Cuetec Cynergy Maintenance

nibrobus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys, probably a dumb question but I'm going to be purchasing a Cuetec Cynergy shaft in the near future and was wondering if you HAD to use rubbing alcohol to clean it, or will a damp rag suffice? The place I play only has swamp coolers (no AC) so it gets humid in there. I plan on using rubbing alcohol to wipe it down when I get home but was just wondering if it was ok to use good old damp paper towels while I was out.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not wood, so you can just use a damp cloth. It's carbon fiber, moisture will not hurt it.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damp paper towel

The only thing I use on mine is a damp paper towel. Have done so the last several months since new. No issues.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys, probably a dumb question but I'm going to be purchasing a Cuetec Cynergy shaft in the near future and was wondering if you HAD to use rubbing alcohol to clean it, or will a damp rag suffice? The place I play only has swamp coolers (no AC) so it gets humid in there. I plan on using rubbing alcohol to wipe it down when I get home but was just wondering if it was ok to use good old damp paper towels while I was out.
Use Zeiss eyeglass lens wipes. WAY cheaper than those Predator-brand wipes.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator says no water. Oil from your hands get on the shaft. Water does not get rid of oil. It just spreads it out. They say 90% isopropyl alcohol cleans. Most stores sell 70% and 91%.

pho_choob

Be the Cueball
75% or above ispropyl alcohol put into a small spray bottle. The cuetec stays clean being wipe with a microfiber towel (use alcohol monthly only when needed).