The Biggest reason Lower level players can't improve ????

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One more thought to share......my friend...

Really...? I thought all the positive feedback from those who have dealt with Gene is what has legitimized this thread. The poo poo'ers are just that, and offer nothing but view/post count. No different than any other thread on AZ with active self righteous arm chair quarterbacks.

All that said, when the focus of this thread was on eye dominance, I was discreetly poo poo'ing as much as anyone else. I didn't doubt the phyiscal manifestation of eye dominance but how it could keep players from playing well escaped me. Gene privately offered me a free Skype lesson mulitple times. At first I refused, but then for what I thought would be for entertainment sake, I took him up on it. I went through some short drills with him and he uncovered some aspects of my aiming process that I had always white washed as a part of the game. Truth be told, I was compensating, and I'll add, I am really good at that compensating. However it was enlightening to have someone explain to me what was actually going on.

Gene was an absolute pleasure to deal with. Made absolutely no sales pitch to buy any DVD. Did not even elude to the notion that I should post a review of my time spent with him. However, I did anyways. Why...? Because I felt a man of his obvious character and ethusiasum for the game, deserved what positive light I could shine in his direction. I hope to one day meet the man in person and buy him a drink.

What cookie man said... I don't have a problem with people thinking their opinions make more sense then Gene's. Even if he's 100% correct, it won't mean he approach is right for everyone. However, Gene's character and his desire to help players improve is without reproach. Just because the man is so good at it, he also has to ability to earn some coin along the way doesn't make him a swindler.

One very important thing that I did not share during the skype was how important it is to be the same distance from the cue ball all the time.

Some shots we cannot do this but for the most part we can be in that perfect position that a ball player would call his wheel house.

Many players keep sneaking back and start leaning to far to reach the shot. This happens accidently from time to time and the player can't really tell what is going on.

The way to find your wheel house is to just move up as far as you can to the shot. Not too close but as close as you can and still be comfortable.

This also stops the player from looking too much out of the top of the eyes. Just look up as far as you can with just your eyes. Usually one will try to go up further and you might go cross-eyed. If your looking too much out of the top of your eyes when down on a shot and this happens a little you really can't tell except the shot looks really tough for some reason.

When we get a little older this happens allot when we look out of the top of the eyes. The muscles get weaker.

Just a little something to think about and play around with.

Thanks again for your shared thoughts here on AZ. Good Luck my friend...
:thumbup:

Robert.Beak

Registered
Make a circle with your finger and thumb and look through at an object across the room. Close each eye until the object is still visible through the circle. The open eye is dominant.

Hello! I'm a beginner, just starting and every smart guy tells me every time what to do, namely, he tells me not to squint one eye before hitting, tell me if I should listen to them ??

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tough call there but pretty simple...

Hello! I'm a beginner, just starting and every smart guy tells me every time what to do, namely, he tells me not to squint one eye before hitting, tell me if I should listen to them ??

Hi Robert, You can pick some things up from many players but there are so many players that try to help beginners that don't have a clue how to help them. Good intentions are what they are?

What I am doing on skype with these lessons I do are getting results that are off the charts from beginner to the pro level players. I know exactly what I am talking about and not afraid to show anyone and expect rave reviews.

3 hours with myself on skype will increase your learning curve 10 fold.

One thing for sure. You will get only good advice from me. Pool is pretty simple. Every single part of the game there is one best way. I really strive to learn and teach this best way.

I was doing about 12 lessons a week for free on skype. Now I'm charging $150. This price for what you learn is rediculously low. Take advantage for sure.

I thought by charging I would do less. So far I'm booked up for the next 10 days.

Most are from referrals. Send me a pm and I'll get you on the right track..

Robert.Beak

Registered
Hi Robert, You can pick some things up from many players but there are so many players that try to help beginners that don't have a clue how to help them. Good intentions are what they are?

What I am doing on skype with these lessons I do are getting results that are off the charts from beginner to the pro level players. I know exactly what I am talking about and not afraid to show anyone and expect rave reviews.

3 hours with myself on skype will increase your learning curve 10 fold.

