Simoniz Question

billy-ks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a question that maybe Glenn can answer. I personally have never heard of such a thing but here goes. A person called me today and asked me if I would come and restreach his 860hr cloth. He had a guy from up in Madison Wisconsin recover is Diamond 9' table 6 months ago. The cloth is starting to come loose and the guy that installed it told him that it was common and usually always had to be restreached after about 6 months. I have never had to do this and think it's just an excuse for a poor job to start with. Has anyone else ever heard of such a thing.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I have a question that maybe Glenn can answer. I personally have never heard of such a thing but here goes. A person called me today and asked me if I would come and restreach his 860hr cloth. He had a guy from up in Madison Wisconsin recover is Diamond 9' table 6 months ago. The cloth is starting to come loose and the guy that installed it told him that it was common and usually always had to be restreached after about 6 months. I have never had to do this and think it's just an excuse for a poor job to start with. Has anyone else ever heard of such a thing.

Sounds exactly like you are saying: A poor job to start with.
If installed correctly it will not loosen.
Just my $0.02

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I call bullshit!!

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
I have heard that a lot.. Always from guys that don't know any better.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does the title, "Simoniz Question," have to do with this? :)

I agree, though, as someone who's not a table installer, or even much of a pool expert; it just sounds like a lot of B.S. to me. Who ever heard of an installer having to come back and re-tighten the cloth?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
What does the title, "Simoniz Question," have to do with this? :)

I agree, though, as someone who's not a table installer, or even much of a pool expert; it just sounds like a lot of B.S. to me. Who ever heard of an installer having to come back and re-tighten the cloth?

As much as it is bull$h!t, it actually is VERY VERY common. BINGO You not being an installer or mechanic means you would not know how common it is. Just adding your $0.02 for no reason?? Yeah, that is what I was thinking.

Trent from Toledo

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As much as it is bull$h!t, it actually is VERY VERY common. BINGO You not being an installer or mechanic means you would not know how common it is. Just adding your $0.02 for no reason?? Yeah, that is what I was thinking.

Trent from Toledo

Way to keep it classy, Trent!

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Trent from Toledo

So, how many times have you had to go back and re-tighten cloth on a job you did?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
So, how many times have you had to go back and re-tighten cloth on a job you did?

You keep talking for no reason. You are not an installer or mechanic. The forum is called "Talk To a Mechanic" , not "I Am Not A Mechanic, but, I will Respond Anyways" !!!

Job, yes I have one, I am working today. You might want to think about getting one. :thumbup:

Classy as I wanna be :)

Trent from Toledo

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I am not a table mechanic but I did install Simonis 860 on my Gold Crown about 5 years ago, I simply followed the instructional video that Glenn, ie; RealKingCobra produced and I never had to go back and re stretch my cloth as weird as that may sound.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I am not a table mechanic but I did install Simonis 860 on my Gold Crown about 5 years ago, I simply followed the instructional video that Glenn, ie; RealKingCobra produced and I never had to go back and re stretch my cloth as weird as that may sound.

You did a better job than MOST guys who say they know how to install it! Hat's off to you sir!

Trent from Toledo