Curious ... 8-Foot Diamonds

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
How many room owners have an 8-Foot Diamond? Blue or Red Label, doesn't matter.

Banks

Banned
I plan on getting a few 8' soon.. if i ever get a response. Where they'll be going, there are not even 7' diamonds around. That way, if anyone else tries to follow suit and upgrade, that place will still have an edge.

NoStrokeAtAll

Registered
8' tables

I managed a poolroom in central Florida. We had 8 - 8' tables. Only two were Diamonds. These were the only 8' tables in the area as far as I know. The general playing public didn't care 8' from 9'. They only wanted to play on a "regulation" table. Unless space is a problem, why bother? Just put in 7 foot tables as these are what the majority of the league players will be playing on if they advance.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I managed a poolroom in central Florida. We had 8 - 8' tables. Only two were Diamonds. These were the only 8' tables in the area as far as I know. The general playing public didn't care 8' from 9'. They only wanted to play on a "regulation" table. Unless space is a problem, why bother? Just put in 7 foot tables as these are what the majority of the league players will be playing on if they advance.

He already has 7ft Diamonds. Huge upgrade from Valley's not too long ago.

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
I previously had 12 7-foot and 2 8-foot Valleys. I now have 13 7-foot and one 8-foot Diamonds. I had a guy drive up from Birmingham area just to play on an 8-foot Diamond which got me thinking about how many 8-foot commercial Diamonds are out there.

BTW, the 8-foot is a challenge table by the bar where the happy hour crowd congregates. I thought about a 9-foot but I'm tight with ~4,000 sqft of table and seating area.

maximillion

justa strokin!
Silver Member
A place in Russelville Ar, Beezers, has 10+ 8 ft diamonds with loose league cut pockets. It makes it fun for the younger players. No alcohol sales and the place gets pretty good business. One 9ft with shimmed pockets for the more serious players.

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
A place in Russelville Ar, Beezers, has 10+ 8 ft diamonds with loose league cut pockets. It makes it fun for the younger players. No alcohol sales and the place gets pretty good business. One 9ft with shimmed pockets for the more serious players.

When I traveled for my day job I found a place in Fort Smith, Arkansas that had, I think, about six 8-foot tables a 10-foot Snooker. No alcohol just vending machines. Lots of families and every table was being used. Brought a smile to my face!

taylor9ball

Registered
Party Palace in Butte Mont.

The Party Palace in Butte, Mont. has at least eight 8-foot Diamond tables. They are open and free for play at all times. It's a fun, and sometimes a little crazy, atmosphere. But they run a lot of tournaments there and draw a lot of players.

Qaddiction

User name says it all...
Silver Member
There are several 8' Diamonds in a few different locations in Champaign, Illinois.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member

That's Beezer's Fine Billiards in Russellville, Arkansas, and they actually have 12 Diamond 8'ers as you described.

Also, 1 triple-shimmed 9' Connolly and 1 old, 9' snooker table.

Very nice pool room. I'm there from time to time.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless you don't have room for 7' and 9' tables, 8 footers just suck. Every time I travel to Dallas most of the big tables are 8'. Everyone jumps on the four 9 footers and the 8 foot side looks like a ghost town.

Doodlesbilliard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8 Foots are good

We have a room near Savannah Georgia. Currently 16 of our 30 tables are Diamond 8 Foot Blue labels. Diamond 8's are slightly oversized. I believe they are 92 X 46 on the playing services. Ours are pro cut pockets. The tables are very challenging for our middle of the road players. We keep 3 nine footers for the gamblers. However, I will report that there is way more gambling on the 8 footers than the nines. Lower skilled players will bet it up on a smaller table. Bar tables are important too regarding the league players. If anyone is looking for Diamond 8 Footers we have them in stock ready to go in the southeast as we are the regional distributor for Diamond Billiard Products.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
We have a room near Savannah Georgia. Currently 16 of our 30 tables are Diamond 8 Foot Blue labels. Diamond 8's are slightly oversized. I believe they are 92 X 46 on the playing services. Ours are pro cut pockets. The tables are very challenging for our middle of the road players. We keep 3 nine footers for the gamblers. However, I will report that there is way more gambling on the 8 footers than the nines. Lower skilled players will bet it up on a smaller table. Bar tables are important too regarding the league players. If anyone is looking for Diamond 8 Footers we have them in stock ready to go in the southeast as we are the regional distributor for Diamond Billiard Products.

True 8 fts are 44x88. Diamond used to make an Oversized 8ft that was 46x92 but opted to build the middle size at 45x90.

Ray

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Unless you don't have room for 7' and 9' tables, 8 footers just suck. Every time I travel to Dallas most of the big tables are 8'. Everyone jumps on the four 9 footers and the 8 foot side looks like a ghost town.

It's because the 8fts in Dallas suck. Poorly maintained, not Diamonds.

Ray

Scottp3737

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8' Diamonds for sale

If anyone is interested, I have 5-8' Diamond red labels for sale and 1- Diamond 9' Blue label for sale. All in great condition......$9,000 takes them all!!!! They are currently in storage in Houston. 504-491-8767