World Straight Pool

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB vs Deuel finals for the world championship.
Shane took down Schmidt and Corey came back to beat Hohmann.
Good job guys
Finals today noon central

scarygary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB vs Deuel finals for the world championship.
Shane took down Schmidt and Corey came back to beat Hohmann.
Good job guys
Finals today noon central

It's not a world championship. Not sanctioned by the WPA so no WC status.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a pretty weak field. Only 30 players? Calcutta? Granted there are some top names in it but overall its not much for a "World" title. I'm just dreaming here but it would be nice if the three (US Open, American, WC) could just combine into one true title. Probably never happen but as it is none are really all that great. The American gets the best fields for sure.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haha, you guys are funny
What's so funny? Its true. 30 man field with more than a couple sub-650 Fargo players.If CW wants to call this a WC he can but its not. More like the "North Florida 14.1". And they want 20bux for the finals??? What are they smokin??

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m surprised at SVB’s opponent...hardly anyone plays CDs anymore

Unfortunately, we’re at a point where a certain percentage of posters have no idea what you’re talking about, and a certain percentage can’t remember what we ate this morning.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
'one question I have, if its streamed why we don't get announcements here on azb "live stream" subforums, I don't get it.
At some point Dragon Promotions got banned/blocked from this site presumably because they treated it as a "write only" advertising opportunity.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Years ago when this tournament first lost its WPA sanctioning as a world championship, the members here on AZ were more closely split if it should still be coincided a world championship. I recall the year Schmidt won, some people said it had the best straight pool players on the planet, so why shouldn't Schmidt be considered a world champion?

Well, this year is the reason why. This tournament has dwindled to almost nothing, and no one can deny that. This is what happens when you don't have it WPA sanctioned, and the money is low. The WPA sanctioning brings in the international top guns (who won't come otherwise even if the money was high). And the lack of money keeps even the US players away.