E-Grip pool cue holder review

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
Well lets eliminate the haters right off....yes this costs 75$ .....yes that is expensive....I don't give a damn if you think me foolish or extravagant, it's my money and I shall spend it as I see fit!
Now on to the review. I have used many of the available cue holders that have come onto the market over the years. Most ....if not all, were the table top rest type (aka the claw) and a few clamp on styles like the porper. All had the same flaw, they failed to protect the cue from accidental bumps knocking it to the floor. All served as decent rests between innings, but so does my knee. I wanted something that would offer a degree of protection as well.....The "E-GRIP" does exactly that. Made from what appears to be aircraft aluminium polished so there are no rough edges and lined with a rubber cushion both inside and out. Clamping is the vise style with a J hook that serves to hang the case from. Workmanship is first rate and it is simple to use. It is a step above the other holders IMHO and customer service is top notch. I am happy with my purchase and recommend this product wholeheartedly .

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
Perhaps so Pocket....I am sure you have posted one or two things here as have I. Invariably, one of the first replies is by some asshat troll who has a shoe size bigger than their IQ. weaned off their mommas breasts too early perhaps and starving for attention....I dunno, but it does get a mite tiresome.

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://egrip.com/

E-Grip-Full-Web.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

-Ben

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I just lay my case on the table at an angle, letting it hang over a few inches. Set my cue in the crotch and it stays put.

Last edited:

Richard Kapela

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had mine for years, and always get compliments on it, and asked where to get one.

You do need to be careful when setting up the clamp. If you don't insert the vertical piece just right, the whole thing can fall apart. So I always test it before putting my cues in.

It just fits in the middle pocket of my JB Rugged 3/6-4/5 case. Had I known how tight it was, I might have ordered the pocket a smidge larger. Don't have mine handy, otherwise I would post measurements.

Expensive, sure. But it's not like you need to buy them every year. Mine has more than paid for itself by saving my cues several times over the years. I don't use it all the time, only when I either don't know what the room/bar will be like, or if I do know that I need the extra security.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My cue is in my hand or resting on the table flat or in its case. That’s it. Don’t think I’d use one, it does look safe though

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Most of the time I slide my cues into the case and let it be the holder. What I like about a Q-Claw is that if someone does bump into it (which happens too often for my liking) the cue has an escape path. A dent in my shaft from the floor is better than the whole cue snapping in half because it had no where to go.

Just the way I see it, your mileage may vary.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dan...This looks like a decent, albeit very expensive cue holder. I will tell you that the inventor has some VERY strange ideas of how to learn to play. I would never recommend his youtube videos on instruction.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Well lets eliminate the haters right off....yes this costs 75$ .....yes that is expensive....I don't give a damn if you think me foolish or extravagant, it's my money and I shall spend it as I see fit!
Now on to the review. I have used many of the available cue holders that have come onto the market over the years. Most ....if not all, were the table top rest type (aka the claw) and a few clamp on styles like the porper. All had the same flaw, they failed to protect the cue from accidental bumps knocking it to the floor. All served as decent rests between innings, but so does my knee. I wanted something that would offer a degree of protection as well.....The "E-GRIP" does exactly that. Made from what appears to be aircraft aluminium polished so there are no rough edges and lined with a rubber cushion both inside and out. Clamping is the vise style with a J hook that serves to hang the case from. Workmanship is first rate and it is simple to use. It is a step above the other holders IMHO and customer service is top notch. I am happy with my purchase and recommend this product wholeheartedly .

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same here Ghosst. That E-Grip looks nice but heavy and bulky for travel. I just pack a small 2 cue Q-Claw to lean/rest my shafts on in it with butts safe in case.

Bought a Porper for my cues and teammates ( 6 cue holder) a few years ago and used it for about 2 weeks. Cute idea but sloppy teammates banged my cue butts a few times tossing their inexpensive cues into and out of clamps...... it got 'lost' fast.

-Kat,

Most of the time I slide my cues into the case and let it be the holder. What I like about a Q-Claw is that if someone does bump into it (which happens too often for my liking) the cue has an escape path. A dent in my shaft from the floor is better than the whole cue snapping in half because it had no where to go.

Just the way I see it, your mileage may vary.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really liked the Cue-it-Up holders when they came out, but depending on the height and thickness of the drink tables where you are playing, they sometimes cannot be used.

I settled on the Q-Claw, but modified mine with a couple of flipping coins, oddly from the new version of the Cue-it-Up. I rarely carry cash/change any more, so when you need a coin to flip, Ive got it covered with a spare. :grin:

43177316805_6ce7053a27_c.jpg

43177316625_e5b054156d_c.jpg

Drill a couple of holes, glue in some magnets, and cover the magnets with small leather discs.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I've had the egrip for close to 3 years now. Got it for Christmas 2 and 3/4 yrs ago. I don't use it anymore as the table I sit at is so awkward and thick that it doesn't clamp on the table correctly. Hoping the bar gets new tables so I can go back to using it.

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems there will always be some drunk or just some careless ahole who will manage to kick your cue no matter what holder your using. If im not shooting, my stick is in my hand or its back in its case till my next game. Makes it so much harder for that wanker that insists on damaging your cue.