Stream request,give us Filipino action in their own rooms,,I will bet on them in ever

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When on occasion I get to see a match of Efren playing over in the Philipines

It reminds me of the way it was when I was at the old Cotton Bowling Palace in Dallas

pool was exciting dozens of people surrounded the tables with money in their hands watching billy stroud play against whoeverhad money,the crouds were loud,unruly and
pushy,,each person trying to lay down a bet.

It encouraged people to match up and get in action

I like the atmosphere of a cock fight crowd much better than the quiet library conditions that prevail in the typical American game today

Just look at those Filipino players crowded around the table waving money.with bets and offers as the game goes on.

If we had a few arenas with that kind of atmosphere then pool might come alive once more.

I remember playing Harry Platis in Reno with a crowd like that in a small room filled with every big name in pool while less than 6 or 8 watched the 9 ball finals in a world championship.

Ernie from gGnacues held the stakes,Keith encouraged harry to winor put him in the box,Nick quietly sweated the action until he could play,flyboy,Cooney, Huddy,Mottey,Terry of schon fame, the Miz,,GradyRonnie,and who knows how many others were all there yapping away,trying to get their bets down ,waiting till we finished and trying to matchup again

To me it is no wonder the Filipinoes are so good,they play in the spotlight,they thrive on the action,everyone in the room is having fun

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
When on occasion I get to see a match of Efren playing over in the Philipines

It reminds me of the way it was when I was at the old Cotton Bowling Palace in Dallas

pool was exciting dozens of people surrounded the tables with money in their hands watching billy stroud play against whoeverhad money,the crouds were loud,unruly and
pushy,,each person trying to lay down a bet.

It encouraged people to match up and get in action

I like the atmosphere of a cock fight crowd much better than the quiet library conditions that prevail in the typical American game today

Just look at those Filipino players crowded around the table waving money.with bets and offers as the game goes on.

If we had a few arenas with that kind of atmosphere then pool might come alive once more.

I remember playing Harry Platis in Reno with a crowd like that in a small room filled with every big name in pool while less than 6 or 8 watched the 9 ball finals in a world championship.

Ernie from gGnacues held the stakes,Keith encouraged harry to winor put him in the box,Nick quietly sweated the action until he could play,flyboy,Cooney, Huddy,Mottey,Terry of schon fame, the Miz,,GradyRonnie,and who knows how many others were all there yapping away,trying to get their bets down ,waiting till we finished and trying to matchup again

To me it is no wonder the Filipinoes are so good,they play in the spotlight,they thrive on the action,everyone in the room is having fun

I missed that since I was busy running the tournament in the other room. :D
In the Philippines they call these matches Pool Fights!

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm no big gambler
but I too enjoy
"the action"
sterile has its place
and I hope I never have to see my dr. again
except to wish him well

I will say that watching pool on video is more fun
when I can see the table and balls clearly
not always the case with pool fights (thanks jay)
but I'm sure they'd be more enjoyable to behold
seated ringside

*ding!*

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the stuff on youtube but I need an interpreter. Somebody please publish a dictionary of Filipino actionese.