Any female cuemakers out there?

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just curious as I haven't heard of one. Do you guys know of any, past or present?

Annie O out of Houston comes to mind from the past. Don't know if you count these, I do based on thier knowledge and work place.
Mrs. Laurie Franklin
Mrs. Deb Janes
Mrs. Ellen Drexler
Mrs. Schrager
Mrs. Gilbert

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mrs. Laurie Franklin

My lady asked about that the other day, if there were any lady cuemakers, I said I don't know what capacity Laurie works, although she was shocked when I told her Southwest had a 12+ year waitlist.

Does Laurie actually touch the cues these days, or is she like one of the main people behind the lathe?

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My lady asked about that the other day, if there were any lady cuemakers, I said I don't know what capacity Laurie works, although she was shocked when I told her Southwest had a 12+ year waitlist.

Does Laurie actually touch the cues these days, or is she like one of the main people behind the lathe?

I don't know the answer But. It's her house. That counts.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Trudy Fuller did the inlays and cut points during the days of Judd Custom Cues.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Im sure there are and the cues they make will cheat you and take your house and kids.

Judt kidding.

Curious myself

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member

12 year wait. Lol. For what. Ridiculous.

Reactions: JC

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tom Coker's wife Michi has worked with Tom on their quality designs, inlays, floating points as well as managing the business for years :thumbup:

Have a good day,

-Kat,

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I believe Chad McLennen's wife works on them with him now.

Last edited:

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
For you to have cue worth too much to play with! So I guess a wall hanger!

Lol. And be ok with the sw roll, bc they all warp apperantly. So youll have a warped, expwnsive wallhanger you waited 12 years to get. Not even tascarella, hulsey, mike webbs of the cue making world habe that long a wait and they make more beautiful and way better playing cues.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol. And be ok with the sw roll, bc they all warp apperantly. So youll have a warped, expwnsive wallhanger you waited 12 years to get. Not even tascarella, hulsey, mike webbs of the cue making world habe that long a wait and they make more beautiful and way better playing cues.

I have seen quite a few for sale on here advertised with a "taper roll", this was an interesting thread.
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=461682
I thought the first response seemed logical, but I dunno.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Annie O out of Houston comes to mind from the past. Don't know if you count these, I do based on thier knowledge and work place.
Mrs. Laurie Franklin
Mrs. Deb Janes
Mrs. Ellen Drexler
Mrs. Schrager
Mrs. Gilbert

Right on, in every case.
Good post.

Will Prout

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
I have seen quite a few for sale on here advertised with a "taper roll", this was an interesting thread.
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=461682
I thought the first response seemed logical, but I dunno.

pffff they warp brah. theres a few cuemakers who frequent this site, some better than others but all quite competent in cue making, they would call them a warped cue. they are the only ones that can really make the call bc the **** do I know, but like your link states, its a soft salesman technique calling it a taper roll and not a warp on a boring looking cue that sell no less than $3500. lol.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
pffff they warp brah. theres a few cuemakers who frequent this site, some better than others but all quite competent in cue making, they would call them a warped cue. they are the only ones that can really make the call bc the **** do I know, but like your link states, its a soft salesman technique calling it a taper roll and not a warp on a boring looking cue that sell no less than $3500. lol.

Sorry, a lot of those "taper rolls" are exaggerated .
When your joint size is some .830 ( I have one joint protector here from SW that is at .825 with a thick finish ) and the bottom of your forearm is some 1.060" with a curved taper, then the handle's curve is not quite as pronounced as the forearm, the butt will likely look funny when rolled on the table.
Between centers, they likely look fine.
This applies to a lot of "parabolic" taper cues .

poolpro2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Todd cues

Jessie in Federal Way Wa. has ukuleles now, but used to make Todd cues.

Also the Original Pocket Chalker, the Qfile, and the QClaw.

I believe she trained with Woodworth and others and was in at least one edition of the Blue Book of Cues.

She is a regular at pool events doing tips and such.

https://jessisbilliards.com/

Last edited: