause itchiness...

Did you switch laundry detergent 5 months ago, serious question, a small allergy to that added with a bit of persperation would do that to you.

spoken from experience...

Player: McDermott cheapo with Katana shaft
Break: McDermott Star with Stinger shaft

For the love of the game... I never expect to make a lot of money playing the game. I just want to play because to me it's the greatest game there is and for some reason making balls go into pocket never seems to get old. ~trob

Old
  (#9)
pwd72s
recreational banger
pwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octy81 View Post
I get that way when I'm about to compete, it's nerves then again I'm also diabetic and it can be a number of things from how hot it is in the room to not eating or snacking during play . It feels like pins and needles and sometimes it can last for along time . You might want to get a check up could also be due to stress or high blood pressure.
Also diabetic...foot neuropathy...like lots of tiny pin *****s happening in my feet. Might as well quit playing when that happens.

Old
  (#10)
Tramp Steamer
One Pocket enthusiast.
Tramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2015, 10:08 AM

Try some of this. If it doesn't work, use what I use for chapped lips. Chicken shit. It doesn't heal anything, but it damn sure keeps you from licking your lips.
Attached Images

Steamer Cue Sports Ltd. Purveyor of two fine quality cues, the Miracle, and the Wonder. Our motto says it all: "If it's a good cue, it's a Wonder." "If it's a straight cue, it's a Miracle."

I am a member in good standing in the Lock Society as: Tramp Lock.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: