Not many J. Pechauer reviews....

bigben

wtf

To all of those that don't like the J Pechauer cues whats wrong with you the reason that you can't hit the cue is that you need to have a feel for it replaceing the shaft with a pred shaft is a waste of time do some research and watch the video compareing the deflection of the factory shaft and the pred shaft they are virtually the same Pechauer make one of the very best cues in billiards I play masters nineball and eightball and over half of the players use Pechauer cues all highend cues take some time to get along with the cue

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Pechauer has ve the best finish in the business, playability, I don't think so.
They need to change their pin on the cues. The feedback on the cue is terrible. Just my 2 cents.

Just bought a P17 for a local player, and had KJ Simpson fit a 314 shaft to it. KJ did great work as usual. Butt looks pretty, all CNC-machined of course, as if no human being has had a hand in making any of it. Everything fits and is as straight as can be. Wood selection is adequate, neither the BEM nor brown ebony (or whatever it is) look too special, but nice. Finish looks fine, but feels stickier to one's hands than some, needless to emphasize perhaps, I have custom cues that are superior in this respect. The joint (and pin as you mention) is certainly far removed from what I would want in a cue in terms of feedback. On the whole, I find the cue seemingly inexpensive given the nice looks, but expensive given I'd personally be happier with a custom Plain Jane in the same price category. But of course that's just me - I value hit and feel above all else in a cue.

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Last edited:

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i really don't like them. they hit dead and are butt heavy. they've got a thick butt and hit stiff though but for some reason unlike joss and schons their ss joints seem to be all i can feel when i hit a ball with them. i'd just get a schon or a joss

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i really don't like them. they hit dead and are butt heavy. they've got a thick butt and hit stiff though but for some reason unlike joss and schons their ss joints seem to be all i can feel when i hit a ball with them. i'd just get a schon or a joss
Its weird because I know there newer cues are different from there old ones.Mine is about 15 years old with a real nice birdseye forearm and the regular stainless joint like a Schon,not there new joint.I think it plays fantastic with my Predator shaft and the butt is thinner than my Schon,but I will agree with you that something has changed in the way as they don't seem as picky now as they use to be.I'm beginning to think of cues like restaurants.At the beginning
everything is stellar and great,then suddenly you get a name for yourself
and the quality goes down a bit.

Jeweler

Registered
Peach cues

I currently have two wrapless peach cues that I think work and feel better than any cue I have ever used and trust me...I am no spring chicken. I did not like the rock maple shaft that came with the sticks and I put on Jacoby Edge Hybrid shafts on them. In my opinion the Jacoby shaft really outplays the 314 by a mile. Try one on your peach cue and that cue will soon become your favorite cue.
Peach cues---awesome quality and pretty.:thumbup:

Mikiemopa

pechauer dealer
Silver Member
If you look hard, you can find great deals on pechauers, best production cue for the money, excellent quality. Go for the pro series, the hit is up to you, everybody is different. Probably not the answer you are looking for, but you need to find what works for you.

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
....and I am mulling over purchasing one of his wrapless models, either the Pro Series PR15 or the PR20. Can anybody tell me anything about the quality and playability of his cues, particularly the Pro Series models? I am looking for a player, not a collector cue. Thanks in advance for any help at all.

Maniac

Hope you found what you were looking for!

Larry

Vmax

Registered
J Peachuer Purchase Question

Question:

Someone in my area just posted the below item for sale. They claim the value is $650 and selling for $400.

Ad info:

J Peachuer 98 professional series pool cue real ebony and ivory inlays comes with 2 13mm shafts one is the original and the other is brand new one has a kamui black med tip and other is a Pechauer gold medal. Condition is like new

What’s your thoughts about this sale?

Attachments

• Pea1.jpg
    Pea1.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 822
  • JPea2.jpg
    JPea2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 820
  • Pea3.jpg
    Pea3.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 840
  • Pea5.jpg
    Pea5.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 822
  • Pea4.jpg
    Pea4.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 830

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you like the way it plays, well worth spending 400 on IMHO. Full disclosure, I played with a Pechauer for several years in the past and am currently a dealer.

Vmax

Registered
Further research indicates this cue was introduced to the market in 1995-1997 as a Professional Series P-10 and retailed around $550. I guess with the extra shaft and condition this seems like a fair deal. The seller claimed the butt cap is ivory and has misplaced the documentation from Pechauer. Not going to pull the trigger and wait for now...

Appreciate the reply back!

http://pechauer.com/retired-cues

Last edited:

simco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pechauer

I bought a new DEC2, veneers on 3 points mixed up.wrap has a section that feels like the glue oozed out when it was pressed.the quality is nowhere near the PR15 I bought sometime in the mid to late 90's.Not a fan of the new joint screw.High point is that the finish is still one of the best.

Last edited: