Plugging and redrilling a shaft

poolnut7879

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone ever plugged a shaft and then redrilled it to fit a different pin? If so how was the hit? Thinking of doing this. Thanks for any input.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I had to when I couldn't find anyone to re-tap my Bludworth shafts. Bludworth use a proprietary pin, so I ended up replacing the pin and had all my shafts re-tapped.

Any competent cue repairman should be able to do this.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had to when I couldn't find anyone to re-tap my Bludworth shafts. Bludworth use a proprietary pin, so I ended up replacing the pin and had all my shafts re-tapped.

Any competent cue repairman should be able to do this.

For the record. If I knew. You could have asked Mr. Tascarella and I would have lent him the taps. I also have Bluds joint screws. I'm just real careful who borrows tools. They don't seem to find their way back. I do remember you looking for a mandrell for bluds joint screw. Pretty sure I mentioned something but couldn't email you. I don't use the pm system.

Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone ever plugged a shaft and then redrilled it to fit a different pin? If so how was the hit? Thinking of doing this. Thanks for any input.
I do this for customers all the time. If done right you want even know it's been plugged.