One thing for sure. You will get only good advice from me. Pool is pretty simple. Every single part of the game there is one best way. I really strive to learn and teach this best way.

I was doing about 12 lessons a week for free on skype. Now I'm charging $150. This price for what you learn is rediculously low. Take advantage for sure.

I thought by charging I would do less. So far I'm booked up for the next 10 days.

Most are from referrals. Send me a pm and I'll get you on the right track..

Thank you so much! I will definitely contact you. Looked at the market - $ 150 is a really ridiculous price.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Well here is the deal if I was young, and want to be really great at a sport. My choice would be Golf. I would work my backside off master that game.

Most PAG Pro make a nice living out of the game, when you get up in years then move on to the SR. PGA Tour.

High side is a where you say I should have, but Golf is not cheap to get equipped in, and green fees get pricy. So you might just have to work a real job, to chase that dream until you make the PGA Tour.

Most people who expect to be really great at anything from getting great grade in H/S, or College. Or even a Sport work at it real hard. Good friend has two girl who both got full college Schlorship in sports, one was basket ball, the other was shocker.

These kids were not lucky, they work at their sport real hard, and we're lucky family was able to pay the price in the off season to have them on great traveling club teams. College scout say their potential, and both got free ride to colleges. Truth was the free ride did cost time, energy, cost of club sports teams, travel, motels, meals, etc. So the FREE College education was paid for but less then the cost of the opportunity to go to college for free.

And those kids got good from great coaching, that’s a fact. Natural talent helps, but lots of folks with a ton of talent never make it. Good coaching is the difference in so many sports. That’s the point. Does anyone think SVB only became good because of practice. He had good coaching as well.

Robert.Beak

Registered
How can you tell which eye correctly is dominant?

Place the chalk on the far, short side of the table. Themselves stand at the front short side and, keeping both eyes open, point your index finger at the chalk and focus on it. Close your left eye. If your index finger continues to point at the crayon, then you have an aiming eye

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Place the chalk on the far, short side of the table. Themselves stand at the front short side and, keeping both eyes open, point your index finger at the chalk and focus on it. Close your left eye. If your index finger continues to point at the crayon, then you have an aiming eye

Here's my take on that. If when pointing, instead of focusing on the finger, you let your eyes fall into double vision, you can straddle the object with the double image of your finger. Now no matter which eye is closed, the object remains centered while the finger jumps symmetrically left or right. If you substitute the tip of the cue for your finger, you can center your head over the stick and still see exactly where you are aiming.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane has had lessons with 5 of the 6 people you have had lessons with.

Tom Rossman
Diana Minor
Mark Wilson
Scott Lee
Nick Varner
Steve Boyer

Which one did he NOT have a lesson with? And after you tell me I am going to confirm that all of what you said here is true.

r/DCP

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Here's my take on that. If when pointing, instead of focusing on the finger, you let your eyes fall into double vision, you can straddle the object with the double image of your finger. Now no matter which eye is closed, the object remains centered while the finger jumps symmetrically left or right. If you substitute the tip of the cue for your finger, you can center your head over the stick and still see exactly where you are aiming.
Only if that's where your "vision center" is (the place where your brain, usually favoring your dominant eye's image to one degree or another, puts the two images together to look like a single one pointed at the target).

pj
chgo

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
EXACTLY Patrick....

Only if that's where your "vision center" is (the place where your brain, usually favoring your dominant eye's image to one degree or another, puts the two images together to look like a single one pointed at the target).

pj
chgo

In 1994 when I started teaching this I found this exact spot and learned how to find it for other players.

Using the gun analogy it was kind of like using the open sights on the gun and trying to hit something at 200 yards. Kind of tough.

Perfect Aim was like showing them how to use the scope on the rifle. Never to use the open sights again. Now they could even hit the target at 300 yards.

With pool it is a little tougher though. Nobody knew where this scope was? Only the open sights. .

24 years ago I started learning how this works. Each year I learned more. Got to remember, this was unchartered territory. Iike going to the bottom of the ocean for the first time.

In 2009 I couldn't stand it any more. I made a DVD and took off teaching around the country. The DVD was only to help players remember what they learned. I only charged $100 to learn this and I gave them the video for free. I just wanted to help players.

