Perfect Aim

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m curious what it is. I like being at least aware of the various systems. It’s the first I heard of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m curious what it is. I like being at least aware of the various systems. It’s the first I heard of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It was developed by gene albrecht. He made a dvd about it which i have seen. I can explain the system fairly well but am having a problem with implementation on some shots. I believe it is due to a bad habit but looking for a way to correct it.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Gene Albrecht: Perfect Aim - Gene’s opinion that we should sight all pool shots by aligning the “inside” edge of the CB with the place on the OB where it should overlap for the cut angle we want, and that we should position the eye nearest that side of the CB directly over this line to get the truest picture of it.

For instance: for a 30-degree cut to the left (a 1/2 ball hit), sight from the CB’s left edge to the exact center of the OB by positioning the left eye over that line; For a 49-degree cut to the right (a 1/4 ball hit), sight from the CB’s right edge to the point 1/2 radius in from the OB’s left edge by positioning the right eye over that line; For a straight shot, sight from the CB’s edge to the OB’s edge by positioning the dominant eye over that line (obviously, using the edges on the dominant eye side).

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Gene Albrecht: Perfect Aim - Gene’s opinion that we should sight all pool shots by aligning the “inside” edge of the CB with the place on the OB where it should overlap for the cut angle we want, and that we should position the eye nearest that side of the CB directly over this line to get the truest picture of it.

For instance: for a 30-degree cut to the left (a 1/2 ball hit), sight from the CB’s left edge to the exact center of the OB by positioning the left eye over that line; For a 49-degree cut to the right (a 1/4 ball hit), sight from the CB’s right edge to the point 1/2 radius in from the OB’s left edge by positioning the right eye over that line; For a straight shot, sight from the CB’s edge to the OB’s edge by positioning the dominant eye over that line (obviously, using the edges on the dominant eye side).
Good description. Sounds familiar.

pj
chgo

Valiant Thor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perfect aim

Patrick I told you befor ,15-30-45 right,left visual sweep, plus visual intelligence . Now go learn to play pool.

ballston

Registered

So all you do is sight down your left eye for a left cut, and the right eye for a right cut?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Patrick I told you befor ,15-30-45 right,left visual sweep, plus visual intelligence . Now go learn to play pool.
Yes, we know that's all you can imagine, but this system doesn't teach that. Sorry.

Oh, and since I've apparently seen everything you have to say (over and over)... *plonk*

pj
chgo

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, we know that's all you can imagine, but this system doesn't teach that. Sorry.

Oh, and since I've apparently seen everything you have to say (over and over)... *plonk*

pj
chgo

Ah. The old RSB days of kill scripts. :)

I've found myself saying that to people in real life and they ask what it means and I realize I have absolutely no context in which to explain it to them.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

I've found myself saying [*plonk*] to people in real life and they ask what it means and I realize I have absolutely no context in which to explain it to them.
It's onamonapoetic - defines itself.

pj
chgo

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've found myself saying that to people in real life and they ask what it means and I realize I have absolutely no context in which to explain it to them.

There's a lot of stuff like that from the RSB days, like the Lucy references, the Smorgisms, and the baby seal jokes.

Baby seal walks into a bar.

Bartender says, "What'll ya have?"

Baby seal says, "Anything but Canadian Club on the rocks."

Lou Figueroa
bada bing

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
There's a lot of stuff like that from the RSB days, like the Lucy references, the Smorgisms, and the baby seal jokes.

Baby seal walks into a bar.

Bartender says, "What'll ya have?"

Baby seal says, "Anything but Canadian Club on the rocks."

Lou Figueroa
bada bing
lol

Before this I'd only heard the condensed version:

"Baby seal walks into a club."

pj
chgo
bada boom