OB Cues coming around?

CPB

Registered
OB Cues seems to be turning a corner. The current president, Shane Sinnott has answered every call and answered every question over several phone calls I have placed in the last few weeks, and I am very honestly impressed by this.

I decided to order their limited to 50 OB-191 Quad Lam Solid Break Cue. I believe Shane and others behind the scenes are working to upright the ship and bring OB back to their place among the best built and playing cues on the market. I look forward to trying out the OB-191, and making it my main break cue. Give them a chance again people, I think we may be in for a good surprise. Just my .02 :smile:

CPB

Registered
No they didn't. It's an honest opinion and assessment. Everyone deserves a second chance. And let me tell you this, I will be the first one to call out any BS if I am not satisfied with my purchase.

coxcol15

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB Cues seems to be turning a corner. The current president, Shane Sinnott has answered every call and answered every question over several phone calls I have placed in the last few weeks, and I am very honestly impressed by this.

I decided to order their limited to 50 OB-191 Quad Lam Solid Break Cue. I believe Shane and others behind the scenes are working to upright the ship and bring OB back to their place among the best built and playing cues on the market. I look forward to trying out the OB-191, and making it my main break cue. Give them a chance again people, I think we may be in for a good surprise. Just my .02 :smile:

I can attest to this. I recently had a second to none experience with OB which was handled directly by Shane.

CPB

Registered
My thoughts exactly. With so many makers, and other excellent products available, why give them a 2nd chance.
Sure are several post lately on OBs behalf, by people who have 10 post or less :rolleyes:.

So in your limited thinking abilities, your saying that because I only have posted less then 10 times I am some kind of?

See I was raised to only say (or type in this case) something meaningful, thought out and only if I was sure of my facts. You sir should, in my humble but very meaningful opinion subscribe to this well meant suggestion,“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

― Mark Twain

;)

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
No they didn't. It's an honest opinion and assessment. Everyone deserves a second chance. And let me tell you this, I will be the first one to call out any BS if I am not satisfied with my purchase.

I have owned several OB shafts over the years all that were purchased new and each had a taper roll, and multiple had very pathetic looking ferrules or joint collars, I'm talking ebay quality.

There have been a couple posts like this explicitly saying "OB is getting better" , there have also been numerous posts talking about poor customer service and poor quality.... so you have to wonder why is someone supporting a losing company?

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB Customer Care

OK I will say it then if you do not believe the other poster.

I had some issues with OB and they have addressed them with phone calls, emails and follow ups. Not only was it Shane Sinnot but others on the staff as well. Every one of the employees were as nice as can be.

While no one likes issues in the first place, customer care and communication goes miles for me.

I don’t know what their issues were before but they have taken care of mine quickly and efficiently.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
OK I will say it then if you do not believe the other poster.

I had some issues with OB and they have addressed them with phone calls, emails and follow ups. Not only was it Shane Sinnot but others on the staff as well. Every one of the employees were as nice as can be.

While no one likes issues in the first place, customer care and communication goes miles for me.

I don’t know what their issues were before but they have taken care of mine quickly and efficiently.

My experience as well.
In 8 years as an authorized OB repair shop I've never had an issue that wasn't taken care of.
It's been zero hassle with OB as far as taking care of problems.
OB went through the problems with their dowel machine resulting
in some delivery & quality issues, but overall they have been great to work with.
It doesn't seem like OB is a very big company but they're good people in my opinion.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
My thoughts exactly. With so many makers, and other excellent products available, why give them a 2nd chance.
Sure are several post lately on OBs behalf, by people who have 10 post or less :rolleyes:.

Except that the OP joined in 2015 and is paying for the Gold Membership...is he a sleeper agent, creating accounts and burying them, only to bring them forth every four years to plug a company? And paying the Gold Membership to do so? :p

Reaching...

That having been said, I too, suspect brand new posters dropping in to tout some product or service. I don't think that's necessarily the case here.

coltstudd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi forum ,i have an ob1+ i purchased last year for my joss west cue and its perfect,talked to Shane on the phone and wanted to try a ob classic + blem which i just got and also its perfect,very happy with their shafts and a plus is that they are made in the usa.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
So in your limited thinking abilities, your saying that because I only have posted less then 10 times I am some kind of?

