Kamui Glove

Kaiser Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you have any photos of the Molinari Glove?
Thanks,
JoeyA

gloves.png

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it took me a while to get used to the fingertip-less Kamui glove, but I like it now. Before that, IBS and Felice gloves were my favorite. A few years back I came across a Falcon glove, which I really liked, but can't find it anymore. What makes the difference to me with gloves is the material and how much feel I lose with the cue going through my fingers. With the sureshot, action, and some other brands, I really didn't like how they felt.

what I find intriguing also, is that molinari is made by predator and the molinari gloves are almost exactly the same as the Kamui.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a rebranded molinari glove.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

That's exactly what it is. Lol i felt that way the moment I saw it at the expo. They also both come to you in the same box. Hmmmm lol I would almost guarantee that the same Chinese factory making mollinari is making this. Mollinari is the best glove I've ever used.

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
Now, Kamuii has put their name on it. It's ok. But if you want to try a really awesome glove try the new Longoni Sultan Billiard Glove! Now that's an awesome glove. or even the old Longoni Black Fire Glove beats the new Kamuii Glove. They let your hand breath more and are not as flimsy. Looking forward to the new Tiger Glove. Unlike companies like OB, Predator and Kamuii, Tiger Products out of Burbank, Califonia always comes out with the most original and best products. Not lifted from other companies! Have you seen these new OB Plus Shafts? They are Tiger Shafts! Only they don't play as well. MHO.

The Tiger Shaft has developed the 'Tiger X' technology, designed to produce 'radial consistency in the hit of the cue. The natural grain of each strip of wood is carefully placed to face each apex of the other, which reveals a solid 'x' grain throughout its length. Actually a simple construction that was realized by Tiger Products after some lengthy testing and development.

See Here!

In fact, the X2 Cues take the same tech and engineer it to the actual exterior design of the whole cue. This forces the natural aesthetics of the cue to look the way they do. Like 'tetris blocks' instead of points.

Love it!

Last edited:

ExclusiveTSX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will this glove work with a closed bridge? It looks from the pics like the fingers have some grippy material on them similar to the palm..

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Will this glove work with a closed bridge? It looks from the pics like the fingers have some grippy material on them similar to the palm..

Yes it works; I use a closed bridge 99% of the time. The finger material is very "slippery". The only "grip" is the leather palm piece.

I prefer open fingertips because I usually use a tripod closed bridge and I want my fingertips firmly on the table cloth. It seems like my fingertips could slide/move if there was material between them and the cloth.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
You index finger does not touch the table when you use a closed bridge, so what is the use of having the tip cut off of the index finger?
JoeyA

Yes it works; I use a closed bridge 99% of the time. The finger material is very "slippery". The only "grip" is the leather palm piece.

I prefer open fingertips because I usually use a tripod closed bridge and I want my fingertips firmly on the table cloth. It seems like my fingertips could slide/move if there was material between them and the cloth.

JoeyA

Silver Member
I genuinely believe that someone should make a glove that is designed PRIMARILY for a looped/closed bridge and that would be one which does not have the tip removed from the thumb or index finger.

If someone doesn't hurry up and make one, I am going to call China and have one made, then everyone will be missing out on that massive target audience of glove users who use a looped/closed bridge. :wink:

I like the idea of having the tip of the glove for the middle finger removed because it can add some "traction" to the bridge. The absence of any glove on the ring finger and pinky finger is fine like most gloves have them designed. I still don't know about the palm thing with the Kamui but should find out soon enough as it is on the way to me now.

JoeyA

you so right JoeyA

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I genuinely believe that someone should make a glove that is designed PRIMARILY for a looped/closed bridge and that would be one which does not have the tip removed from the thumb or index finger.

If someone doesn't hurry up and make one, I am going to call China and have one made, then everyone will be missing out on that massive target audience of glove users who use a looped/closed bridge. :wink:

I like the idea of having the tip of the glove for the middle finger removed because it can add some "traction" to the bridge. The absence of any glove on the ring finger and pinky finger is fine like most gloves have them designed. I still don't know about the palm thing with the Kamui but should find out soon enough as it is on the way to me now.

JoeyA

http://shop-flannel.jp/

best of luck with that, the site is in Japanese. If you find a way to order these gloves, let me know, as I'm interested in them as well.

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased a pair last week, coming in the mail sometime this week. My main reason for purchasing the glove is because they support left handed players! They also look great, stylish and definitely will catch some attention. I can't say for the quality just yet as I haven't received it yet but it looks like it's been well made with the bottom grip and all.
Forgot follow up, I received the glove about a week ago and I'm simply in love with it. I love the design that Kamui put in to it. As a left handed player, it was difficult finding a glove (a good one anyway) for myself and I couldn't have been happier. The leather padding on the palm feels comfortable. In terms of the actual glove itself, the top portion feels like a spandex material similar to under armour and the bottom portion is a very thin mesh material, similar to the ones you see on running shoes. No issues using closed or rail bridges either. I will upload high quality photos later on.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You index finger does not touch the table when you use a closed bridge, so what is the use of having the tip cut off of the index finger?
JoeyA

Ever try to pick your nose with a glove?

The other hand you need to keep clean to shake hands after your match, so clearly it's to help with finger to snot fiction.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
JoeyA

You're correct, I care more about the middle finger being open to the cloth.

Regarding the thumb and index finger, I guess it's just a holdover from my winter sports days when I always wore open finger glove liners. You guys south of the Mason-Dixon line wouldn't understand. :D

But seriously, the exposed area of the index finger is about 1/4". I'd have to be "stabbing" my index finger into the shaft for my skin to touch wood.

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
That is very unique looking. I just hope the end index finger digit isn't exposed to the shaft when using a loop bridge. I think it looks pretty cool but I am more interested in performance.

Thanks for posting the detailed photo.
JoeyA

I was watching some videos of Shane recently (I think they were last years Mosconi Cup) where he was using a finger-tip-less glove. They had several close-ups of Shane's closed bridge while he was shooting and I was amazed to see that with his bridge, the cue never touched bare skin. Not sure if that alleviates any concern you have, but thought I'd just mention it. ;)

JoeyA

Silver Member
http://shop-flannel.jp/

best of luck with that, the site is in Japanese. If you find a way to order these gloves, let me know, as I'm interested in them as well.

They are $14 each and I like the tip on the Index finger. Maybe when one of my pool buddies is going to the Japan Open I will get them to pick me up a pair. It might be a while before that happens or it might never happen. If you see me posting in this thread about the Owl Glove, let me know. The only thing I am concerned about is the size of that glove.

JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member
You're correct, I care more about the middle finger being open to the cloth.

Regarding the thumb and index finger, I guess it's just a holdover from my winter sports days when I always wore open finger glove liners. You guys south of the Mason-Dixon line wouldn't understand. :D

But seriously, the exposed area of the index finger is about 1/4". I'd have to be "stabbing" my index finger into the shaft for my skin to touch wood.

My Kamui glove came in and it is very nice. It may be a tiny bit too small for my hand and I am concerned about the Velcro strap pulling on the glove too hard when I loosen it. We'll see if it holds up. Works great.

Thanks for talking about the gloves. I'm always looking for "better" equipment. The Owl Glove from Japan has a tip on the thumb and index finger but not the middle finger btw.

JoeyA