At this price I could hardly afford to meet expences. Gas, Motels. Expensive being on the road.

Finally In Phoenix after doing 200 lessons I made another video to sell on the internet. I was shocked to see that we sold almost 500 in about 10 days. Finally I could afford to stay on the road and actually pick up my van in Utah that was broke down on my way back to Wis,

I stayed on the road for 5 years teaching until I got rear ended in Peoria breaking my neck. If it wasn't for that I might still be on the road.

I got so excited about what I had learned knowing that nobody on the planet had ever figured out this whole puzzle with the eyes.

I don't blame teacher like Scott and a few others that have been teaching for a long time and kind of know how this works but kinda just isn't as good as it can get.

Playing at a higher level myself I had seen first hand over and over how huge the whole story on this was for each and every player.

Results were always off the charts. The information was priceless.

I have been ridiculed by so many people that just don't know over the years.

If CTE and what I teach were baseball cards the value of Perfect Aim to CTE would be 10 to 1. Not even close. 10 CTE's to get one Perfect Aim. Maybe even 20 to one.

I was going to be on Shark tank a few years back and had gotten approved for the initial show. Health issues stopped me and almost dead in my tracks literally. Heart surgery, neck fusion and lung surgery.

The reason for Shark tank wasn't about making money but getting exposure to let players know how fast they could actually improve knowing how all this works.

And Patrick, you have seen this from start to now so you kind of know it's been a long journey that I have never given up on , Helping pool players play better.

With these skype lessons now I'm getting the same results as I did in person. Unbelievable. About 8 to 10 per week, and still doing a few in person lessons in the Minneapolis area.

Every lesson is a huge success. Players are amazed.

Even on here the posts by players that learn this are all glowing. From the beginners to the pro level.

And I don't have anyone disappointed because I know this info is not out there anywhere. And just knowing which eye is dominant just doesn't cut it. There is so much more a player needs to learn to make this all happen.

Anyway, just trying to help pool for the last 25 years with the best information on the planet.

Got to go. Got a lesson in about 1 hour.

Another lucky pool player....:thumbup:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

pj
chgo

It is if you do the painstaking calibration of putting the target in the middle. :D I have normal age goofed vision and it still works.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
In 1994 when I started teaching this I found this exact spot and learned how to find it for other players.

Using the gun analogy it was kind of like using the open sights on the gun and trying to hit something at 200 yards. Kind of tough.

Perfect Aim was like showing them how to use the scope on the rifle. Never to use the open sights again. Now they could even hit the target at 300 yards.

With pool it is a little tougher though. Nobody knew where this scope was? Only the open sights. .

24 years ago I started learning how this works. Each year I learned more. Got to remember, this was unchartered territory. Iike going to the bottom of the ocean for the first time.

In 2009 I couldn't stand it any more. I made a DVD and took off teaching around the country. The DVD was only to help players remember what they learned. I only charged $100 to learn this and I gave them the video for free. I just wanted to help players.

At this price I could hardly afford to meet expences. Gas, Motels. Expensive being on the road.

Finally In Phoenix after doing 200 lessons I made another video to sell on the internet. I was shocked to see that we sold almost 500 in about 10 days. Finally I could afford to stay on the road and actually pick up my van in Utah that was broke down on my way back to Wis,

I stayed on the road for 5 years teaching until I got rear ended in Peoria breaking my neck. If it wasn't for that I might still be on the road.

I got so excited about what I had learned knowing that nobody on the planet had ever figured out this whole puzzle with the eyes.

I don't blame teacher like Scott and a few others that have been teaching for a long time and kind of know how this works but kinda just isn't as good as it can get.

Playing at a higher level myself I had seen first hand over and over how huge the whole story on this was for each and every player.

Results were always off the charts. The information was priceless.

I have been ridiculed by so many people that just don't know over the years.

If CTE and what I teach were baseball cards the value of Perfect Aim to CTE would be 10 to 1. Not even close. 10 CTE's to get one Perfect Aim. Maybe even 20 to one.

I was going to be on Shark tank a few years back and had gotten approved for the initial show. Health issues stopped me and almost dead in my tracks literally. Heart surgery, neck fusion and lung surgery.

