Table movability if needed

frankw

Semi Retired Bodybuilder
Silver Member
So because of the pandemic, there is a room at our studio that is not currently being used. And probably for the next several months unfortunately.

But it is an opportunity to place a pool table in.

Ive noticed nobody recommends a non slate table. My thought is to get a valley 7 ft.

My question is , if needed , how hard is it to tip on its side and place on a dolly to move out of the room?

Would it be ok to store on its side for a weekend?

If not a valley, any recommendations?

OK...so that was a few questions lol...Thanks in advance!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Not hard at all. Tip it up on its side on a couple of floor dollies
and store it with no issues. Obviously you will have to re-level
it each time, but, they are pretty easy to level with the leveling
feet. Get some bolt on new cushions and have someone cover
it with new Simonis! Go for it bro! IF you need any hep with
cloth/ cushions/ balls or advice, I can help!

TFT

So because of the pandemic,
there is a room at our studio that is not currently being used.
And probably for the next several months unfortunately.

But it is an opportunity to place a pool table in.

Ive noticed nobody recommends a non slate table. My thought is to get a valley 7 ft.

My question is , if needed , how hard is it to tip on its side and place on a dolly to move out of the room?

Would it be ok to store on its side for a weekend?

If not a valley, any recommendations?

OK...so that was a few questions lol...Thanks in advance!

frankw

Semi Retired Bodybuilder
Silver Member
Thank you!

It would also be on a hardwood floor, should i put a carpet or something underneath to not jack up the floor?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
p.s. many people take the leveling feet off one side when flipping them up on their sides. the levelers can get bent if not! sorry for the late input!

Thank you!

It would also be on a hardwood floor, should i put a carpet or something underneath to not jack up the floor?

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
p.s. many people take the leveling feet off one side when flipping them up on their sides. the levelers can get bent if not! sorry for the late input!

I don't move many Valleys.. However, I have seen local vending companies that attach wood blocks to their mover's dollies. If you build it up high enough, the table flips right up onto the dolly, with minimal effort.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Makes sense. that is pretty much how the diamond carts are to. Getting a delivery of 8- 7' to flip down this weekend at the pool hall! Christmas in August for Racktime here in Toledo!!!

TFT

I don't move many Valleys.. However, I have seen local vending companies that attach wood blocks to their mover's dollies. If you build it up high enough, the table flips right up onto the dolly, with minimal effort.

BrownDawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No need to remove the legs when flipping, just screw them all the way in on the flip side. Definitely put something under the legs to not jack the floor. Pieces of carpet are no good as the table will want to slide by just the act of players bumping in to it. A cut up old rubber floor mat would be better.