Gambler forearm wood?

ElKabong

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just picked this one up, full shaft and arrow straight
I’ve had a few of these over the years, but none with a forearm this light in color
Would it’s be rosewood or just a light specimen of ebony?

Also, what era would you say this one is?
I bought one brand new in 89, the features on this one seem earlier than that.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somebody did a post several years ago comparing the variations on this cue, specifically regarding the forearm wood and/or staining. They had pics of several side by side to compare.

You might be able to dig that up.

Killer Miller

LM Cues
Silver Member
Some of the Gamblers before 1988 and especially in the 70's had the lighter Rosewood forearms. Yours appears to be a factory second due to the groove cut in the top of the butt sleeve. Might have the veneers off or something wrong with it. I would put that particular one right around 1981-1984, just my guess.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
This may or may not help much, but here is a Meucci brochure from quite a while back, I believe late 70s. The forearm of the Gambler here is maple, so I'm thinking yours might be later, but can't pin it down exactly.

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• Meucci First.jpg
    Meucci First.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 368

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
i think the forearm is rosewood

i'd age it to the mid to late 80's

there appears to be a groove at the bottom of the wrap (depicting a factory second) or the wrap was put on poorly--just guessing, a larger image would help

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think the forearm is rosewood

i'd age it to the mid to late 80's

there appears to be a groove at the bottom of the wrap (depicting a factory second) or the wrap was put on poorly--just guessing, a larger image would help

I think that's just some finish separation at the edge of the wrap. Just age related.

Killer Miller

LM Cues
Silver Member
Chopdoc, if you look at the large pic of the butt sleeve and follow the florescent light reflection across the groove above the top dice, you can make out the groove. Im old and going blind but it sure looks like a groove to me