For Sale: Paul Dayton Custom Cue

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
A man that refuses to accept PP payment as goods and services is obviously up to no good. Or cue is not as described in the post, which is more likely.
In advance, my post has NOTHING to do with this thread or anyone in it but I almost started a thread with this topic. This is the exact reason I will never buy anything from someone who asks for the money to be sent friends / family. Price accordingly and pay the fees...it aint tough :thumbup:

DASHZNT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
In advance, my post has NOTHING to do with this thread or anyone in it but I almost started a thread with this topic. This is the exact reason I will never buy anything from someone who asks for the money to be sent friends / family. Price accordingly and pay the fees...it aint tough :thumbup:

The money was sent by someone else and it was asked that the item be shipped to someone else. Clearly that puts me as the seller at risk. It has nothing to do with the integrity of me or the item. These two are throwing their weight around to make me look bad.

If you’re serious about what you wrote in your post than you would totally not put yourself at risk to sell in this manner either. If you do, then that clearly contradicts everything your previous post stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
The money was sent by someone else and it was asked that the item be shipped to someone else. Clearly that puts me as the seller at risk. It has nothing to do with the integrity of me or the item. These two are throwing their weight around to make me look bad.

If you’re serious about what you wrote in your post than you would totally not put yourself at risk to sell in this manner either. If you do, then that clearly contradicts everything your previous post stated.

Throw weights around to make you look bad? Do not flatter yourself :grin:
You knew how you were getting paid. And if you got payment as friends and family you would be ok to get paid from CA and ship cue to MA? But if payment came in as goods and services you are concerned about safety all of a sudden. WHO ARE YOU KIDDING?

Last edited:

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
interesting thread

original buyers are rock solid, and no reason to ever pay by friends and family. Is against paypal policy, and unless it is a actual friend or family member why would you. To save 2.9%, seems pretty silly.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0

I dont mean any of this to be directed to this thread or anyone in it. Im basically agreeing and stating people should pay for goods and services and people should not ask for payments to be made via friends or family. It keeps all parties honest but also safe.

Quick story to sum up what I mean. I sold a cue to someone in CA and while I was on the phone with her she said ok ill send the money now via friends and family. I said no send it regular and ill cover the fees. If I get in an accident on the way to mail the cue its far less of a headache getting a refund...for one

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread the PayPal thing sparked my memory

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Just to clarify, my friend Michael aka KotBigomot here doesn'g have paypal and he asked me to pay you as paypal merchandise for you to send the cue to him. I understand your point I'm from CA and he's in Boston and you don't want to ship to verified address, but between me and michael with close to 300 itraders, we don't play games with you. Anyways, goodluck on the sale.

Hey Kirby,

The seller is a good guy.
I sold him a cue and we had many many pm's, texts, and phone conversations before he agreed to send money.
I respected Nathan for being cautious and asking questions. The way he approached the deal told me he was all about business and a serious buyer. Not some f'n jack off waisting my time..

I've been on here since 2006 and have done a lot of deals here including pre itrader deals. Nobody owes anybody any sort of courtesy when it comes to sending money ( we are only as good as our last deal).

As you know if he accepted your money and shipped to a non verified PayPal address he would be exposed. There's no F'N way anybody should use PayPal and not be able to take advantage of all the backstops in place to protect both buyer and seller.

Last edited:

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
interesting thread

original buyers are rock solid, and no reason to ever pay by friends and family. Is against paypal policy, and unless it is a actual friend or family member why would you. To save 2.9%, seems pretty silly.

Theres also no reason for the seller to accept funds and ship a cue to a non verified PayPal shipping address. The reason we use PayPal is for protection. The seller would have zero recourse if went forward with the deal.

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Throw weights around to make you look bad? Do not flatter yourself :grin:
You knew how you were getting paid. And if you got payment as friends and family you would be ok to get paid from CA and ship cue to MA? But if payment came in as goods and services you are concerned about safety all of a sudden. WHO ARE YOU KIDDING?

I know Nathan and he's not a crook. He's actually very sharp.
I would of done the same thing..
I don't care who you are.
Nathan realized he would have zero protection shipping to a non verified PayPal address. Good on him for realizing he would lose all benefits from PayPal.

I would suggest you get a PayPal account so this doesn't happen in the future, or send postal money orders.
Don't hate on a guy because he got smart.

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Dale, he was not smart. If he was, he would inform me right away about that. I will say it again - he knew how he was getting paid and he was fine with it up until he actually got paid. He knew where I was located and he knew upfront that Kirby was going to pay him.
And if he got payment as friends and family that would make it ok and safe to ship cue to unconfirmed address? Really?
To you reputation means nothing(per your comment) and that explains a lot.
But to others reputation is everything. But obviously you would not understand.
Thanks for your input.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Dale, he was not smart. If he was, he would inform me right away about that. I will say it again - he knew how he was getting paid and he was fine with it up until he actually got paid. He knew where I was located and he knew upfront that Kirby was going to pay him.
And if he got payment as friends and family that would make it ok and safe to ship cue to unconfirmed address? Really?
To you reputation means nothing(per your comment) and that explains a lot.
But to others reputation is everything. But obviously you would not understand.
Thanks for your input.

I don't give a flying f()@& about reputation. Reputation can be skewed..

I care about doing good business!
Everything takes care of itself if you do good business. Doing good business can't be manipulated, but a reputation can.

He changed his mind and refunded the money because he realized he would have no protection shipping to a non verified PayPal address. I WOULD OF DONE THE SAME THING!

Drop it, it's over.

If you want the cue send him a money order, have Kirby send payment by F&F, or get a PayPal account and send him a payment by g&s so your both protected.

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Theres also no reason for the seller to accept funds and ship a cue to a non verified PayPal shipping address. The reason we use PayPal is for protection. The seller would have zero recourse if went forward with the deal.

But seller would have no problems to ship a cue to non verified address if funds came in as friends and family. Funny.

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I don't give a flying f()@& about reputation. Reputation can be skewed..

I care about doing good business!
Everything takes care of itself if you do good business. Doing good business can't be manipulated, but a reputation can.

He changed his mind and refunded the money because he realized he would have no protection shipping to a non verified PayPal address. I WOULD OF DONE THE SAME THING!

Drop it, it's over.

If you want the cue send him a money order, have Kirby send payment by F&F, or get a PayPal account and send him a payment by g&s so your both protected.
Yep, I can confirm that you do not care about reputation.
So far, nobody on here can say that they had bad business from me.
Yes, he did refund. But, the way he worded his action is just typical douche move.
Here is his reply:
Thanks Chopdoc... I had a buyer, they played games and it didn’t work out obviously.. It’s back available... Lemme know if you have someone for this...
Played games? If you think it is ok then I have nothing more to say to you.

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Yep, I can confirm that you do not care about reputation.
So far, nobody on here can say that they had bad business from me.
Yes, he did refund. But, the way he worded his action is just typical douche move.
Here is his reply:
Thanks Chopdoc... I had a buyer, they played games and it didn’t work out obviously.. It’s back available... Lemme know if you have someone for this...
Played games? If you think it is ok then I have nothing more to say to you.

You have every right to not deal with the guy in the future. You have every right to not send money by F&F. Everybody including Nathan has choices here.

He changed his mind on this deal for good reason.
Like yourself or anybody else doing a cue deal we want to limit our exposure.
Nathan realized he had zero backing from PayPal if something went wrong.
I'll say it again I would of done the same thing..

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
But seller would have no problems to ship a cue to non verified address if funds came in as friends and family. Funny.

Kot, I don't have a horse in this race, but how long would it actually take to set up a PayPal account? I have had one for years, and setting it up wasn't rocket science.

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
You have every right to not deal with the guy in the future. You have every right to not send money by F&F. Everybody including Nathan has choices here.

He changed his mind on this deal for good reason.
Like yourself or anybody else doing a cue deal we want to limit our exposure.
Nathan realized he had zero backing from PayPal if something went wrong.
I'll say it again I would of done the same thing..

Dale, you are refusing to see my point.
If he did not run his mouth, we would be fine. But he had to comment - I had a buyer, they played games and it didn’t work out obviously.. It’s back available
I can tolerate a lot but, someone who is talking sh1t in public, I will never tolerate.
He made it sound like we tried to scam him and he caught us red handed. Who the F**K does he think he is???

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Dale, you are refusing to see my point.
If he did not run his mouth, we would be fine. But he had to comment - I had a buyer, they played games and it didn’t work out obviously.. It’s back available
I can tolerate a lot but, someone who is talking sh1t in public, I will never tolerate.
He made it sound like we tried to scam him and he caught us red handed. Who the F**K does he think he is???

I have no horse in this race except keeping it real on AZB.

Paypal has rules. There is absolutely nothing wrong with not violating them. Shipping to an unverified address is asking for trouble. An itrader score here does nothing to change that. Now, there is another rule being violated. Trashing a sale on AZB.

If there are to be special arrangements it needs to be discussed up front and very specifically. Anything else is playing games. No, an itrader score here does not pardon that. Several of us know one or two scammers with high itrader scores.

The seller has done nothing even marginally wrong. Not even the slightest insult.

Perhaps the mods can deal with this please?

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
If there are to be special arrangements it needs to be discussed up front and very specifically. Anything else is playing games.
Precisely my point.
Arrangements WERE CLEARLY STATED UPFRONT. And seller was fine with it. Refusing the deal that was clearly laid out before payment I consider playing games. And that would be seller.
Now, where am I trashing for sale post?
If anything, seller is trying to talk sh1t. When in reality seller owes an apology.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Precisely my point.
Arrangements WERE CLEARLY STATED UPFRONT. And seller was fine with it.

It needs to be clear to both parties. Assuming you were clear was obviously a mistake.

Having read and reviewed thoroughly, the conclusion is I am correct in my observations, especially due to the limp-wristed red reputation I got over it.

That clearly demonstrates the character of the person. :)

The OP never mentioned who the buyer was. Not once. Nobody would have known except the parties involved. But the "alarm" just had to be sounded publicly because someone felt insulted...pretty weak really.

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Hahaha! Thanks for YOUR opinion.
On my end, I see that red rep is well deserved.
Have a great day Sir ;-)

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
It needs to be clear to both parties. Assuming you were clear was obviously a mistake.

If I said that OP was fine with it, how can it not be clear??? I can post our PMs where I disclose details of the deal and OP agrees to it.
So, still insisting that it was not clear? Talk about weak....