The Laser Rack: Which wood finish would you choose?

Which wood finish do you like?

• Total voters

i4pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to finalize some production details and would greatly appreciate your input. The Laser Rack will ultimately be available in 4 finishes.
I was wondering which wood finishes would be the most popular.
From top-to-bottom: American Maple, Traditional Mahogany, Traditional Cherry, and Traditional Pecan. Which finish do you like?

triangle_pic_lg.jpg

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

For more information about The Laser Rack, please visit my website at http://www.Laser-Racks.com .

DSCF0217_b_400pix.jpg

If you have any questions/comments, feel free to post here or email me at innovative4pool@yahoo.com . No PM's please. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First Choice - Traditional Pecan
Second Choice - Traditional Cherry

Great looking finish on the racks,
Myron

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Maybe it is just me but in the picture you can barely tell any difference at all between the Mahogany and the Cherry. For what it is worth I like the maple the best and then either the Mahogany or Cherry second.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
The lighter colors. It will be easier to see in a dark room.

Are there any plans of making them ergonomic by cutting slots in the side? There was another post showing a ergonomic rack selling for $130. I think the only difference was the slots.

Good luck with your idea.

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
I'd add one more color.. gloss black... then if any of the wood has a visual defect... you just paint it black...

i4pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based on the poll, thus far, the Maple & Pecan look to be the most popular. Thank you all for your input. Great suggestions on adding a 5th color (blk) and making it more ergonomic.

Regards,

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
innovative4pool said:
Based on the poll, thus far, the Maple & Pecan look to be the most popular. Thank you all for your input. Great suggestions on adding a 5th color (blk) and making it more ergonomic.

Regards,
I chose maple because my table is maple. A little bit lighter in color but maple none the less. Maple stained black would be ideal for my taste.

BVal

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
would it be too much trouble to give purchasers choices...to match room/table decor?

Tim5000

Silver Member
pwd72s said:
would it be too much trouble to give purchasers choices...to match room/table decor?

I'm sure they planned to offer multiple finishes from the beginning.
This thread is just a poorly disguised attempt at getting some free advertising!

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Tim5000 said:
This thread is just a poorly disguised attempt at getting some free advertising!

That's my thought exactly.

Seriously doubt it's only going to come in the winning choice of color. :)

Not the first post of thiers like this either.

Deadon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tim5000 said:

Bingo.............. agreed.

Tim5000

Silver Member
Deadon and RR, I'm glad you agree.

There's nothing wrong with a little publicty here on AZB, but I think we would all appreciate if these self-promoters would just be up-front and say 'I've got a product and want to tell you about it' The poll thing just seems a little lame IMO.

Maybe I'm being to harsh on this guy, but I've got a chip on my shoulder. I'm just sick and tired of a new rack being invented every couple of months (see my previous thread about the Delta-13 rack) http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=91387

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
That's how I feel.

Same with the "Hey look at my cue new that just arrived , I love it , it hits tons and is the best cue I ever had. Just wanted to put up some pics because Im so proud of it . . . . by the way it's in the B/S/T if anyones interested"

Tim5000

Silver Member
Is this not enough? Do we need more?

Sardo Tightrack

Diamond Rack

The Chameleon

Delta-13

The Roller Rack

The Perfect Rack

Don's Rack (PoolDawg)

I'm sure I forgot 5 or 6 others, but you get the idea!

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
Tim5000 said:
Is this not enough? Do we need more?

Sardo Tightrack

Diamond Rack

The Chameleon

Delta-13

The Roller Rack

The Perfect Rack

Don's Rack (PoolDawg)

I'm sure I forgot 5 or 6 others, but you get the idea!

I could buy a:

Ford

Chevy

Licoln

Chrysler

Mercury

Hyundai

Kia

(get the point yet?)

but I'm sure glad there are others...

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
I like the darker woods. I really like that mahogany.

And gentleman, he said in the original post that all finishes would be available and that he was just wondering what stains would be the most popular.

Thank God for people who pursue their dreams.

i4pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pwd72s said:

pwd72s-- I think giving purchasers choice of finish (other than the 4 mentioned above) is a good idea. This will probably be a future "special order" option. Initially though, limiting the # of available finishes will be more efficient from a small-volume production perspective.

Tom5000 said:
I'm sure they planned to offer multiple finishes from the beginning. This thread is just a poorly disguised attempt at getting some free advertising!

Tim5000-- We are going to offer multiple finishes (only 4). However, (correct me if i'm wrong pw) pwd72s was referring to finishes other than the 4 shown.

Also, my intent with this thread was to find out from the community which finish would be more popular so that I could make informed decisions about the quanities of each to build. I'm not looking for a winning color, just gathering information. If I offered pink and everyone liked pink, guess what I'd build... more of the pink.

I apologize if I have rubbed some of you the wrong way with my posts. That was not my intent. I do want to be a part of this community and have contributed to other discussions. I am a poolplayer myself... play fairly regularly at Danny K's.

With all due respect, sure there are other racks but I feel that my rack offers a unique selling point... perfectly positioned racks utilizing laser technology. Some will take to it and some won't.

I just want to come out with a quality product which is why I looked for testers. And I do plan to come out with other products... is it such a bad idea to get feedback from the community?

Thanks to all thus far who have shown their interest and given me such valuable feedback & information.

Regards,

Last edited:

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
innovative4pool said:
pwd72s-- I think giving purchasers choice of finish (other than the 4 mentioned above) is a good idea. This will probably be a future "special order" option. Initially though, limiting the # of available finishes will be more efficient from a small-volume production perspective.

Tim5000-- We are going to offer multiple finishes (only 4). However, (correct me if i'm wrong pw) pwd72s was referring to finishes other than the 4 shown.

Also, my intent with this thread was to find out from the community which finish would be more popular so that I could make informed decisions about the quanities of each to build. I'm not looking for a winning color, just gathering information. If I offered pink and everyone liked pink, guess what I'd build... more of the pink.

I apologize if I have rubbed some of you the wrong way with my posts. That was not my intent. I do want to be a part of this community and have contributed to other discussions. I am a poolplayer myself... play fairly regularly at Danny K's.

With all due respect, sure there are other racks but I feel that my rack offers a unique selling point... perfectly positioned racks utilizing laser technology. Some will take to it and some won't.

I just want to come out with a quality product which is why I looked for testers. And I do plan to come out with other products... is it such a bad idea to get feedback from the community?

Thanks to all thus far who have shown their interest and given me such valuable feedback & information.

Regards,
Keep up the good work - I think it is a good idea.

BVal