Florida & Georgia AZ'ers Storm Check In Thread

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I have my younger son, his wife and a group of grandkids in Orlando so I'm keeping a close watch on the hurricane progress; it looks to have some very scary potential. My boy said he figures the wind will be bad in the center of the state where they are but not nearly as bad as the likely projected landfall areas along the east coast. He said it will prob be the rain fall that will be the worst of it near Orlando with a forecast calling for a possible18-24". Not good.

Lots of prayers for everyone in the path of Dorian and hopefully members can check in here as the storm progresses to let us know how they're doing. At this point it looks like all of FL and southeast GA will be getting the worst of it.

Please keep us posted.

best to all of you.

brian kc

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
I have my younger son, his wife and a group of grandkids in Orlando so I'm keeping a close watch on the hurricane progress; it looks to have some very scary potential. My boy said he figures the wind will be bad in the center of the state where they are but not nearly as bad as the likely projected landfall areas along the east coast. He said it will prob be the rain fall that will be the worst of it near Orlando with a forecast calling for a possible18-24". Not good.

Lots of prayers for everyone in the path of Dorian and hopefully members can check in here as the storm progresses to let us know how they're doing. At this point it looks like all of FL and southeast GA will be getting the worst of it.

Please keep us posted.

best to all of you.

brian kc

They'll be fine, Brian... keep them in my thoughts.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Chopdoc posted this excellent advice in NPR....yeah, we gotta take care of youse guys.

C7483ADF-0E0C-4061-B3C1-FFF6567CB407.jpeg

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chopdoc posted this excellent advice in NPR....yeah, we gotta take care of youse guys.

View attachment 528570

I'll make that a little more readable:

Just got this by text from a client, a doctor in PR:

To all my Friends & Family that are right now on Florida. I hope that you are already ready in case that something comes to affect your area. So far (6:00pm of Aug/29th) Dorian will arrive as a Cat4 on west palm beach.

Sorry if I sound like a psycho but I still have some PTSD from H. Maria. So…I decided to share some things that deff helped not only me & family, but also friends that needed help during and after Maria…..Make sure you have if not all, most of these things….

The number of course will depend on the number of family members but for AT LEAST 10 DAYS AFTER THE HURRICANE…….

✅Water…….at least 1 gallon per person per day. (remember is not only for drinking….you will need water for sanitary purposes and to shower in case the water is gone for a while.
✅food…the easier to make, the better it is…… many forgot how essential manual can openers were……
✅Got pets? don’t forget about them <3
✅LOTS of disposable towels, bags and towel paper (unless your are as lucky as puertorricans….Trump gave us paper towels.)
✅Got meds? make sure to pick up an additional prescription and over the counter meds
✅back up your cellphone if possible….mine almost died…..well it could be my fault but promise it was an accident…..
✅external batteries to charge your cellphone if needed. (by the way….if after the hurricane you loose signal….dont freak out. its normal, the best place to find signal is on the highway….(lesss interference)
propane gas
✅batteries, batteries, batteries
solar lamps are a must. It solved so much.
✅CASH!!! please, have a lot of cash in all “sizes” … many people forgot this and no ATMs or banks opened (no power either) so ….
✅At least have all your important documents safe from water and in case you need to move, have them all together….its easy.
✅Fix-a-flat: days after hurricane all the roads were full of screw and nails, etc etc….so many flat tires no matter what. just have them just in case.
✅Got a generator? make sure is full and that its working days before …. and make sure to have extra gas just in case.

✅TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR PROPERTY !!! MANY INSURANCES STATED THAT THEY NEEDED EVIDENCE OF “BEFORE” AND AFTER SO THEY WOULD COVER.

🔥🔥🔥IMPORTANT🔥🔥🔥
days after a hurricane, mental health of many people got pretty bad. Please keep calm, don’t fight with neighbors, its pretty normal too……just be safe!!! if you need something and I can help, I promise you that I will do everything in my power to help!
Keep me updated.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

To all my Friends & Family that are right now on Florida. I hope that you are already ready in case that something comes to affect your area. So far (6:00pm of Aug/29th) Dorian will arrive as a Cat4 on west palm beach.

Sorry if I sound like a psycho but I still have some PTSD from H. Maria. So…I decided to share some things that deff helped not only me & family, but also friends that needed help during and after Maria…..Make sure you have if not all, most of these things….

The number of course will depend on the number of family members but for AT LEAST 10 DAYS AFTER THE HURRICANE…….

✅Water…….at least 1 gallon per person per day. (remember is not only for drinking….you will need water for sanitary purposes and to shower in case the water is gone for a while.
✅food…the easier to make, the better it is…… many forgot how essential manual can openers were……
✅LOTS of disposable towels, bags and towel paper (unless your are as lucky as puertorricans….Trump gave us paper towels.)
✅Got meds? make sure to pick up an additional prescription and over the counter meds
✅back up your cellphone if possible….mine almost died…..well it could be my fault but promise it was an accident…..
✅external batteries to charge your cellphone if needed. (by the way….if after the hurricane you loose signal….dont freak out. its normal, the best place to find signal is on the highway….(lesss interference)
propane gas
✅CASH!!! please, have a lot of cash in all “sizes” … many people forgot this and no ATMs or banks opened (no power either) so ….
✅At least have all your important documents safe from water and in case you need to move, have them all together….its easy.
✅Fix-a-flat: days after hurricane all the roads were full of screw and nails, etc etc….so many flat tires no matter what. just have them just in case.
✅Got a generator? make sure is full and that its working days before …. and make sure to have extra gas just in case.

✅TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR PROPERTY !!! MANY INSURANCES STATED THAT THEY NEEDED EVIDENCE OF “BEFORE” AND AFTER SO THEY WOULD COVER.

������IMPORTANT������
days after a hurricane, mental health of many people got pretty bad. Please keep calm, don’t fight with neighbors, its pretty normal too……just be safe!!! if you need something and I can help, I promise you that I will do everything in my power to help!
Keep me updated.

Thanks for posting and good luck to you and your family. I have a house in Lake Worth. I’m out of state right now. The people on my street came together after Wilma. People do rise to the occasion during/after a crisis. Let’s look out for each other.... it’s all we have sometimes.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

propane gas

🔥🔥🔥IMPORTANT🔥🔥🔥
Keep me updated.

excellent advice, Doc. :thumbup:

hope you and yours remain safe.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
We're in Cocoa Beach, not looking too good right now!

We are hunkered down with all supplies.

ALL are hoping for a NON coastline contact. And that the European model is what's going to happen!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We're in Cocoa Beach, not looking too good right now!

We are hunkered down with all supplies.

ALL are hoping for a NON coastline contact. And that the European model is what's going to happen!

good luck. be safe.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The new projection as of 5 am est shows the eye hugging the coast and going north maybe hitting Georgia or South Carolina .they still are not sure.
That being said because of the size of the storm and it being so slow moving the east coast of Florida will probably / could still see hurricane force winds but hopefully not cat 4
There definitely will be flooding because of the rainfall
Hope everyone stays safe and doesn’t have too much damage.
Your house and pool cues are replaceable
YOU are not.
Edit
I just noticed some sign next to today above .where did that come from
and what does it mean.?

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whatever you do keep your cues and your $40 chalk dry. ;) Seriously, be safe all you denizens of the SE.

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in Longwood (Orlando) and hoping it stays out to sea. We are expecting rain and water, just have to stay here and drain my pool while its raining, so that the water doesn't come in the house. If we lose electricity that's another story we will try and go to Venice until the power comes back on. We were without power for a week for Irma and that was no fun. Thanks for the concerns. Good luck to all of our members who live on the east coast.
Tom

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Whatever you do keep your cues and your $40 chalk dry. ;) Seriously, be safe all you denizens of the SE.

The positive of having wood shafts are they float. Not sure about the REVO. Are JB Hybrid cases waterproof? If my cues do get damaged does anyone have an extra receipt for a Gus. I’m sure my insurance company will understand.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Storm turned more North.

Right now looking like it will stay off the coast of Florida and looks like it will make landfall in between Savannah and Charleston.

Of course, it can still turn any time.

We will still catch the edge of it here.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I prepared this morning. I got a case of beer, some Gatorade, and some Haagen Dazs Coffee Ice Cream.

Gatorade is already gone. I should have gotten more Haagen Dazs.

Freddie <~~~ what was I thinking?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I prepared this morning. I got a case of beer, some Gatorade, and some Haagen Dazs Coffee Ice Cream.

Gatorade is already gone. I should have gotten more Haagen Dazs.

Freddie <~~~ what was I thinking?

Path is changing. Forget about the beverages. Maybe soon we can exhale.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Latest report puts the path even farther to the East of the coast and not hitting land until perhaps North Carolina if at all.

I am optimistic.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll post this here and the other thread.. most recent projection
I could find.. god speed, gentleman.

Attachments

• IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 233