watch out for scam

DD Custom Cues

Cues by Drew
Silver Member
i had a guy call me yesterday and said he was a pro pool player that plays is a lot tournements overseas and was looking for a sponcor. Then the same guy calls me today saying his girlfriend has cancer and was wanting me to donate a cue for auction. Says he was going down the az cumaker directory calling random people on the list. He's from Litchfield,IL and his phone number is (217)851-5790. So beware if this guy calls you.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
i had a guy call me yesterday and said he was a pro pool player that plays is a lot tournements overseas and was looking for a sponcor. Then the same guy calls me today saying his girlfriend has cancer and was wanting me to donate a cue for auction. Says he was going down the az cumaker directory calling random people on the list. He's from Litchfield,IL and his phone number is (217)851-5790. So beware if this guy calls you.

yep, he just called me too

dunkelcustomcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got the same call about an hour ago. Started out by saying he was interested in one of my cues and what do they start at. Then told me that his girlfriend has cancer and was looking for a donation. Seemed kind of odd.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Thats truly sad. To use one of our greatest fears in life to suck someone in.

I think each and every one of us has been touched by cancer, be it a family member or a friend. Maybe some day Justin will be touched by it some how for real and regret his decisions.

BMCC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He told me he won the Australian Open and needed a sponsor about a month ago i couldn't find any info on him.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
The guy could have saved himself a lot of work had he simply started a thread on here. :grin-square:

ddcuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He just called me today asking what my cues started at.
Then the same story about the girlfriend with cancer.
It's sad that people do this type of thing.
Then you don't know what to believe weather it's fact or fiction.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
He just called me today asking what my cues started at.
Then the same story about the girlfriend with cancer.
It's sad that people do this type of thing.
Then you don't know what to believe weather it's fact or fiction.

i dont know if he's a bullshitter or not
he does lurk on az, but not a member
but i dont build sneakys that he asked me about,
so im not what he's lookin' for anyways

DD Custom Cues

Cues by Drew
Silver Member
I probably wouldn't have thought much about it except that he called me two days in a row with different reasons to get get free cue. Maybe he's not trying to scam anyone but it sure doesn't look good to me.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
I probably wouldn't have thought much about it except that he called me two days in a row with different reasons to get get free cue. Maybe he's not trying to scam anyone but it sure doesn't look good to me.
well, he is going in alphabetical order,
and you have DOUBLE D's , not those kind :rotflmao1:

Last edited:

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do a search for him. The only reference to Justin Ferguson and the Australian Open is here, on AZB.... Scammer. From what I can tell the AO is a snooker tournament, and no Justin Ferguson has won it.

Bob Danielson

hillscues

American Craftsmanship
Silver Member
get his address and send him a old crappy or some kind of china cue. I have some my buddy cleans out foreclosed homes and always brings me some old junk cues. just don't leave your return address LOL . I'm joking , but would love to see the look on his face when he got scammed.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I have a cue I'd like to donate to him.
Due to health reasons myself, I'm a little short on funds
so I would have to get him to Pay Pal me the shipping cost
at the very least.
I was hoping he would call me.

Last edited:

DavesCueRepair

Just Custom Creations
Silver Member
That is a shame when someone does that. I do know my cancer is not a scam. I see the Dr again on June 3rd to see when they will take out my kidney and what kind of treatment we are going to do about my lung cancer. And for the cue makers that have donated a custom cue my family and I are greatly thankful for all your help.. It means so much to us. Thanks Dave Hedrick
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It may be no big deal to you but calling you and if he is another state he may have broken federal laws. If you want call a states attorney and hand them what you have. This guy sounds like a sleaze and he deserves what ever happens to him.

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Hi,

This guy is no doubt a pathological liar and he believes his own fantasies.

Look at his space book page. He show pics of a bunch of hot chicks. Look at his photo. I rest my case!

He won the Australian Open!. Funny he picked a location that is on the other side of the globe. Do he think that people on the internet can't check. I went on google and they have all of the tournament brackets listed and his name does not appear.

http://www.absc.com.au/welcome.shtml

They play snooker and billiards downunder not pool.

I will pray for this loser and waste of space.

Rick G

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
He has a comment on his page.
Hey B i t c h e s.
Yep, hes a class act he is. So with that, he really has or cares about his girlfriend.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
Hi,

This guy is no doubt a pathological liar and he believes his own fantasies.

Look at his space book page. He show pics of a bunch of hot chicks. Look at his photo. I rest my case!

He won the Australian Open!. Funny he picked a location that is on the other side of the globe. Do he think that people on the internet can't check. I went on google and they have all of the tournament brackets listed and his name does not appear.

http://www.absc.com.au/welcome.shtml

They play snooker and billiards downunder not pool.

I will pray for this loser and waste of space.

Rick G
told me he just got back from china where he finished 99th :rolleyes:
he sure gets around for someone that's disabled, as he told me