Schon Classic Sharp point Runde info

KidKC

Registered
Can anyone provide any information on this cue? I am told it is late 80s Runde built cue.

received_223384751716880.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

received_223384355050253.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can say for certain that it is not a catalog cue. I didn't see anything close in the SP series catalog either. This may have been a special order cue from Schon when Runde was still there. That is my best guess.

KidKC

Registered
With how the points are sharp etc, would you say this was a Runde? Also how would I put a value on this cue?

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone provide any information on this cue? I am told it is late 80s Runde built cue.

received_223384751716880.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

received_223384355050253.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Late 80's sounds about right considering the sharp points and the older masons micarta ferrule. It's definitely "Runde Era." Value really depends. The market in general is tough but the older sharp points Schons just play like a beast (They don't call them poor mans Szamboti's for nothing.) Value wise, it's got a little ivory in it which helps. I would probably put it in the $800 to $850 range if the buyer is motivated and it's a good day but that number could move up or down pretty easily.

If I didn't build cues, I would have one of these as a player.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The interesting thing about the old Schon Rude era cues is that the catalog cues (R Series) seem to bring more money when in good condition and good shafts than do the custom cues made around the same time.

Those old cues do play great and I have had more than a few. With Bob getting ready to retire from cue building, this might be worth holding onto for a few more years.

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The interesting thing about the old Schon Rude era cues is that the catalog cues (R Series) seem to bring more money when in good condition and good shafts than do the custom cues made around the same time.

Those old cues do play great and I have had more than a few. With Bob getting ready to retire from cue building, this might be worth holding onto for a few more years.

In the right market, they bring some decent money for a production cue. Last I checked (years ago,) a 4 point, 4 veneer was running $500-600 if it was in good shape. Straight, original shafts with the yellow masons micarta ferrules are especially desirable because of the "cool factor" more than anything else. There were some pretty extreme custom examples in that same time. A few I remember well were Johnny Archers ivory point (he was still just 7th or 8th on tour at the time if I remember right. He kicked my *** at the Tennessee State Open that year,) and one that had coral inlays.

KidKC

Registered
This particular cue I can get on a trade for my Huebler AS-H6 that has 2 og shafts and $500 for the Schon.

Danny 314

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking for a Runde era Schon. If anyone has one for sale, I'm interested.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk