Mark Gregory Ruined my table!!!

RAMIII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sent Mark my Centennial rails to clean up and apply his new finish. And look what he returned to me! I sent him rails for a pool table and he returned pieces of art. My wife won't even let me play on the table because it's so beautiful. So thanks a lot Mark! :smile: In all seriousness Mark's new finish is outstanding and really draws out the color and grain in the wood. So Dean here are the pictures you've ironically been requesting.
20160307_131706_RichtoneHDR_zpsdywbo6js.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20160307_131539_RichtoneHDR_zpsmwhce68j.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20160307_131637_RichtoneHDR_zps9elvqoay.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful table. Nice thick quality finish Mark used shows well. Should be very durable. Rack em'.

Have a good day

-Kat,

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Just send it back to Dean. He will have it scratched up and useable in no time!

Larry

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
The Centennial was introduced a little before my time. Those in rooms when I first came up were already well worn. Can any of you old farts that go back that far tell me in all honesty, did they look this good brand new from the factory?

Superb craftsmanship, MG. ;)

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks beautiful. I hope people actually open your message and read it so they do not look at just the title and think bad thoughts about this Gregory fellow. That would be unfortunate.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The finish is so good looking
The table is perfect
The fireplace is also beautiful,nice setting for the table

as far the remarks by Larry and King Cobra
My tender feelings are hurt
In Larry's case a new cue would help

As far as the Cobra goes ,I will need some special work done soon

Then I will be OK for a while

Last edited:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a sight to behold..... I'm 73 & when I was kid that is the table I saw everytime I entered the doors of the Centennial Social Club in Arlington, TX

What a wash of memories, that picture brings back.

But.. but.. but.. that's a Pool Table... we played Snooker back then on the same style table.

Last edited:

Jerry Forsyth

Mark redid my Anniversary a few years ago and it still shines like a new diamond and plays fantastic. I heartily recommend his work.

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Centennial was introduced a little before my time. Those in rooms when I first came up were already well worn. Can any of you old farts that go back that far tell me in all honesty, did they look this good brand new from the factory?

Superb craftsmanship, MG. ;)

Astounding work, but in reality overly restored. My mint original Anniversary has a standard "Formica" finish and the metal trim is nowhere near as sparkling as some do them. This is how they came in the 60's. I was there the very first day that Shaw Lanes in E. Cleveland opened. They had c. 12 brand new Anniversary tables, and I can assure you none looked this museum-like.

Not a criticism, just an observation. Just like in classic cars, a true "restoration" brings the car back to the condition in which it rolled off the carryall. Some prefer to go over the top and over restore so that under-hood looks way more shiny and perfect than what the original ever was. Just a matter of preference, I guess, but to me, a restoration is just that; making it like when it left the factory.

Last edited: