My 300th Post / Do u name your cue(s)?

ssbn610g

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My two working cues came with a name, "Sneaky Pete". Never saw a need to give them a different name.

Al

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Larry Vigas had the lightning symbol ans "Wonderboy"
written onto it

I sold it anticipating a fancier cue,but it was person and made me smile

I think I will have him name the next one too,it felt special

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No names for cues
But my tight assed table is known as misery

* wish I had started this crap earlier *

Albatross Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aloha

Name every cue that I have built. There's "Scales" "Money Maker" " Long Don" "Applejack" "Spot" "Running Reds" "Bling" and "Zipper" just to name a few.

But one of my favorites was "Cat Pan" or "Shit Pan". Either one would fit. The customer wanted red rings in a cue, so I went down to Petco and found a cat litter pan that was red and cut it up to make the few rings I needed for the cue. The only problem was it was scented, it took a while to get the smell out of my shop. Maybe I should have called it "Stinky".

Aloha

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
The Lucky 13

So after 10 1/2 years I have reached my 300th post.

Recently I had watched a show on samurai's and the samurai swords. Alot of famous swords have names attached to them. As the cue is the weapon of the pool player, I got to thinking if any players have ever given names to their principal playing cue. I know over the years I have seen many cue makers give names to cues they make. Even companies such as McDermott, Viking, Meucci, and Pechauer have given names to cue models they produce.

I have not given much thought to naming any of my cues over all the years that I have played. But I would be curious to know if any of the players on the forum have named their cue of choice, and what those names are. Might give me some ideas for naming my cues. :)

David "Glamour Dave" Nienow

2006 was my first year going up to the US Open. Barrys daughter Kelly sold me the 13th ticket from the end on a Schon Pool Cue. She said Ive got 13 left how many of them do you want? I said one 13 is my lucky number and sure enough it was. So that cue is The Lucky 13. Great STL 4. I still play with it from time to time. Havent named my other cue yet, Im thinking Ticklicker....like the name of Daniel Boones rifle.