What happened to John Barton?

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never see any post or comments from him

Here was a great guy,very experienced in all things pool.

A sponsor of pool tournaments and money mathes ,He made the greatest cases at the best prices ever.

He befriended every case maker on Az and complimeented every one of them on Az

Couple the fact that he loved the action side of things as well.
he played any body and everybody with a little gamble.

Sure his playing was no where near top speed,he played a ball or so above me,but he would bet high and ask for a rematch.

By all of this you would expect him to be well received and loved by everyone

But know nothing kibitzers insisted on knocking him,goading him on with remarks too stupid to deserve a reply. Losers felt like winners with stupid critical remarks until we ran him off.

And John wasn't the only guy we ran off,Tikkler used to show us beautiful collectible cues, Az probably has less than one tenth of the fine posters we used to have,
Is this just the nature of forums or just pool

John Barton if you read this ,please come back.

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I never see any post or comments from him

Here was a great guy,very experienced in all things pool.

A sponsor of pool tournaments and money mathes ,He made the greatest cases at the best prices ever.

He befriended every case maker on Az and complimeented every one of them on Az

Couple the fact that he loved the action side of things as well.
he played any body and everybody with a little gamble.

Sure his playing was no where near top speed,he played a ball or so above me,but he would bet high and ask for a rematch.

By all of this you would expect him to be well received and loved by everyone

But know nothing kibitzers insisted on knocking him,goading him on with remarks too stupid to deserve a reply. Losers felt like winners with stupid critical remarks until we ran him off.

And John wasn't the only guy we ran off,Tikkler used to show us beautiful collectible cues, Az probably has less than one tenth of the fine posters we used to have,

John Barton if you read this ,please come back.

Forget it.....

Last edited:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Have you ever ventured into the NPR section...if not, and you feel like losing some brain cells give it a whirl. You might find the Tasc hiding in there, as Keith would say..."its like a nightmare".

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I still hear JB cases as a sponsor on a lot of the streams. He hasn’t really posted often since I’ve been active but I picked up a little of some of the interactions that took place here. He probably realized he was wasting too much time getting sucked into pointless debate, like me with the Facebook : )

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Have you ever ventured into the NPR section...if not, and you feel like losing some brain cells give it a whirl. You might find the Tasc hiding in there, as Keith would say..."its like a nightmare".

I see no difference in behaviour from NPR to Main. I don't believe it was NPR that ran John off.

I thought the main thing that turned John off was the debate about CTE aiming. Didn't PJ and him have quite the debate?

Or was it someone giving him crap about his cases made in china?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I thought the main thing that turned John off was the debate about CTE aiming. Didn't PJ and him have quite the debate?
CTE aiming... never heard of it

The woofing leading up to his grudge match with Lou got pretty personal as I recall, went on forfu(kingever, and didn't end well for John - that might be when he started losing his taste for AzB's comradery.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member

Dean, I read earlier this year that Tikkler had passed. Hopefully this was just misinformation but I believe he is no longer with us.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I see no difference in behaviour from NPR to Main. I don't believe it was NPR that ran John off.

Or was it someone giving him crap about his cases made in china?

lol just livening things up, I stay outta that knock fest and never saw John in there over the years :smilewinkgrin:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
private blogs and facebook

What happened to john barton is the same thing that happened to some other cowards. They went to places like their own private blogs and facebook where they could block all negative replies to their bullshit.

They weren't ran off, they ran and hid. In john barton's case he was a coddled and protected poster here and still couldn't handle the crap that he stirred up himself.

Hu

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
JMO -

JB's negative antics, constantly creating chaos simply for the attention, and his penchant for verbose mind-numbing posts that would only please an invalid,
greatly,

GREATLY

overshadowed any good he did for the pool community.

If he's gone for good - not a bad thing. It's a good day.

-von

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
JMO -

JB's negative antics, constantly creating chaos simply for the attention, and his penchant for verbose mind-numbing posts that would only please an invalid,
greatly,

GREATLY

overshadowed any good he did for the pool community.

If he's gone for good - not a bad thing. It's a good day.

-von

I sold my custom JB case because I was embarrassed to own it after seeing his bat shit crazy. Shame because it was a nice case. But my Justis case IS better because it is made in the USA!

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
yes tTkkler has pased away
but he quit posting on here way before that
because of hostile remarks

the same remarks or kind of remarks that so many great cue makers find repulsive

barry,laurie,tim and mike,and seveal of my close friends stay away
in unbelief of the crazy talk on here

hardly a thread comes up without wise cracking pundits
i never was a member of any other forum,but it is hard to believe less civility,
decency and friendliness could be found

i know you guys for the most part are not gamblers,serious gamblers, and that is
probably a good thing.

i was a somewhat serious player up until perhaps 4 years ago maybe more,
i ran into non players for the first time and it was a big surprise,i found less friendship
,less sportsmanship,
more nitty catty behavoir with $5 players than i did with $1000 players.

calling bad hits,imaginary fouls, and constant complaining. I am finfing a lot of that on Az,
for instance before my wife started posting pictures lately I stll sold more cues on here
than possibly anyone.
Sometimes I sell cues without even telling people what kind of cue I have for sale.

Now I realize this is not for evryone,but if any rational person saw someting he didn't
want to buy,why not just visit another thread?

Not on Az, a certain group,usually characterized by no feedback,no proff of every buying
,,or selling or honestly pleasing another living human. these guys want to smear my name,
gripe and complain.
they do everything in their limited power to create a problem.why? it is as if they think they
have a God given right to pictures and the right to attack anyone who didn't satisfy their
preconceived opinion of right and wrong.

Now if I were the only one receiving this senseless criticism I would not mention it. In fact I welcome it
because the more they complain,the more people see how foolish they are and they call to buy
something.,But these guys just monopolize thread after hread running the real players,
the real collectors and the really good stories off.

The guys I am talking about don't entertain us with good stories,they don't usually
instruct us with deep insights like Tom Wirth,Dr Dave,Randy Goetlicker, they just lurch
around complaining, correcting, and saying things of little or no value. Knocking.

I ask you,is this the nature of forums or just the nature of pool players.or rather want to be players.?
There is little evidence they really play very good. or know anything,they just poke fun,and say sarcastic things

AZ is typical of forums moderated to the appx level this one is

less moderation yields wild, wild west

more moderation results in a ghost town

balance can be elusive and difficult to maintain

nature of the beast

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
If it were up to some of you it would be which tip is best, should I buy 860 or 860HR, and non stop praise for shitty cuemakers that are "second to none"

I remember Tikkler posting that shitty Zinzola and some of us having the balls to call out the terrible work in it and some of you know nothing's talking about how great it is.

Instead of taking the time to learn something people just kept praising the work and not learning a thing.

Tikkler is missed and posted a bunch of great cues, but without people telling the truth nobody learns.