New 2014 PREDATOR Throne Series

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I concur with Darren... (see image link on predators FB)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....498487963155.293187.518568155&type=1&theater

http://www.predatorcues.com/predator_cues_throne.php

DAZ "...Feel and hits so good... More power. With no effort.. Can't wait for next year to get started with it... Predator bringing some serious shit out . Pred air jump cue sick .. These thrones (are) sick ..."

Full disclosure... I received My Throne 3 from the AZBilliards Dec Giveaway that was sponsored in part by Predator Cues... and might I again say "thank you to AZ and Predator!!!"... BUT OMG this cue series with the C4 Technology, Joint design as well as the Customize-able Weight Cartridge System (compatible w my new Air2), and the classy design and simple beauty makes the CUE a cut WELLLL above the rest in MUCH Higher Price Ranges. Hits smooth but with 'solid core (C4) power' that Darren also noticed 'out of the bag'.

I feel so Lucky to have received (from AZ) one of the first 10 that was made for 'the Pros' for the December pre-release at the Mosonic cup unveiling.... (This was from Dave @ Predator FL on Dec 14, 2013 when I upgraded the 314-2 to a 30" Z2) I can't wait to get my new Ki-Tech (medium) tip on after some wear on the 'stock issue' Everest® by Tiger®

This Predator THRONE Series is... "some serious shit".... DAZ

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are they available with a no wrap handle? Many players, like myself, only play no wrap cues.

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are they available with a no wrap handle? Many players, like myself, only play no wrap cues.

I don't think so... but might I say that I too for my first 20 years of pool playing I too played (preferred) a slick cue (for my slip stroking days)... kinda like I would of never consider playing with a glove (I had to feel the wood), but times and equipment quality has changed so dramatically that this has allowed my brain to expand quite a bit in the recent years.

This cue grip has a very unique design (see the Predator site links above) and I can tell you it really ADDS smoothness to the tactile feedback and at the same time can deliver some real power effortlessly when needed.

We all have opinions... (just look at our politics, religions and personal prejudices) but these are based on our on personal imposed limitations- or'comfort zones'. All I can really say is find someone that has one when they hit the streets and hit a couple of racks before you block yourself out of this masterful 'piece of art'.

I love this cue as is... it feels 'finished' as is to me (and I'm not alone... watch over the next couple of months)

Good Luck

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure what you played with for 20 years, but there is nothing Slick about a no wrap handle.

In fact that is the exact reason why so many players will only play no wrap, because of the excellent grip.

I have tried many wraps over the years and all that I have ever tried were slicker than a no wrap handle.

The Wrap that Predator uses on the Ikon series is especially slippery. I wonder if that is the same grip they are using here?

Yes, politics and religion change. However Pool hasn't hardly changed in some 200 years.

There will always be players who prefer no wrap handles because of their greater gripping properties.

Seems to me like Predator would sell more cues if they offered the Ikon. and now Throne series with a ebony no wrap handle option. Seems like that should be easy enough to do.

Why would a cue company only be interested in selling their cues to some of the players.

I would think it better business to try and sell a cue to everyone.

That's my two cents.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NOT A WISE CHOICE TO BUY! IF YOU EVER DECIDE TO SELL WATCH OUT! YOU LOSE BIG TIME.:eek:

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure what you played with for 20 years, but there is nothing Slick about a no wrap handle.

In fact that is the exact reason why so many players will only play no wrap, because of the excellent grip.

I have tried many wraps over the years and all that I have ever tried were slicker than a no wrap handle.

The Wrap that Predator uses on the Ikon series is especially slippery. I wonder if that is the same grip they are using here?

Yes, politics and religion change. However Pool hasn't hardly changed in some 200 years.

There will always be players who prefer no wrap handles because of their greater gripping properties.

Seems to me like Predator would sell more cues if they offered the Ikon. and now Throne series with a ebony no wrap handle option. Seems like that should be easy enough to do.

Why would a cue company only be interested in selling their cues to some of the players.

I would think it better business to try and sell a cue to everyone.

"...I would not pay more than $400 for any of them..."

That's my two cents.

Your right!... I would not recommend you waist your time on this series. This cue is NOT for you or that budget.

ME... I have many slicks from the 80's forward- Scruggs, Schons, 2 much higher end Customs than those 2, Multiple slick Muckies - couple of OL1's and SP's from the 80'. I also have pressed (Schon SL23) and non pressed linens and skins (customs) as well.

This cue's grip is unique... it reminds me of the tacky feeling of those silicone grips when they're brand new but looks like a leather texture.

I have the cue in hand (Throne 3) like Darren Appleton has been shooting with his Throne 4. I have played this past week with it (with other advanced players), there's nothing about this design that LOOKS or FEELS "midrange"... Compared the 'cheap cues' I mentioned above, this cue fits in quite nicely if not better.

I think I'll have to agree more with a world champions opinion about this Throne Series, having the actual cue hand rather than calling "all sizzle and no steak" from the bleachers as was stated in your post in another thread.

That's my opinion.

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are entitled to your opinion, rhatten. but the facts are the facts. One interesting fact is that you added the line " I would not pay more than $400.00 for any of them." to my response to you.

Not a problem, however, because it's actually true.

This isn't about who you shoot pool with or what they have to say about anything.

Predator does not even manufacture a cue. That's a fact.

Predator has contracted many manufactures to produce cues for them, it's really hard to keep track. That's is a fact.

So what really is a Predator cue? Can you tell me who makes this new super duper stick?

One thing for sure, this is a production cue, That's a fact.

I suspect it to be the same cue as an Ikon, same flimsy joint, probably the same cheap fake leather wrap that's slicker than Mobile One. I see it has more inlays and other cosmetic touches than normal, is that what makes it such a superior player?

No one really knows what Predator is selling, do they? Predator should call this their mystery cue from who knows where #34.

Check out Predator's web site .. No info of value what so ever about this cue. That too is a fact.

There's plenty of sizzle there though. This is also a fact.

In summation of the facts, this is at best a mid range production cue, That is what it is.

Why would anyone buy a 'pig in a poke' when they could commission a custom build for $700 to $1000, specify and know what they are buying, and really have a sweet player?

You're entitled to your opinion, rhattan. But coming from someone who thinks a no wrap handle is slick, I'm not sure what that's worth. Did you hear that from the advanced players you hang with?

I'm not trying to pick a bone with you, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

Feel free to continue on with all the sizzle you want. It would just be nice to see some real info on this very expensive production cue from an unknown maker.

And that's my opinion.

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This (Thread) isn't about who you shoot pool with or what they have to say about anything.

...and your right yet again.

Thank you for allowing me to have my opinion. Since the title of this Thread title reads....

Cue Review
Reviews from owners and questions from shoppers.

.... I thought I qualified to have a review comment. Btw my real name is Randy Hatten and I have this cue ...to review. I understand your need to remain nameless. I answered your 'grip' question about this Cue Series as best I could. I understand you have reservation of my opinion with your comment of..

..."You're entitled to your opinion, rhattan (rhatten). But coming from someone who thinks a no wrap handle is slick, I'm not sure what that's worth. Did you hear that from the advanced players you hang with?"

and thats all good.. Merry Christmas to you too.

As far as the rest of your rant..
"So what really is a Predator cue? Can you tell me who makes this new super duper stick?....
...No one really knows what Predator is selling, do they? Predator should call this their mystery cue from who knows where #34.
....Why would anyone buy a 'pig in a poke' when they could commission a custom build for ... etc"

I'm sure you probably have a car, a phone, a house and your computer etc and all of them are 'built' by their respective assembly line manufacturing plant to some degree, and they all have different models to choose from. Who ever stated that Predator build every component (tips, ferrule material, grew there own trees, manufactured their own Joints part, carved every inlay with their self manufactured pocket knives or their own lathes for that matter) of each cue they 'produce'???

