U.S.A Vs Russia Dream Challenge free stream

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Johann will pick the 5 from this group

WOW!!! What a great coach!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If this is it we will get cooked. Plenty of other players that could have made this team stronger. Hatch, Shuff, Donny Mills, Danny Harriman. Believe me I heard from a couple people that its more about politics than building a winning team. I guess the real problem now is coaching where the problem before wasnt coaching.

I hate to sound like mr negative but if Team USA doesnt destroy this match up they are cooked.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Here's some food for thought... Have Tony Robles as Captain and let him select 5 from 10 players he feel is worth to play. I mean Matchroom gets to pick Team Europe yet we can't? We were held to Mosconi Cup point ranked events to determine our team? Therefore making our team merit based.

Well screw that if Europe just gets to chose their team why cant we the people pick our players?

SVB
Hatch
Thorpe
Skyward
Shuff

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
here's some food for thought... Have tony robles as captain and let him select 5 from 10 players he feel is worth to play. I mean matchroom gets to pick team europe yet we can't? We were held to mosconi cup point ranked events to determine our team? Therefore making our team merit based.

Well screw that if europe just gets to chose their team why cant we the people pick our players?

Svb
hatch
thorpe
skyward
shuff

lotion-basket.jpg

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I mean Matchroom gets to pick Team Europe yet we can't? We were held to Mosconi Cup point ranked events to determine our team? Therefore making our team merit based. ...

This year the Team USA captain (Ruijsink) is free to pick anyone he wants -- no automatic berths based on points events.

Team Europe will have 3 players who automatically qualify based on ranking events and 2 wildcard picks by their captain (Chamat).

Last edited:

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately so. ABN's FB page is it. Very good stream with good commentary.
Well... Jeremy Jones's commentary is very good. That Russian guy that keeps asking dumb questions, interrupting Jeremy is getting on my nerves.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tap Tap Tap....

Very true Pal. Sometimes that adrenaline rush after a great shot also makes you do something completely ridiculous just because you have the Superman Complex.

The second hardest shot is the one right after you make a great shot! :rolleyes:
On another note, we don't have five players in the USA who can match up with the five (ten, twenty?) best in Europe. Our only hope would be to add Canada and make our team North America. With Alex, Morra and Klatt we might have a slim chance.

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The second hardest shot is the one right after you make a great shot! :rolleyes:
On another note, we don't have five players in the USA who can match up with the five (ten, twenty?) best in Europe. Our only hope would be to add Canada and make our team North America. With Alex, Morra and Klatt we might have a slim chance.

finally, a sober opinion on the team picks. this has got nothing to do with pool politics, matchroom sports (if anything barry hearn wants USA to win by now) or johann rusjink.

speaking from an european perspective i would say that our advantage lies in organization, treating pool as a sport, playing exclusively on 9-footers and being tournament hardened, as opposed to knowing the ins and outs of hustling. USA would have a hard time against many singular euro countries. since europe clearly has that edge, it would be more fair if canada was included

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WOW!!! What a great coach!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If this is it we will get cooked. Plenty of other players that could have made this team stronger. Hatch, Shuff, Donny Mills, Danny Harriman. Believe me I heard from a couple people that its more about politics than building a winning team. I guess the real problem now is coaching where the problem before wasnt coaching.

I hate to sound like mr negative but if Team USA doesnt destroy this match up they are cooked.
hate to say it, but the argument about the US team has been played out in a dozen other threads...same argument, different thread.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
finally, a sober opinion on the team picks. this has got nothing to do with pool politics, matchroom sports (if anything barry hearn wants USA to win by now) or johann rusjink.

speaking from an european perspective i would say that our advantage lies in organization, treating pool as a sport, playing exclusively on 9-footers and being tournament hardened, as opposed to knowing the ins and outs of hustling. USA would have a hard time against many singular euro countries. since europe clearly has that edge, it would be more fair if canada was included
And Mexico and S.America and probably Antarctica ans Australia too while we're at it,

MatchroomPool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Here's some food for thought... Have Tony Robles as Captain and let him select 5 from 10 players he feel is worth to play. I mean Matchroom gets to pick Team Europe yet we can't? We were held to Mosconi Cup point ranked events to determine our team? Therefore making our team merit based.

Well screw that if Europe just gets to chose their team why cant we the people pick our players?

SVB
Hatch
Thorpe
Skyward
Shuff

Completely incorrect. The European team selects three players from the top of a 16 event ranking list and then the captain selects two wildcard picks to make up the -five-man team.

For the USA this year, the captain selected an initial squad of 15 players. Then some were eliminated, one or two dropped out or declined the invitation. From the current remaining players, he will select his team of five.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
How bout we get an American coach to represent America. 3 strong players against Europe's 5 best? I smell a huge loss. Im gonna predict 11-2

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The stage is just too big for some of these guys. I think Rusjink will recognize this and the team will be:

SVB
Thorpe
Woodward
Oscar

and...

Justin Bergman.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would pick

Shane
Earl
Justin Bergman
Dechaine (not sure about this one because the psychological factor influencing the others in a negative way might be greater than his merits as a player)
Thorpe

Instead of Dechaine Deuel or Archer.

Yep, I believe the old-timers Archer and Strickland would probably have more fighting spirit than the ones that keep losing year after year. Oh, and I am not sure if Shane will finally get his act together. If he does not play convincingly this time around I would strike him from the MC forever. Because for one reason or another he - consistently - grossly underperforms in that environment. Let's hope for a miracle this time around :)

The MC might be discontinued for lack of interest if everyone correctly predicted the outcome once more.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Momentum with Russia as they take lead 6-5 after SVB/ McMinn lost 1-5 to Dudanets/Stepanov

Maximum 7 matches to play today
So far USA dominate singles winning 3 out of 4 while Russia dominate doubles winning 4 out of 6 matches
The rookies (McMinn, Elleman, Styer) have lost 1 singles and only won 1 out of 4 doubles matches they were involved in so contributing only 0.5 points out of 5 points for USA. And 3 of next 6 matches will involve rookies :rolleyes: