Blatt is closing?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
This morning I went over to check out a friend's new table, and come home with the news that Blatt Billiards is closing. I've been going to Blatt for supplies ever since V.Loria moved out from NYC. Wednesday I'm hoping to go over to Blatt and find out for sure. Anyone else heard about this?

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
This morning I went over to check out a friend's new table, and come home with the news that Blatt Billiards is closing. I've been going to Blatt for supplies ever since V.Loria moved out from NYC. Wednesday I'm hoping to go over to Blatt and find out for sure. Anyone else heard about this?

Thats news to me !!!!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Wow, they have been around forever. 4 of the tables in my room were from Blatts, and they were very old in the 70's. Johnnyt

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeez,,,,I grew up visiting both Blatt and Loria down on The Bowery ,,,,,

Hope it's not true,,,,

They're The Mecca of N.Y.C. Pool,,,,,,,,

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I tried to go into there store a few weeks ago just to check it out and they were closed. This was early afternoon on a Saturday. I thought it strange for them not to be open.

If anyone from Blatt's is reading this......sorry about the face prints on your windows:eek:

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I'm going to stop by Blatt this Wednesday and find out. My friend has metal bridge and silver cup chalk. So, I want to pick up a durable no marring bridge heads (Brianna) and some Masters chalk. Friends do not let friends use Silver Cup chalk. I'm thinking of lending him my other Sledgehammer, and some sneaky petes I have lying around.

Omar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried to go into there store a few weeks ago just to check it out and they were closed. This was early afternoon on a Saturday. I thought it strange for them not to be open.

If anyone from Blatt's is reading this......sorry about the face prints on your windows:eek:

They might be calling it quits, but I wouldn't read too much into them being closed on Saturday. I believe the owners are Jewish. I took the train to NYC one weekend to buy a cue about 12 years ago and they were closed that day.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
They might be calling it quits, but I wouldn't read too much into them being closed on Saturday. I believe the owners are Jewish. I took the train to NYC one weekend to buy a cue about 12 years ago and they were closed that day.

Thanks for the info. I don't like to work on Saturdays either. There is nothing on their website suggesting the end is near so lets hope its all good.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not really a good indicator of whether they're closing, but their website is still up:

http://blattbilliards.com/

(I would think that, being responsible business people they are, they'd announce any sort of closing on their website. But nothing of the sort that I can see.)

-Sean

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Not really a good indicator of whether they're closing, but their website is still up:

http://blattbilliards.com/

(I would think that, being responsible business people they are, they'd announce any sort of closing on their website. But nothing of the sort that I can see.)

-Sean

and yet no one picks up the phone and calls them...amazing

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Blast has been in business to long to quit now, I don't think they'd close the doors unless the owners switched hands and moved shop.

Rob.M

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Gotta be honest, I'm not surprised. I've only went there a hand full of times in the past 5-6 years and its always dead. The prices are outrageous and people were always rude and condisending. I bought a $1400 cue from them and they made it seem like a hassle. The cue had a problem, they said they'd send it back to the cue maker in Europe. A month later, they forgot to ship it. So I wasn't a huge fan of the place after that. If that was the typical custumer experience, I'm not surprised.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe I read something recently that mentioned a long time employee- a name I certainly recognized but do not recall- was let go recently. Resulting from Blatt's reduced sales, IIRC.