This year I happen the like the way FORD puts together (assembles- produces) and also the new 2014 Corvette that I drove today ... not so much their older FORD Pinto models. Pick whatever example you want "Agent 99", times have changed for many companies in the pool world as technology continues forward. I get your point that this cue series is 'not custom built the way YOU think it should be assemble' (built). No one said that this cue was a one off. Since you haven't experienced this Throne Series 1st hand not sure why you feel the need to bash this manufacture's new equipment sight unseen....

btw YOU can bash me all you want... at least 'from the stands' "Agent 99".

I like the new 2014 VETTE and I LOVE this new Throne Cue. Thanks PREDATOR for stepping up your game this year- BEHIND THE JOINT.

Randy

Last edited:
You are entitled to your opinion, rhatten. but the facts are the facts. One interesting fact is that you added the line " I would not pay more than $400.00 for any of them." to my response to you.

This isn't about who you shoot pool with or what they have to say about anything.

Predator has contracted many manufactures to produce cues for them, it's really hard to keep track. That's is a fact.

So what really is a Predator cue? Can you tell me who makes this new super duper stick?

I suspect it to be the same cue as an Ikon, same flimsy joint, probably the same cheap fake leather wrap that's slicker than Mobile One. I see it has more inlays and other cosmetic touches than normal, is that what makes it such a superior player?

No one really knows what Predator is selling, do they? Predator should call this their mystery cue from who knows where #34.

Check out Predator's web site .. No info of value what so ever about this cue. That too is a fact.

In summation of the facts, this is at best a mid range production cue, That is what it is.

Why would anyone buy a 'pig in a poke' when they could commission a custom build for $700 to $1000, specify and know what they are buying, and really have a sweet player?

You're entitled to your opinion, rhattan. But coming from someone who thinks a no wrap handle is slick, I'm not sure what that's worth. Did you hear that from the advanced players you hang with?

I'm not trying to pick a bone with you, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

Feel free to continue on with all the sizzle you want. It would just be nice to see some real info on this very expensive production cue from an unknown maker.

And that's my opinion.

lol.

It is my opinion that you don't know the difference between what is a fact and what is an opinion.

What definitely isn't opinion, however, is how many 'super-duper' customs are being hawked in the 'for sale' section. Obviously, they're all for sale because they are so brilliant to play with. I wonder if Daz is going to do his xmas shopping there?

:rolleyes:

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you drove a 2014 Corvette that Ford made, you better buy that baby, it will worth a lot!

Didn't mean to be confusing by switching my referenced auto assembly company name mid sentence, but the point being, today all cues/ cars/ etc is an assembly process... no two piece cues builders make all of the parts individually... how they use their glue or paint on clear coat (as well as provide customer service) and represent a quality performance product is what matters.

The new vette is awesome. It just happened to be fresh on my mind is why I even mentioned it... :shakehead:

Randy

Omar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol.

It is my opinion that you don't know the difference between what is a fact and what is an opinion.

What definitely isn't opinion, however, is how many 'super-duper' customs are being hawked in the 'for sale' section. Obviously, they're all for sale because they are so brilliant to play with. I wonder if Daz is going to do his xmas shopping there?

:rolleyes:

Actually, this smells an awful lot like an opinion, too. The only fact that can be derived from an item being listed in the for sale section is that it's owner is trying to raise some cash. Anything else is pure conjecture.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And that's my opinion.
I'm a big Predator fan but agree with your opinion.
They do hawk there jobs out to other companies,which might be a good thing.
I think there specialty cues are made by other companies cause Predator doesn't
want to take the time out from there regular cues to make them.
People might not pay what there paying for these cues if they were actually
made at Predator. As long as the Predator logo is on the stick, people will
buy it, even if it was made by Mattel .