Brunswick Cue - Want Replacement

Shekkycat

Brunswick Cue Identification if possible?

Hi all, would anyone have any information on this cue? Model? Is it a good cue use? Wanting to buy a similar cue in terms of weight, size, shaft dimensions, etc.....not necessarily a similar looking cue (aesthetically). Looking in to the Joss, Meucci, and Predator lines. Just wanted to find out more about the dimensions of my current cue.

This is what I have - attached.

Attachments

• IMG_2998.jpg
    IMG_2998.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_2999.jpg
    IMG_2999.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_3001.jpg
    IMG_3001.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all, I am looking to replace my old cue which I've had for almost 30 years, but I want to get something VERY similar to what I have, just updated. I just don't know what model of Brunswick I have, shaft size, tip, etc....

This is what I have - attached.

First name that comes to mind is Joss cues. They'll take good care of you.

Shekkycat

First name that comes to mind is Joss cues. They'll take good care of you.

Do you know which model of Brunswick I have?
I would like to also find out what weight it is? Whether it is an 20oz, 19.5 or 19 oz cue. Also what size tip it is. I've seen and tried the 13mm tips, and wasn't really comfortable with it. The one that I have seem really skinny and the shaft was skinny.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you know which model of Brunswick I have?
I would like to also find out what weight it is? Whether it is an 20oz, 19.5 or 19 oz cue. Also what size tip it is. I've seen and tried the 13mm tips, and wasn't really comfortable with it. The one that I have seem really skinny and the shaft was skinny.

Sorry. I don't know your model. When I saw the picture of the bottom of your cue. It looks simular to a Joss.
To find out the weight. Go to the post office. Shaft size can be tough action if you don't have a proper tool to measure it.

Shekkycat

Hey Michael Webb, I actually decided to just keep my old cue, and sent it to Joss Cues for repairs/refinish/cleaned up and new tips for my two shafts. I can't wait to get it back....it is going to look and feel brand new, but be the same comfortable cue I have always used. Thanks for letting me know about Joss Cues. Dan was very quick to response to all my questions.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Michael Webb, I actually decided to just keep my old cue, and sent it to Joss Cues for repairs/refinish/cleaned up and new tips for my two shafts. I can't wait to get it back....it is going to look and feel brand new, but be the same comfortable cue I have always used. Thanks for letting me know about Joss Cues. Dan was very quick to response to all my questions.

That is awesome. Mr. Janes and his family are exceptional people and Craftsmen.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you happen to find anything out about the Brunswick cue? I acquired the same one and there's not much info online about them
Some of those B'wick cues were made by Joss and some by Ernie Chen(Falcon) in Canada(or possibly China). If it has a Joss pin(14thread) then Dan made it. IIRC the US built ones had a circular logo and the Falcon ones' were like the OP's.

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You cue was made by Falcon. Sharp point Brunswick that have Joss style inlays in the butt were made by Falcon.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of those B'wick cues were made by Joss and some by Ernie Chen(Falcon) in Canada(or possibly China). If it has a Joss pin(14thread) then Dan made it. IIRC the US built ones had a circular logo and the Falcon ones' were like the OP
Joss also used a 5/16x13 joint screw in some.