WWYD - Getting on 2 ball

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No man... I watched it again and each of those shots went in off the outside horn. You need to really thin the ball.

I reshot them after and have the footage. I did not edit into a movie yet, maybe later. I hit it thin on this newer footage. Still doesn't get there.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first attempt was what I was suggesting (tongue and cheek).

However two things....:
-We have drastically different definitions on "thinning" a ball. You hitting the one decently solid.
-You aren't hitting the CB very hard. Table dependent of course, but there's way more velocity to be had.

The 4 rail route on the first attempt, when I said "that is the best I can do", I was referring to how short I could get the CB. I was able to get the CB with a lot more speed, but it went longer, so it was even in a worse position. I did not show those shots in the video. I'd bet the house Efren could not play 4 rails and get straight on the 2, even on a red label diamond.

johnfleming1085

First of all, I would shoot the 2-7 combo. If you had to get that position, it would help for the cue to have more spin when hitting the last rail. That requires more stun and in turn, more difficult speed control so the trade-off is not so great. I think coming inside the 9 might be a safer angle. It is a very difficult shot however you play it. There is probably a better strategy or safety option to look for. Keep practicing. The more you struggle with it the more you will know it might not be the best option and if you absloutely do have to shoot it, you will have a good reference point from all of the practice.

The 2-7 combo is the best route to run the rack. Put Qball on opposite side of 1 and roll towards side pocket or diamond 3. Try to land on the rail or close to it. Shoot 2 slow & slightly into the rail and let 2 land on end rail after making 7. Then cut 2 and go down for 3. If you get bad on 2 you can play a good safe up to other end of table.

It's not easy to get on the 2, but possible, how you're attempting. But playing the 2 up past the side pocket is tough unless U get almost straight in. Plus, if you don't get straight enough, you'll likely run into the balls in the center of the table and not have a shot on the 3.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 2-7 combo is the best route to run the rack. Put Qball on opposite side of 1 and roll towards side pocket or diamond 3. Try to land on the rail or close to it. Shoot 2 slow & slightly into the rail and let 2 land on end rail after making 7. Then cut 2 and go down for 3. If you get bad on 2 you can play a good safe up to other end of table.

It's not easy to get on the 2, but possible, how you're attempting. But playing the 2 up past the side pocket is tough unless U get almost straight in. Plus, if you don't get straight enough, you'll likely run into the balls in the center of the table and not have a shot on the 3.

After 30 mins of trying this I would agree. Shooting the 2-7 combo is the best option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk