Jump cue

Armour

Registered
Looking for recommendations for a jump cue. I currently have a jump/ break cue but I borrowed some ones jump cue and found it easier to jump with. I was ok with jump/ break but the jump cue made the other seem difficult. Ha

Brands and what I should look for like weight and so on would be appreciated.

mamono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMHO, better to stick with your current jump / break cue, but switch to a conical taper shaft with a phenolic tip/ferrule or a hard leather tip / phenolic ferrule combination.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some jump/break cues break well but don't just as good. Some jump/break cues do both really well. TNT cues have a great new jump cue. It has a white diamond tip with a G10 ferrule. McDermott has the lucky jump cue retailing for $75. It jumps really good and is under $100. It is my 1 hand jump cue for trick shots. I did a video series for them using that cue if you want to check it out.

But get what works for you. If you don't like it and it doesn't work for you, it doesn't matter what anyone says.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried going the jump break route and it cost me on jump shots. I’ve since gone back to a dedicated jump cue and dedicated break cue and I really think it’s a superior setup.

For me, the Jacoby jump cue is my favorite. Just love the design and I really think the brass ferrule helps. It’s just incredibly easy to jump with...almost feels like cheating. It’s what I had before I tried the jump/break setup and I went out and bought another one without hesitation as I’ve yet to try anything I like better.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If money isn't an issue maybe a Lomax jump cue.

I read gotten best out there...

diazr3

Registered
I think the best choice for someone like you would be the Jacoby. By far the easiest production cue I have used. I play w the Predator Air 2 and wish I bought the Jacoby instead.

Of course it is the Indian and not the Arrow, but sometimes the arrow helps :thumbup:

Aside from equipment, I think that the best thing you can do is work on your jump mechanics. Practice Practice Practice.

Below are some links you might find useful:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?355711&p=4632006

https://www.thoughtco.com/jump-shot-tips-cues-and-methods-368872

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Newer “fatter” style

The newer style jumpers are really good. Cuetec makes one, I think it’s called Silver Bullet. Works much better then the skinny dart style, at least IMHO. Just tried it a few days ago. You can dial back your stroke and it still jumps, much better cue ball control.

Armour

Registered
Well before posting I was checking out the Jacoby jumper. Not stuck on it as that was the point of posting, but most of the stuff I have read around the internet points to Jacoby. I will say a lot of the recommendations for it were older post so that is also why I posted to see if this was still the case as a good jumper.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dymondwood w/ G10 jumps the easiest.
LM cues Deuce

i have an alex brick break/jumper
it is made of dymondwood
i had a lomax and hanshew jumper
but this dymondwood jumper is the absolute best
VERY EASY TO JUMP whether the cue ball is very close to the object ball or for distance
if the dymondwood jumper above performs anywhere close it should be terrific
jmho

Killer Miller

LM Cues
Silver Member
LM Cues Deuce

$275 each shipped to the US

Attachments

• IMG_1516.jpg
    IMG_1516.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1517.jpg