The reason for Shark tank wasn't about making money but getting exposure to let players know how fast they could actually improve knowing how all this works.

And Patrick, you have seen this from start to now so you kind of know it's been a long journey that I have never given up on , Helping pool players play better.

With these skype lessons now I'm getting the same results as I did in person. Unbelievable. About 8 to 10 per week, and still doing a few in person lessons in the Minneapolis area.

Every lesson is a huge success. Players are amazed.

Even on here the posts by players that learn this are all glowing. From the beginners to the pro level.

And I don't have anyone disappointed because I know this info is not out there anywhere. And just knowing which eye is dominant just doesn't cut it. There is so much more a player needs to learn to make this all happen.

Anyway, just trying to help pool for the last 25 years with the best information on the planet.

Got to go. Got a lesson in about 1 hour.

Another lucky pool player....:thumbup:

Well I find the above comments about Shark Tank intresting, I honestly can not see why any of the people with money to invest on Shark Tank would jump into the Pool, or anything associated with the game of pool.

I wold think you would have a better change of getting someone in the Pool Equiptment, Gizmo supply business interested in your DVD on aiming.

JMHO

smoochie

NotLikeThis
I'm gonna go back a few pages where some ppl argued about what look at what last while striking the cueball and ill tell you, everyone looks at the object ball last, there's nobody in the world that looks at the cueball last.

I saw some mention ralf souqet looking at the cueball last, I just watched few videos and oh my, you guys are either delusional or don't understand eye pattern, Ralf looks at the object ball last.

And that other guy named Dr something, he said that when he looks at object ball last he misses half a mile, again he might not understand eye pattern very well, all people looks at object last, all riflemen looks at object last, all snipers look at object last.

here's how the pattern works, some ppl are different a little bit on the pattern but all share the final two steps.

you look at the cueball or object ball first this is down to preference, then it goes back the forth a few times again some ppl goes back and forth only two times and some other slower players they take ages in their stroke, i.e. their eye pattern goes back and forth more than 3 or 4 times, then the last part is almost identical to most ppl, which is:

As you're about to stroke the final stroke, you swing the arm back and as you do this you're looking at object ball, as your hands move forward to strike the cueball here you will look at the cueball, as the tip of your cue hits the cueball you are here focusing on the cueball, finally as the cueball leaves the tip your eyes automatically locks into the object ball.

Which means, last you are looking at the object ball as I described at the first statement here, and all people do this and if you don't lock into the object ball as the tip leaves the cueball, most of the time you are going to miss, and people call this "You moved your eyes from the ball".

This is how it is for most pro's and 99% players, you might think otherwise, but I think thats how it is if you slow speed your eyes pattern.

I just literally saw ralf which some claims he look at cueball last and he did exactly what I described here in the eye pattern.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm gonna go back a few pages where some ppl argued about what look at what last while striking the cueball and ill tell you, everyone looks at the object ball last, there's nobody in the world that looks at the cueball last.

Hi. I am currently trying to get in stroke from the long lapse. I am deliberately doing it on ALL shots partly because of GMs insistence it don't work.
I say, IT DON'T MATTER.

Actually it does matter. Cue ball last works better on shots jacked up and pesky draw shots that refuse to go; to mention a couple. It has to do with visually catalyzed stroke misalignment. The extra force of having to lay into the ball completes the disaster; not to mention you stroke is dead 100% perfect right?

Anyway, of course it's not the best choice for all shots. Shooting ducks with emphasis on the cueball carom and destination for a dead example; although, staring down the cue ball might be a good drill in faith anyway and could easily be perfected. It's all about student discipline.

Last edited:

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane has had lessons with 5 of the 6 people you have had lessons with.

I have now verified that this is a completely wrong and/or false statement. Just another example of this guy's stupid crap that he exhibits quite frequently here. Making up stuff and attacking others is his way of doing things. Plus he hijacked the OP thread in doing so.

AZB does not need posters like this. Period.

r/DCP

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't read the last month of this thread, just checking in now...Did you Skype Geno yet DCP? If not, why not?