If a Billiard Supply site were scamming customers, they would be shut down, right?

I was searching Google for the Schon CX-03 model, to see how much it retails for, and most sites list its retail for over a $1,000, but this site below lists the same cue for just a little over $600.

http://www.pool-tables-cues.com/categories/Pool-Cues/120/1

So, I searched some of the other cues on their site, and the prices they are offering are really unbelievably low.

So, I am just wondering if anyone here has done any business with that site?

Thanks.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I would never do business with on-line folks who do not exhibit their physical address and phone number. Stick with known sites.

Rule Number One: If it's too good to be true . . .

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would never do business with on-line folks who do not exhibit their physical address and phone number. Stick with known sites.

Rule Number One: If it's too good to be true . . .

If you look at their disclaimer, you arrive at a different company, and over there you arrive at:

Contact Us
P: 337-205-7648

E: sales@massageking.com

110 Brush Rd
Broussard, Louisiana 70518

Robert.Beak

Registered
I do not advise you to cooperate with them, no address, no license, nothing
cyber police cannot immediately close all questionable sites
there is a chance that you will buy, in the end, you will spend 2 times more money
try to find it from private hands, maybe someone is selling theirs, I bought a lot of things, a person buys, then there is simply no time and desire to use it and he sells

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks very suspicious to me.

Looks like a site rip of and older distributors catalog. The site doesn't have any of the newer products listed on it and includes things that have been discontinued for a long time.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Good catch, Bob. I usually do not look beyond the "Contact" page for addresses and phone numbers. There is also another company in the "Sales Policy" fine print -- LLFitness, 3827 West Pinhook Rd., Broussard, LA 70518 337-837-4348, is the payee for checks. Under "Purchase of Items": ''This web store, owned by LLFitness Inc, dba aSmarterBuy.com . . ."

The attention to detail is breathtaking. PoolFool is appropriately named. So, should we walk away or run?

A possible alternative might be to feel sorry for PoolFool. Just do not mix your money up in such a response.

Last edited:

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
110 Brush Rd. in Broussard, LA is about 10 miles from me. It's in a heavily commercial area, lots of small manufacturing buildings, mostly related to the "oil patch". The business looks like it's next to a junk yard of some type. I know every pool related business within 50 miles and I never heard of them.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
"manufactured tables" there a few years ago I believe

Could be mistaken after this long but it seems like they claimed to manufacture tables there a few years or so ago. Things got real flaky when I was coming look at them and pick one up if I liked how they were made.

Note these folks are selling massage oil and cremes,(sp) and exercise equipment. Pretty much anything else somebody wants. In some of their paperwork they acknowledge being a drop shipper, other things they supposedly have in stock or manufacture.

For a real chuckle, check out their Bill of Sale. They couldn't even edit their lifted Bill of Sale properly. :D

These people will probably sell you anything you want to buy, whether they have it or not!

Hu

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
All their Schon cues are Cuestix line. Cuestix drop ships their product for their dealers, including respectable, trusted names. Schon CX-03 has been out of production for a very long time.

These guys do not use secure hypertext transfer protocol.

Good luck.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
OP asked: "If a Billiard Supply site were scamming customers, they would be shut down, right?"

Wells Fargo Bank outright scammed millions of its customers by creating fraudulent accounts in their names without their permission. They're still in business somehow (they'll never get a dime of my biz ever).

So, can a billiard supply biz scam and still be in business? I don't see why not.

ftr, I don't know anything about the particular business being discussed in this thread so I have no opinion on whether or not they are honest.

best,
brian kc

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
If you look at their disclaimer, you arrive at a different company, and over there you arrive at:

sales @ massageking.com

110 Brush Rd
Broussard, Louisiana 70518

Hey, who doesn't get a little stiff and sore after a three day tournament? Totally pool related.

Attachments

• 110 Brush Road.jpg
    110 Brush Road.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 346