Oscar Dominguez and Justin Bergman

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
They are supposed to be playing in Louisville tomorrow (Aug.15)
...for 20Gs...race to 25....Oscar gets 2 on the wire.

Can someone confirm this and maybe give a link to streaming?

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are supposed to be playing in Louisville tomorrow (Aug.15)
...for 20Gs...race to 25....Oscar gets 2 on the wire.

Can someone confirm this and maybe give a link to streaming?

I would love to see that.

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• Capture+_2018-08-14-14-11-40-1.png
    Capture+_2018-08-14-14-11-40-1.png
    188.9 KB · Views: 1,613

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Yeah, and poolclub.live is a maze to navigate, and one doesn't know what they are signing up for when they get the "free" account, there is no advertised price for this stream on the front page, etc.

It is really irritating when fly-by-night joints get the go ahead to stream a big action match like this. Makes me appreciate Ray Hansen a whol lot more..

In other words, learn what the fook you are doing as a streaming provider, i.e. marketing, web site ease of use, etc., before you lock down some big action match. Both Big Truck and The Action Report knew what they were doing, and people watch/watched their stuff.

I mean, jaysus christ.. Lookit this "explanation", of how to view content on their site. As far as I can tell, there is no way to just buy the stream, you have to sign up for a monthly subscription of some sort. And to figure out if it is a mandatory recurring charge or not, you have to first create an account, then read this fookin' gobbledeegook. If I am coming across a little bit salty, it's because there are two pretty cool streams in the next few days (14.1 Dragon Productions and this action match), and they are overly burdensome to access because of the inexperience of those in charge. I think in the particular case of poolclub.live, there was somebody on Facebook last year or so fanning the flames of the 3 or 4 players like SHane Winters complaining that they don't make $1,000.00 or some crap off each of their streamed barbox 9 ball matches, and then he starte dup this site... But he don't know what dee fook he is doing.

poolclub.live gobbledeegook said:
Which 30-day license should I purchase?
Thank you for your willingness to monetarily support Pool Players, Network Contributors, and On Site Pool Network. There are two 30-day licenses available. $12.00 USD per month or $6.00 USD per month. At this time, only the $12.00 USD per month 30-day license can be offered at a discounted rate by purchasing 3, 6 or 12 months up front. Depending on the discounted $12.00 USD licensing plan you choose to purchase, a $0.50 USD per month discount is applied. For example: Purchasing a 12 month (1 year) license up front will average $10.00 USD monthly; 6 months? $10.50 USD monthly, and 3 months? $11.00 USD monthly. For your convenience the 3, 6 or 12 month discounted licenses are a 1 time payment and will never renew automatically. If you choose the single month $12.00 USD or $6.00 USD 30-day license, it will automatically renew until you physically cancel.

Difference Between $12.00 USD and $6.00 USD 30-day licenses: Network Contributors have control to make their live stream or on-demand videos public or private. In video libraries you will notice live streams or on-demand videos marked publicly licensed or privately licensed. $12.00 USD 30-day private license holders have access to both publicly or privately licensed live streams or on-demand videos in the highest quality. $6.00 USD 30-day public license holders only have access to publicly licensed live streams and on-demand videos in the highest quality. You will be notified by an on screen message if the license you hold is sufficient to continue.

Where’s the button or link to purchase a 30-day license?
You may be confused where to purchase a 30-day license which is understandable. You can initiate a 30-day license purchase while you are logged-in from any live stream or on-demand video. This ensures the network functions properly so data collected during any 30-day license purchase is a success for Network Contributors and Pool Players. They are excited to see 30-day licenses purchased to support their hard work and effort in the sport of billiards. Thank you.

Last edited:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recall reading a while back that Oscar said he has learned a lot from Johan. I guess this match will give an indication of how what he has learned so far.

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
I recall reading a while back that Oscar said he has learned a lot from Johan. I guess this match will give an indication of how what he has learned so far.

Yeah. Too bad hardly anyone will watch it because of the points I made above.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I was on the Pool Club Louisville facebook page last night, and they were live on there streaming a Bergman vs Louis Demarco with Demarco getting the breaks and the 7. They were about even when I went to bed, but it was early in the set. Not sure how it came out. I'm not sure if the Oscar match will be on the facebook live stream or not.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find it crazy that a potential Mosconi Cup member needs 2 on the wire against a guy not being considered for the team...

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play at the club where they are going to play. The tables are 9 footer Diamonds from the DCC. The corner pockets have been tightened up quite a bit. The tables play tuff but honest. It should be quite a match to watch.

BTW the location is in Southern IN. Not far from the DCC. I suspect there will be some action in there around January when the tournament is in town.

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member
I find it crazy that a potential Mosconi Cup member needs 2 on the wire against a guy not being considered for the team...

They are playing a completely different game one is nine ball and the other is 10 ball.

I don't believe Oscar thinks he needs two games going to 25 but that is what was negotiated and he is smart enough to take the spot. There is a very high probability that the spot will only come into play in the players minds. I know I have been involved in some sets where I was spotting someone and I am thinking this guys plays just as good as me and it gets in your head. Kind of like getting the last two, if you don't think you can beat the guy without that spot it isn't enough.

Gambling matches have very little to do with how someone would perform at the Mosconi cup. No one on the European team will gamble with Shane but a lot of them have beaten him in the race to five.

Certainly Justin plays good enough to be on the Mosconi team, I am not sure why he isn't on the team. It could be he doesn't want to travel all over the world to play in an event that is just setup for TV with races to five.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I play at the club where they are going to play. The tables are 9 footer Diamonds from the DCC. The corner pockets have been tightened up quite a bit. The tables play tuff but honest. It should be quite a match to watch.

BTW the location is in Southern IN. Not far from the DCC. I suspect there will be some action in there around January when the tournament is in town.

they say the table has 4 1/4" POCKETS.

ANYONE SORT OUT A STREAM LINK YET AND START TIME?

SORry about the caps...

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Start time is supposed to be 6 pm our time. I believe they are playing on the table with 4 and 1/4 corners. The monster table next to it has 4 1/8 corners. The tables play tough but they play good.

Not sure about a stream but I may go watch it live.

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
I am not signing up with that shady-arse poolclub.live.

If that's the only way to view it, I won't be viewing it.

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
Oh, and if anyone gets to wondering too much about who is the one responsible for locking this action match behind a recurring monthly membership paywall, it is Zach Goldsmith. A lot of you have him as a friend on Facebook. He set up all the streaming sites associated with this.

Basically, he is locking streaming content up behind paywalls and to get access to it, you HAVE to be a monthly member at whatever the cost is. So, from what I can gather, the players in question get 80% of the proceeds of a monthly membership if someone buys that monthly membership through one of the streamed matches of that particular player.

Now, I totally understand the idea behind monthly memberships as a means of revenue generation of streaming content that one has recorded... But Zach is proposing that he is giving 80% of the profits back to the players, because, reasons?

It just doesn't sound legit, in any way, shape, or form. The costs to travel and stream are very high, and to say you are willingly giving up 80% of what you make, because "trust me, I will totally pay"?

Color me skeptic.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The score is 8-5 Justin....pretty sure Oscar’s headstart is part of the 5
....no commentary....a little disappointing for a paid stream.

On the plus side, I got to hear on the sound system, Can’t You See....
....by The Marshall Tucker Band

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member
Same here. A one time fee of $12 to watch is one thing, but $12 PER MONTH. F that.

_______

I agree that price per month is a scam. Supposedly they were giving 80% of the proceeds to the players, I am sure they are not getting any of the ongoing revenue.