Old
  (#16)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-13-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
What if the CB ends up between the 2 and the top side pocket?

pj
chgo

Attachment 88888
Exactly. Avoid that bad position by getting the cb all the way over to that long rail and back out a little for the 2 in the side, which leaves the correct line to the 3 without taking a chance on running into anything.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#17)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member
FranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond repute

04-14-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
Exactly. Avoid that bad position by getting the cb all the way over to that long rail and back out a little for the 2 in the side, which leaves the correct line to the 3 without taking a chance on running into anything.
This may sound funny, but if the 1 was closer to the rail, I'd agree, but I know from tons of experience in shooting this shot that it's a classic shot for an overcut error in trying to get down for the 2 in the side. You have to also consider the ball pocketing percentage with whatever spin you need for position.
That's why I'd really like to see the shot on an actual table to judge the angle and distance from the rail better.

Been Verified. Supporter of responsible teaching. Background checks for instructors, especially those who teach kids.

Old
  (#18)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

04-14-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCrimi View Post
This may sound funny, but if the 1 was closer to the rail, I'd agree, but I know from tons of experience in shooting this shot that it's a classic shot for an overcut error in trying to get down for the 2 in the side. You have to also consider the ball pocketing percentage with whatever spin you need for position.
That's why I'd really like to see the shot on an actual table to judge the angle and distance from the rail better.
To each their own. I always choose the easier position when the shot isn't challenging. Here it looks pretty simple, even if I'm off a little on speed I'll get the right angle on the 2 in the side. For the corner I'd want nearly straight in on the 2, which means my speed would have to be much more accurate.

I think the smartest thing to do for those in doubt about this shot is to shoot it a couple of dozen times each way and see what works more consistently for you to get a good shot on 3. Then that should be your goto shot anytime a similar situation comes up.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#19)
Imac007
AzB Bronze Member
Imac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond repute

08-06-2018, 03:00 PM

This is a Kid Delicous clock system shot. The 11 o’clock shot goes straight across. 10 o’clock to the next diamond. 9 o’clock for the side scratch. 8 for the diamond past the side, etc. Just search for the videos on YouTube. I like the 8 o’clock shot as the position length has lots of tolerance. The position is also more forgiving. After playing the Kid’s clock for a while you love these balls just off the rail. The reference system is half ball with the cue ball’s natural roll entering the rail with check side. Buddy Hall’s system has a running side natural roll off contact. Neither are better. They are just reference systems, tools in the toolbox.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: