The World vs US Open CSI

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Having traveled to Vegas numerous times to see Mosconi cup and a few other tourneys I believe that this could work out well for the game. As mentioned already the airport is close to everything and there is quite a few pool rooms in the city as well. I got to talk to Mark last December at his room and it was packed and well run.

There is a host of reasons to get to Las Vegas other than pool and the city is easy to move around in. I will be planning to go to a few of these events in the future.

Mark work your magic with these events and I will be there when possible supporting it.:cool:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Two points:
1. Nobody does it better than Mark G.
2. We should all support anything he does for the game.

We are lucky to have him. Thx again Mark for all you do and your continued efforts.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having traveled to Vegas numerous times to see Mosconi cup and a few other tourneys I believe that this could work out well for the game. As mentioned already the airport is close to everything and there is quite a few pool rooms in the city as well. I got to talk to Mark last December at his room and it was packed and well run.

There is a host of reasons to get to Las Vegas other than pool and the city is easy to move around in. I will be planning to go to a few of these events in the future.

Mark work your magic with these events and I will be there when possible supporting it.:cool:
The only drawback I see, particularly regarding the 14.1 US Open to be held in his room, is the limitations from the viewpoint of the spectators. I've never been to his room, but if this event does take off in the next few years as far as spectator interest, I can't imagine the layout would allow for hundreds of spectators to have elevated and comfortable seated viewing of tournament matches on multiple tables, such as has always been available at the venues used for the 9-Ball US Open in Norfolk / Chesapeake. I guess as long as at least some of the tournament matches are available for live viewing via the internet, that's all we can ask for.

Last edited:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
The only drawback I see, particularly regarding the 14.1 US Open to be held in his room, is the limitations from the viewpoint of the spectators. I've never been to his room, but I can't imagine the layout would allow for hundreds of spectators to have elevated and comfortable seated viewing of tournament matches on multiple tables, such as has always been available at the venues used for the 9-Ball US Open in Norfolk / Chesapeake.
The room layout is good. Is it The Crucible...well no. At the current state of the game it simply couldn't be afforded. We need to bootstrap our sport before looking to go to the next level.

Attachments

• The-Crucible-552743.jpg
    The-Crucible-552743.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 166

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
What if they had dat between two crawfish ponds in a pavilion wit sum berlin goin on in da background?

Like a hustlers jamboree wit a crawfish berl lmao

Who runs out best wit dat fiya on dem lips lol

Hot hot sha,
-greyghost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would make it to that.....if I could wear my new shoes!

Attachments

• il_570xN.1529516690_sp51.jpg
    il_570xN.1529516690_sp51.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 146

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only drawback I see, particularly regarding the 14.1 US Open to be held in his room, is the limitations from the viewpoint of the spectators. I've never been to his room, but if this event does take off in the next few years as far as spectator interest, I can't imagine the layout would allow for hundreds of spectators to have elevated and comfortable seated viewing of tournament matches on multiple tables, such as has always been available at the venues used for the 9-Ball US Open in Norfolk / Chesapeake. I guess as long as at least some of the tournament matches are available for live viewing via the internet, that's all we can ask for.

It's a good point.

I've been to Griff's and its a gorgeous room but I wonder how it will be for spectators. I feel as if it would be tight quarters.

Right about now, I'm tossing about the idea of going to watch some high caliber 14.1 this Fall and am debating which event to attend. The last big 14.1 event I attended was the US Open at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC in 2000 and that *was* an event to be remembered.

So now whadda I do? It's almost an embarassment of riches. How would you vote?

Lou Figueroa

Last edited: