Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Never going to another Super Billiards Expo.
Page 7 of 7 « First 567

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#91)
eihi
AzB Silver Member
eihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-22-2018, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiac kid View Post
No problem. I'm 74 and proud of it!!! Not the most technologically savvy but I get by pretty well.. Thirty eight years in the consumer electronics business. Started selling tube type audio electronics and retired just as the MP3 technology began to infest the audio world. Incidentally, notice vinyl records are making a comeback!

Mind if I ask your age?

Lyn
I am fast approaching the ripe age of 40, I am quite behind the times for my age though. I am curious what do they do by hand at southwest, is laurie using an xacto knife and dremmel for inlays and pocket cuts, what did you mean exactly? Thanks for clarifying

Old
  (#92)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member

Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
04-22-2018, 07:43 AM

Just in case no one knows why-Pool players are a particularly underhanded bunch. You could have given your real pass to a buddy and then used your receipt etc to get in if they allowed it. 2 for one for everybody eventually-slight exaggeration but you can bet it would be taken advantage of. I know YOU didnt do that but they don't.

Old
  (#93)
eihi
AzB Silver Member
eihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond repute

04-22-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostroke View Post
Just in case no one knows why-Pool players are a particularly underhanded bunch. You could have given your real pass to a buddy and then used your receipt etc to get in if they allowed it. 2 for one for everybody eventually-slight exaggeration but you can bet it would be taken advantage of. I know YOU didnt do that but they don't.
Let's take your example and add a couple more...

Hypothetically I could use photoshop and make a copy of the badge for my buddies,clear plastic sleeves are dirt cheap.

If I buy tickets from an online vendor for an event that doesn't have assigned seating, something like the warped tour and use the Print-at-Home function I could print a 1000 tickets out.

BUT, if a business protects itself properly, which is why tickets have barcodes those same safety features would have allowed OP to have easily been let back in, or for staff to verify if anyone using the badge had already entered the premises and was still on the premises using said ticket/badge.

By the company properly protecting its revenue using technology, it is also able to provide better customer service.

Old
  (#94)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member

Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

04-22-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eihi View Post
Let's take your example and add a couple more...

Hypothetically I could use photoshop and make a copy of the badge for my buddies,clear plastic sleeves are dirt cheap.

If I buy tickets from an online vendor for an event that doesn't have assigned seating, something like the warped tour and use the Print-at-Home function I could print a 1000 tickets out.

BUT, if a business protects itself properly, which is why tickets have barcodes those same safety features would have allowed OP to have easily been let back in, or for staff to verify if anyone using the badge had already entered the premises and was still on the premises using said ticket/badge.

By the company properly protecting its revenue using technology, it is also able to provide better customer service.
cant argue w you-Alan is a dinosaur-It couldn't have been more than 7-8 years ago- someone had to splain to him what an internet forum was and he didnt really seem to get it then. I could be wrong on the years but it was WELL after 80% of americans knew and many many years after i was using them.

Last edited by Nostroke; 04-22-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Old
  (#95)
eihi
AzB Silver Member

04-22-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
cant argue w you-Alan is a dinosaur-It couldn't have been more than 7-8 years ago- someone had to splain to him what an internet forum was and he didnt really seem to get it then. I could be wrong on the years but it was WELL after 80% of americans knew and many many years after i was using them.
I love Allen and Dawn, I haven't kept up much with them the last 15-20 years, but
I wish them and SBE nothing but success and prosperity.

Old
  (#96)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member

04-22-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eihi View Post
I love Allen and Dawn, I haven't kept up much with them the last 15-20 years, but
I wish them and SBE nothing but success and prosperity.
Well that is kinda obvious- They broke up 10+ years ago or so.

Old
  (#97)
eihi
AzB Silver Member

04-22-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Well that is kinda obvious- They broke up 10+ years ago or so.
Well that shows how far out the loop I am

Page 7 of 7 « First 567

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: