Gold Crown 3 cushion bolts

TheRanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently bought a Gold Crown 3 and am missing several of the bolts that pull the rails down onto the slate.

Local hardware stores don't have anything similar and nobody has been able to tell me the specs of the bolt so I can try and find replacements online.

Does anyone know where I can purchase these from please?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently bought a Gold Crown 3 and am missing several of the bolts that pull the rails down onto the slate.

Local hardware stores don't have anything similar and nobody has been able to tell me the specs of the bolt so I can try and find replacements online.

Thanks.

Might try here: https://www.classicbilliards.net/antique-parts-accessories/gold-crown-medalist.html

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Bolts

Good luck finding 3-1/4 long 3/8-16 bolts at any hardware store...
Quick n easy fix it to cut 4 inch lengths of 3/8-16 all thread.
You’ll need the star dome washers too...and of course the nuts’ too.

PS. If you use 3-1/2 bolts you’ll run the bolt up they the rail and blow out the rail cap and Formica...

Rob.M

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

PS. If you use 3-1/2 bolts you’ll run the bolt up they the rail and blow out the rail cap and Formica...

Rob.M

Guess I got lucky. My local Ace Hardware had them but I had to get Grade 8.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

Rob.M

I personally wouldn't use all thread, it is very soft, so soft in fact that it can be cut with a hacksaw. 3 1/2" bolts cut to 3 1/4" would work if you cant find 3 1/4". Great tip about blowing a hole through the top of the Formica, I wonder how many have done that???

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks.

Have you tried Fastenal?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Rob.M

I'm not a mechanic, but saw your post and maybe I can help out. I order from this company weekly for the past 20 years.... Is this what the OP needs:

Edited for the screw length per the manual:
3/8-16 x 2 1/4 hex head low strength steel bolt
https://www.mcmaster.com/91247A633/

3/8 external star lock washer:
https://www.mcmaster.com/95584A211/

Both of the above are in packs of 25, so enough to do the entire table for $12 plus shipping.

They also have the bolts in grade 5 and grade 8 for a higher price. I doubt that is needed since its compressing wood, but I don't know for sure.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

Attachments

• Untitled_Page_09.jpg
    Untitled_Page_09.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 212

TheRanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the responses - really helpful.

I managed to find some 4" 3/8 hex bolts from a local tool maker. I'll either cut these down or pack out with washers for now.

I'm hoping to source a conversion kit from Brunswick to upgrade the table shortly in any case. They just came back to me today enquiring about colour so it's looking promising.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I edited my post above with the link for 2 1/4 inch long screws if anyone ever clicks on it in the future.

jfred0826

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did I send the manual?

No, sir. Trent posted a page from the manual identifying the correct bolt size. I was just wanted to ascertain if you saw that before continuing with the longer bolts. Apologies for not being clearer.