Stroke error

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I am struggling with my stroke. I am trying a modified open/closed bridge coupled with a snug yet loose grip. Will a layered tip will enhance my cue delivery?

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Did you try swallowing some packing tape?

No, just duct tape and medical wrap so far. Also tried shooting with a three year old Tibetan child in a papoose strapped to my back. I can certainly recommend the mask though.

Attachments

• pool weights.JPG
    pool weights.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 435
  • pool mask.JPG
    pool mask.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 435
  • wrapped hand.JPG
    wrapped hand.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 428

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Will a layered tip will enhance my cue delivery?

NO did someone tell you that if so they are selling snake oil. Many moons ago AZHousePro ran a multi stop Pool Event in AZ. It was a Pro level event. It was 14/1, 1 Pocket, 8, 9, 10 Ball on both Bar Boxes, and 4.5 X 9.0's.

Guy who kept winning overall for several years played with Low Dollar McDermott Merry Widow, Tip was LePro.

Point is DH's skill won won won, and kept winning, not the guys Cue or Tip. If you do not believe, Howie as I call him will verify.:). PM AZHousePro.

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am struggling with my stroke. I am trying a modified open/closed bridge coupled with a snug yet loose grip. Will a layered tip will enhance my cue delivery?

Short answer is yes. The key is to leave it unchalked and use extreme English on every shot.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Randy offered to help
he is a legendary teacher down in Texas

I have seen people that learned to play better after seeing him
People used to travel from afar to see him

i personally didn't take lessons because I don't like to practice,

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does the layered tip have a pad? If yes, then it's not your stroke but if no pad then it's a stroking issue.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most people do not understand that only a few microns difference in the thickness of socks worn during play, can cause whats known in the medical field as a paradox imbalance of the amygdala, with sphincter spasm.

And that as we all know, the result of that is less control of the pronator muscle in the forearm, causing a slight bowing action in the stroke.

If you would measure your sock thickness, and match them with minimal tolerance involved, your game would jump up at least a ball.

Maybe four.

:thumbup:

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It may be embarrassing for you when you hear the real solution. I had this same problem till someone pointed it out to me. I'm a right handed player but I was playing with a left handed cue. You're welcome!