Deleting Account?

enzo

Banned
Really, how do you do it? I looked for 10 minutes. Haha.... so much for a college education.

Listen, I posted last night what I thought were perfectly reasonable thoughts in an attempt to let people see that they may have to take a certain member's (who i'll DEFINITELY not mention here) opinions with a grain of salt, as I've seen him be way off on a number of occasions, and I feel he posts here to promote his business. So, if you're following me, if somebody is here to promote himself, maybe that person should not be listened to on all fronts-- or at least one should keep that in mind. That's really all I was saying and attempting to prove. I was told I attacked a "Respected Member," yet i have 100% witnessed other members attack in very vile ways, and be completely impervious. My point here is, just the fact that it was mentioned to me I attacked a "Respected Member" speaks volumes. I have seen two members in particular that seem to team up and intimidate, and the only way this will really work is if the moderators are on board. That is, if these members can be questioned when they need to be questioned, their intimidation tactics and advertising tactics won’t work, as they should not on a “public” forum. I got positive feedback for my thread, so I’m not the only one. That right there should be enough to tell you I’m not a troll, I’m just stating what I feel is a valid point. Also, the fact that I’ve been posting here for about 6 years.... I don't think the troll label is merited, but everyone is entitled to their opinion (the whole point of this post you are reading, if you get a chance to read it, ha).

So how can one have it both ways? How can somebody get the benefits of posting/advertising here (links and everything), yet they don't have to endure anybody questioning the sincerity and motivations for your opinions? If you come to a public forum, the very nature of it suggests "in the public eye (=good for advertising) AND open to questioning (the drawback)." It is really (or should be) just like becoming a politician, you put yourself out there, and people will criticize if they find fault-- i mean, this is not a dictatorship, correct?

The fact that my thread got deleted is even further evidence of my point as far as i'm concerned ("cunning" i believe is the word; did threads questioning PP merits get deleted?). You can't pick and chose who you censor in a "public" forum. The counter-intuitive aspect here is, EVEN IF you disagree with me, you should think about what i'm saying, because all i'm saying here is that this is a public forum, yet it really isn't if you censor perfectly reasonable opinions. I simply don't want to be in a place that doesn't let people discuss freely... i'd hope you'd all feel the same. So, back to my initial question, how do you self delete? I'd really rather go out this way.

Best to ALL.

Last edited:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is no way that I know of to delete an account. Just stop using it. Many people have found that it's easier said than done:rolleyes:

sde

Silver Member
"Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
'Relax,' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'

enzo

Banned
Just do something that warrants a lifetime ban. problem solved.

Maniac

This is the best advice.

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

To be included, there will be no ad hominem attacks. No name calling nor insults. Disagreeing with someone is fine, but calling them an idiot because of their opinion is not."

This will be fun.... if you want to see what I do to get banned, tune in tonight at 9pm exactly pst, haha.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Enzo;

Emotions on az have been running real high lately. On more than one topic.

I don't know what thread it was you referred to, I didn't see that one.

It seems to me that involvement here on az, or at least levels of involvement, for many, is a cyclical thing. Much of the time there are the familar names posting here, the 'regulars', if you will. Then all of a sudden there are names I've never heard of, who chime in and I see that they have thousands of posts in their histories and have been members for many years.

Where have they been, I wonder? I figure they must have been taking a needed break.

At a certain point I think everyone needs to step away for a breather. Get a few things done that may have been neglected. Unclog that toilet that's needed plunging for three weeks now causing me to take leaks on the tree in my back yard because I don't want to leave the computer and I'm too lazy to walk upstairs to the other bathroom or God forbid, get the effing plunger and now the stench wafting into my office makes me want to throw up but, great, where am I supposed to do that, in the sink???.....errr, ehh, sorry, this topic was getting a little close...OKAY, now where was I?

Oh yeah, never a bad idea to leave az alone for a little while. They say there's a world outside of this forum. Don't know if that's really true or not but that's what I've heard. ;)

Enzo, I would suggest leaving your account active and go cool out for a few days, or maybe even weeks.

Your love for pool will cause you to get past the recent frustrations and drop back in because, as you will probably agree, the good here on az far outweighs the bad. :thumbup:

Best,
Brian kc

Last edited:

enzo

Banned
Enzo;

Emotions on az have been running real high lately. On more than one topic.

That is my whole point, that people could not see it and decide for themselves. I didn't attack in any sort of vicious way, just stated an opinion and tried to get feedback that would corroborate my opinion based on other member's experiences.

Best to you Kickin!!

Last edited:

enzo

Banned
Enzo;

This is my whole point, you didn't get to see it and decide for yourself. Does that upset you? I argue that it should!!

I stated that a member of az was biased for a particular reason, and even was asking for others to provide "evidence" that may corroborate my point. I did not attack anybody in a vicious way, just stated an opinion about a member based on experiences with him. My opinion was stated in a very calm and rational fashion too.

Best to you Kickin'!!!

stumpie71

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should remember that this forum is open to the public but not a public forum. Our words, messages, post and threads are still open for approval form the moderators. I read your post earlier and felt it was inappropriate and inflammatory but I didn't see the need to delete it. I have seen worse on here and was never deleted.

Roadie

Banned
This is the best advice.

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

To be included, there will be no ad hominem attacks. No name calling nor insults. Disagreeing with someone is fine, but calling them an idiot because of their opinion is not."

This will be fun.... if you want to see what I do to get banned, tune in tonight at 9pm exactly pst, haha.

The only way to have your account deleted and all your posts removed from a Vbulletin board is to have the administrator remove it and make all your posts invisible.

You can manually edit your posts so that the content is erased wherever you are able to do so.

Getting yourself banned doesn't remove your account it only removes your ability to further post under that account.

Regarding censorship. This forum practices it and it's not always fairly applied. It was not right of you to attack Scott Lee the way you did but as I said it does allow for those of us who have had good experiences to relay that. Removing the thread erases those testimonials.

The flaw in your logic is the assumption that people cannot make up their own minds about information that they are presented with.

Imagine that Scott Lee were NOT an instructor but instead an anonymous member. What would your reaction be to the actual content that this anonymous member posts if you didn't agree with him/her?

It is obvious to this community when a person is trolling it only for their own commercial gain. Those people's opinions are discounted and they are effectively run out of town. So it ought to be clear that Mr. Lee's presence is not just an infomercial for his business. Thus it should be clear to you that while you might feel that Mr. Lee is giving out erroneous information that opinion is not shared by the majority of members and so perhaps you should consider voicing your disagreement in a less obnoxious way. Just because others have been obnoxious and gotten away with it does not mean that you have to be.

Mr. Lee is a nice person and he can be disagreed with in a respectful manner.

Roadie

Banned
This is my whole point, you didn't get to see it and decide for yourself. Does that upset you? I argue that it should!!

I stated that a member of az was biased for a particular reason, and even was asking for others to provide "evidence" that may corroborate my point. I did not attack anybody in a vicious way, just stated an opinion about a member based on experiences with him. My opinion was stated in a very calm and rational fashion too.

Best to you Kickin'!!!

It was viscous.

Your implication was that Mr. Lee is a charlatan who only espouses certain ways to play because those ways are what he teaches.

You could look at it another way and say that Mr. Lee is an experienced teacher who espouses certain ways to play because he has found those ways to be the best. (in his experience)

Your invitation to get other members to collaborate in the forum equivalent of a drive-by shooting was improper. These forums, all of them, are very good sources of information but one has to wade through a lot of drama to get to it.

enzo

Banned
The only way to have your account deleted and all your posts removed from a Vbulletin board is to have the administrator remove it and make all your posts invisible.

You can manually edit your posts so that the content is erased wherever you are able to do so.

Getting yourself banned doesn't remove your account it only removes your ability to further post under that account.

Regarding censorship. This forum practices it and it's not always fairly applied. It was not right of you to attack Scott Lee the way you did but as I said it does allow for those of us who have had good experiences to relay that. Removing the thread erases those testimonials.

The flaw in your logic is the assumption that people cannot make up their own minds about information that they are presented with.

Imagine that Scott Lee were NOT an instructor but instead an anonymous member. What would your reaction be to the actual content that this anonymous member posts if you didn't agree with him/her?

It is obvious to this community when a person is trolling it only for their own commercial gain. Those people's opinions are discounted and they are effectively run out of town. So it ought to be clear that Mr. Lee's presence is not just an infomercial for his business. Thus it should be clear to you that while you might feel that Mr. Lee is giving out erroneous information that opinion is not shared by the majority of members and so perhaps you should consider voicing your disagreement in a less obnoxious way. Just because others have been obnoxious and gotten away with it does not mean that you have to be.

Mr. Lee is a nice person and he can be disagreed with in a respectful manner.

your post is great, and i do agree with a lot of your points. the one i disagree with, and the reason for my thread, was that i feel if done properly and in a cunning fashion, you can both be pretty much 100% commercial, yet not let people know that part. i was pointing that out, but as u say people can decide for themselves. but shouldnt a member be able to point that fact out, and see what others say. i didnt even see what people said is the truth? the fact that he is obvciously so respected and protected is proof to my points i think.

cheers!

enzo

Banned
It was viscous.

Your implication was that Mr. Lee is a charlatan who only espouses certain ways to play because those ways are what he teaches.

You could look at it another way and say that Mr. Lee is an experienced teacher who espouses certain ways to play because he has found those ways to be the best. (in his experience)

Your invitation to get other members to collaborate in the forum equivalent of a drive-by shooting was improper. These forums, all of them, are very good sources of information but one has to wade through a lot of drama to get to it.
It was viscous.

well, u say vicious, if somebody exhibits questionable behavior, wont the posts about him have to be vicious to a certain extent? its hard for truth to be vicious is my point. to me they werent vicious, but i think my main point here is look, i did something to perhaps wisen people up and call him out, and look how quick it was counteracted. do you see my point.... that in my belief, he has you right where he wants you, and i feel its my right to point that out. but as you say, people can make up their own mind.... well, no they cant, right.... they have been precluded from that now.

Roadie

Banned
your post is great, and i do agree with a lot of your points. the one i disagree with, and the reason for my thread, was that i feel if done properly and in a cunning fashion, you can both be pretty much 100% commercial, yet not let people know that part. i was pointing that out, but as u say people can decide for themselves. but shouldnt a member be able to point that fact out, and see what others say. i didnt even see what people said is the truth? the fact that he is obvciously so respected and protected is proof to my points i think.

cheers!

If you would like to apply an "only posts for commercial gain" standard then you will find many members who pass that test. There are many members who post infrequently and when they do then it has to do with their business. Also some members post trivial comments in a thread but have a huge signature that takes up 20 lines.

Attacking another member though for this is an ad hominem attack. You can't know Mr. Lee's motivation for posting and the initial thread had nothing to do with pool and everything to do with attempting to discredit Mr. Lee's content.

And if Mr. Lee is able to cleverly post content that also bolsters his business of instruction what is the harm in that? If the content is obviously trolling in nature then people will mention it in the threads where it happens. But if the content has value and by the way informs the readers that Mr. Lee is an instructor then there is no harm in that.

Would you object to a plumber dispensing plumbing advice in a home improvement forum? Maybe that plumber gave out advice that was standard practice for plumbers but some clever DIY'er had figured out a better way. Would it be proper to attempt to then discredit the plumber because someone thought they had a better way to route a water pipe?

Lastly, Mr. Lee has participated in threads about pool cues, professional organizations, pool history, road stories, and more. In those threads he has not actively promoted his instructional business. There is always a discreet signature that anyone may click on if they wish.

Ask yourself what it is that you wanted to accomplish with the thread? Imagine that the thread had not been closed. You can see that most people who responded did not share your analysis. So the net result would have been the exact opposite of your goal. You wanted people to be more critical of Mr. Lee's posts so as to give them little to no value because of what you think is the promotional tie-in when Mr. Lee posts. But the thread you started actually stood as a testimonial to both the value of Mr. Lee's content as well as the strength of his character. Shouldn't that be enough to convince you that perhaps you have misjudged Mr. Lee and the members of this forum?