DigiCue improvements

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DigiCue improvements:

In addition to combing through the other threads, what outstanding improvements do you recommend/demand for the next generation of DigiCue products?

Nekdo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have both Digicues (old and blue)
The connection between the phone (I use the latest android on Samsung S9+) could be better. I keep losing the concetion and than have to switch off BT, exit the app, switch on the BT etc. With the old version I didn`t have this problems. It`s annoying to say the least.

I mind the added weight. Why the housing (rubber) has to be that big? If it was half the size, it wouldn`t fell off the butt of the cue. It would save some weight and material costs. Plus it would be easier to take it off the cue. Sometimes I am afraid I will tear the rubber housing when taking it off.

I don`t know if it`s technically possible but it would be great if it showed where the CB was hit (center, left, right etc).

Good product. It`s a shame OB went down and it won`t evolve in to a really great product.

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me...the biggest reason I haven't purchased one, is the added weight. If you could get that down to maybe a .5 an ounce, I think I would get one.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have both Digicues (old and blue)
The connection between the phone (I use the latest android on Samsung S9+) could be better. I keep losing the concetion and than have to switch off BT, exit the app, switch on the BT etc. With the old version I didn`t have this problems. It`s annoying to say the least.

I mind the added weight. Why the housing (rubber) has to be that big? If it was half the size, it wouldn`t fell off the butt of the cue. It would save some weight and material costs. Plus it would be easier to take it off the cue. Sometimes I am afraid I will tear the rubber housing when taking it off.

I don`t know if it`s technically possible but it would be great if it showed where the CB was hit (center, left, right etc).

Good product. It`s a shame OB went down and it won`t evolve in to a really great product.

I don't want to speak for nataddrho, but I am sure he wouldn't be asking if he didn't have plans for some type of new version, or something interesting in the works, and he said something to the effect of "stay tuned" after the sad news about OB.

Also, from what I have seen, seems a super standup guy.

Nekdo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am sure he is a super guy. But the product was OB's. Even if Nathan comes with something "super cool", I highly doubt that it would be an upgrade to an existing product. It would probably be a new product and current DC blue owners would not benefit from it. It would probably cost 200+ and this was already an issue from the old to the blue version.
Offcourse the market will tell if it's willing to pay the price. I with Nathan all the best!

Br

Poslano z mojega SM-G965F z uporabo Tapatalk

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DigiCue improvements:

In addition to combing through the other threads, what outstanding improvements do you recommend/demand for the next generation of DigiCue products?

We have spoken about this before but I will say it again. It would be nice to have a straightness indicator as far as which direction. Like 9 up or 7 down. Same idea as left or right for tip steer.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DigiCue improvements:

I suggested this before, I would like a "game" mode where you can setup several players in the software, then have them take shots, and compare the scores to see who got the best one.

When I had the demo unit for a few days and had some players try it, this is pretty much what we ended up doing, we were taking several shots and trying to out-do each other in the results.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Real time wireless interface with a tablet or phone that captures the information after every shot is taken
and gets displayed through a flat screen tv interface with your phone or tablet so that the player & others
can see what is taking place right away without having to do anything but simply view the tv screen or monitor.

Matt B.

Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Real time wireless interface with a tablet or phone that displays the information after every shot is taken
and gets displayed relying using flat screen tv interface with your phone or tablet so that the player & others
can see what is taking place right away without having to do anything but simply look at the tv screen or monitor.

Matt B.

The current version does this, unless there's something I'm not understanding about what you want.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
*Break mode / Actual speed measurement mode. Should be able to calculate this from the pause through contact, no?
*Graphical illustration of where tip hit [we have this numerically, but it doesn't indicate relative location, especially for straightness
*Wrist twist indicator

Thanks!

-td

sgonzalez34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be great if the shooter can somehow correlate the data to a pocketed ball or a miss. I often found that I had a near flawless stroke on a missed shot and vice versa. Obviously, this would require the player to report it to the device. Analyzing the data would be a little more meaningful in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
It would be great if the shooter can somehow correlate the data to a pocketed ball or a miss. I often found that I had a near flawless stroke on a missed shot and vice versa. Obviously, this would require the player to report it to the device. Analyzing the data would be a little more meaningful in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It would be great if you could overlay the data with a video session. For example, if the app could access the camera, then you could mount it up and every shot could display the digicue metrics in the [corner of] the video.

Actually, this would really be a cool feature. Add a video capture feature that automatically populated digi-data.

-td

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to see a break speed option added to it, but I'm not sure if that would require a built in mic. I have both versions and my main complaint is the housing is kind of clunky. I still use it on occasion but I would love a lighter housing although I know it needs to be able to secure enough to not move. Personally I would rather have something I could attach with a rubber band type of fixture so it could go on the butt or shaft, although the housing was nice for some of my bumperless cues when shooting on concrete.

LGSM3

Jake<built cues for fun
Silver Member
I am sure he is a super guy. But the product was OB's. Even if Nathan comes with something "super cool", I highly doubt that it would be an upgrade to an existing product. It would probably be a new product and current DC blue owners would not benefit from it. It would probably cost 200+ and this was already an issue from the old to the blue version.
Offcourse the market will tell if it's willing to pay the price. I with Nathan all the best!

Br

The OP is the innovator / inventor of the digicue and OB cues was the outlet HE chose to get it to market. Just thought you should know before you go being "sure" about to much else.

Nekdo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The OP is the innovator / inventor of the digicue and OB cues was the outlet HE chose to get it to market. Just thought you should know before you go being "sure" about to much else.
Great! Even better for Nathan :)

Pocket Speed

Lots of good suggestions here. I will add my vote to a lighter/smaller/less clunky housing. Right now I remove my bumper and use the digicue to keep my cue weight close to the same, but the unit DEFINITELY affects the weight balance of the cue.

A more robust communication layer could be helpful as well. There are several instances where the phone does not get ALL of the parameters from a particular shot. In a given short session I might have 50 measurements of Follow Through and Jab, but only 48 of Tip steer and maybe 45 straightness measurements.

I'd also like to see a way to offload the data from the phone to a computer. Something like enabling file sharing in iOS. Or, allow direct communication to any BT-enabled computer without having to try getting a specific external dongle to work.

Looking forward to what you might have in store!