See I was raised to only say (or type in this case) something meaningful, thought out and only if I was sure of my facts. You sir should, in my humble but very meaningful opinion subscribe to this well meant suggestion,“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

― Mark Twain

;)

Nah, I'm fine like I am. I've stated in other post, how I sent mine back, they confirmed they had it, call back a month later, and no clue who I am, they do not have my shaft. That was that, never did get a shaft from them, they had no record. This was around the time Shane showed up and Royce was alive.
How ironic that Leanord Bludworth did the same thing to me, on my first custom cue ever, and it was Royce who interceded on my behalf to get it back, when he was down in Leakey, buying Leanords shit for the start up of OB. It was Royce that had me post my original threads on here calling him out. Never did get that cue back either, and he told me and Royce to both pound sand. $1000 plus down the drain. Owned the cue for all of 3 months. **** em, and I stand by that.
You can shove all your nice thoughts right up your ass.

CPB

Registered
Except that the OP joined in 2015 and is paying for the Gold Membership...is he a sleeper agent, creating accounts and burying them, only to bring them forth every four years to plug a company? And paying the Gold Membership to do so? :p

Reaching...

That having been said, I too, suspect brand new posters dropping in to tout some product or service. I don't think that's necessarily the case here.

Shhh you got me I am the great, rich, mystery guy who stirs the shit pot....Every 4 years...

Exactly no I am not, I wanted to express my thoughts and give kudos to SS from OB Cues for taking time, listening, and helping.

Hey you know what, here's a plug for another GREAT guy by the name of Heath Manning of MANNING CUES! Hell of a guy will bend over backwards and if he can't help, he will find someone he knows to help you.

Disclaimer… I received $999,999,999.99 and free ice cream for life from OB and Manning for the plugs... ;)

CPB

Registered
Nah, I'm fine like I am. I've stated in other post, how I sent mine back, they confirmed they had it, call back a month later, and no clue who I am, they do not have my shaft. That was that, never did get a shaft from them, they had no record. This was around the time Shane showed up and Royce was alive.
How ironic that Leanord Bludworth did the same thing to me, on my first custom cue ever, and it was Royce who interceded on my behalf to get it back, when he was down in Leakey, buying Leanords shit for the start up of OB. It was Royce that had me post my original threads on here calling him out. Never did get that cue back either, and he told me and Royce to both pound sand. $1000 plus down the drain. Owned the cue for all of 3 months. **** em, and I stand by that.
You can shove all your nice thoughts right up your ass.

And if you had lead with that, instead of just attacking, then I and others would have understood and I would have said to you, you have been screwed and have a legit beef. But no you just acted like an ass. Just like with your last line on this post. I am done with you and your childish bullshit, I am sorry you were snake bite, but I haven't been and I can give kudos to anyone I want for good service. Good Day, cur.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
And if you had lead with that, instead of just attacking, then I and others would have understood and I would have said to you, you have been screwed and have a legit beef. But no you just acted like an ass. Just like with your last line on this post. I am done with you and your childish bullshit, I am sorry you were snake bite, but I haven't been and I can give kudos to anyone I want for good service. Good Day, cur.

Bye Felicia :rolleyes:

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been playing with OB shafts on my cues for years. I have been happy with my purchases with only a couple issues. The performance of these shafts is on par with any on the market. Are there problems with some OB shafts? Yes, but no more problems than the big Chinese shaft companies. Plus you are supporting a U.S company and for me that is important. I also can say many good things about Jacoby and McDermott cue products. With all the domestic cue choices we have buying U.S is a no-brainer. Cheers!

CPB

Registered
I have been playing with OB shafts on my cues for years. I have been happy with my purchases with only a couple issues. The performance of these shafts is on par with any on the market. Are there problems with some OB shafts? Yes, but no more problems than the big Chinese shaft companies. Plus you are supporting a U.S company and for me that is important. I also can say many good things about Jacoby and McDermott cue products. With all the domestic cue choices we have buying U.S is a no-brainer. Cheers!

:thumbup: Well said. :thumbup: