Reload this Page East Coast style~4point
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
East Coast style~4point
Old
  (#1)
north_demon_cue
AzB Silver Member
north_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

East Coast style~4point - 07-09-2019, 05:03 AM

East Coast style~4point
Attached Images

North Demon Cues
I live in north China.
I have no website.
If you have any questions.
Welcome everyone to use mail contact me.

mail : 349874515@qq.com

Old
  (#2)
north_demon_cue
AzB Silver Member
north_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond repute

07-09-2019, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by north_demon_cue View Post
East Coast style~4point
East Coast style~4point
Attached Images

North Demon Cues
I live in north China.
I have no website.

Old
  (#3)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

07-09-2019, 05:15 AM

That's Old School, not a coastal genre. Very nice.

IRATUS VULGUS

Funtional Art
Old
  (#4)
CueCaps
AzB Silver Member
CueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

Funtional Art - 07-09-2019, 11:24 AM

1st.
Nice, clean work North Demon.
You show that you have skills and knowledge of machines and cues.

No disrespct to anyone.
and, no disrespect to you Pred.

I am not an expert,
to me..
The cue design looks more like, the start, from the "Funtional Art" era/Movement" of the mid 90's.

When Bill Schick saw Gus' 8 Point with the Peacocks, back around 1988 (?).
After that, Bill's cue's style changed and he started to use more arched diamonds and arched spears, rather than the typical "Musical Instrument inlays" , that was the standard in "Old School" cues.
Bill's cues was now "Elegant looking" ,as, he brought elegance to the American Pool Cue. ( Remember Bill's 6 and 8 Point cues.. )

Others, like Thomas Wayne, Ernie, Bill Stroud, Richard Churdy, Jerry McWortor , Richard Black, and others, too, looked and adapted new designs, Machine processes, and apply that to their cues. Thus, " The Cue as Funtional Art" was born..
I think the 1st. official start of the movement was the "Galleria of Funtional Art" in Los Angles in the early/mid 90's?

Being in Hawaii, and not being "There", and , is only my observation.

"Arch Diamonds and Arch Spears are not Old School" - Alton Takata

Added: I also thought East Coast style had a "Compression/Piloted" Joint assembly..

Last edited by CueCaps; 07-09-2019 at 12:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Old
  (#5)
north_demon_cue
AzB Silver Member

07-09-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CueCaps View Post
1st.
Nice, clean work North Demon.
You show that you have skills and knowledge of machines and cues.

No disrespct to anyone.
and, no disrespect to you Pred.

I am not an expert,
to me..
The cue design looks more like, the start, from the "Funtional Art" era/Movement" of the mid 90's.

When Bill Schick saw Gus' 8 Point with the Peacocks, back around 1988 (?).
After that, Bill's cue's style changed and he started to use more arched diamonds and arched spears, rather than the typical "Musical Instrument inlays" , that was the standard in "Old School" cues.
Bill's cues was now "Elegant looking" ,as, he brought elegance to the American Pool Cue. ( Remember Bill's 6 and 8 Point cues.. )

Others, like Thomas Wayne, Ernie, Bill Stroud, Richard Churdy, Jerry McWortor , Richard Black, and others, too, looked and adapted new designs, Machine processes, and apply that to their cues. Thus, " The Cue as Funtional Art" was born..
I think the 1st. official start of the movement was the "Galleria of Funtional Art" in Los Angles in the early/mid 90's?

Being in Hawaii, and not being "There", and , is only my observation.

"Arch Diamonds and Arch Spears are not Old School" - Alton Takata

Thank you for your reply.Unfortunately, my English is not very good, so I may not be able to discuss it with you accurately.For me, these are distant history. I feel that it is a pity that I did not participate in that era.It was only about 10 years ago that people started making custom cue in China.There was very little information we could receive at the time.Our source of information is just "Blue Book of Pool Cues".
Because at the time we could not fully see the information of all the networks.So I missed a lot.I am not an expert in this regard.Because I didn't personally participate in that era.I am not sure if my classification is correct.But I think as of today, the boundaries have become increasingly unclear.A variety of cues are constantly appearing.So for me, this old-fashioned style is the East Coast style. Simple combination of maple and 4point.Maybe the inlay style is wrong.But I don't want to be attached to this.If you want to distinguish strictly,is the number of veneer and the style of Butts also need to be limited?I am not sure. I always spend a lot of time researching the methods of making.Your reply made me discover that I ignored history.Thank you very much. I will pay more attention to it in the future.

North Demon Cues
I live in north China.
I have no website.

Old
  (#6)
zeeder
Will queue for cues
zeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

07-09-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRED View Post
That's Old School, not a coastal genre. Very nice.
I don't know if they started it but the rings are very reminiscent of Mottey/White cues.

Zack <--- Guy who likes cues

Old
  (#7)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

07-09-2019, 01:55 PM

Whatever style one wants to call it, it looks good.

Tony Marcino - PBIA Instructor
Member of the SPF family of instructors
Background Verified
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Old
  (#8)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

07-09-2019, 02:31 PM

Very nice.

Immediately reminded me of JMW.

The cue stands on its own quite well regardless of how one sees the style.

I like it.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Style
Old
  (#9)
CueCaps
AzB Silver Member
CueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond repute

Style - 07-09-2019, 04:01 PM

Howzit Guys..
1st. North Demon,
I mean't you no disrespect.
And, I am not trying to "Classify" your cue.
I just shared what I seen with the evolution of custom cues and the timeline of progress.
You did nothing wrong.
You make nice cues, and, your tremendous knowledge and skills are seen in the Cues you've made and posted.

Gentlemen, I am not trying to start anything, so, take it easy.

I thought it would help some cue enthusiast, who might not know the little things that makes the Custom Cue and Cuemakers and how they took cues to the next level.

BTW, I think Bill Stroud was the original double ring with arch Squares, Bill McDaniel was doing them in the 90's too..

Forgot to add Paul Drexler, Joe Gold, ... so many others that were apart in what turned out to be , what we call " High End Cues " ..

Last edited by CueCaps; 07-09-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Old
  (#10)
north_demon_cue
AzB Silver Member

07-09-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Howzit Guys..
1st. North Demon,
I mean't you no disrespect.
And, I am not trying to "Classify" your cue.
I just shared what I seen with the evolution of custom cues and the timeline of progress.
You did nothing wrong.
You make nice cues, and, your tremendous knowledge and skills are seen in the Cues you've made and posted.

Gentlemen, I am not trying to start anything, so, take it easy.

I thought it would help some cue enthusiast, who might not know the little things that makes the Custom Cue and Cuemakers and how they took cues to the next level.

BTW, I think Bill Stroud was the original double ring with arch Squares, Bill McDaniel was doing them in the 90's too..

Forgot to add Paul Drexler, Joe Gold, ... so many others that were apart in what turned out to be , what we call " High End Cues " ..
Hi,
My mood is relaxed. I am very grateful to you for telling me about these things.Sincerely thank you for sharing.Maybe you think I am a bit serious.But this is because my English is not good, I am afraid that I will misunderstand or I Expression error.
I will always remember one thing, the first year I just started making cues.At the time, I thought I had made a very powerful design. "Single veneer".I asked a friend to help me post to the forum.The result was told that I copied the idea of RC3.
I was very depressed at the time. Because the Chinese network was not very developed at the time. So I don't know much about many things. Although I think I have improved a lot in these years. But I am still afraid of missing or mistaking something because of the language.I know that you are kind, thank you.

North Demon Cues
I live in north China.
I have no website.

Last edited by north_demon_cue; 07-09-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Fashionable Walking Canes
Old
  (#11)
CueCaps
AzB Silver Member

Fashionable Walking Canes - 07-09-2019, 10:34 PM

Hello Mr. North Demon.
You got one thing that many cuemakers do not have.
(No disrespect, as, we all come up differently)
That is the Machinist Mind.

If you are not making money in your Top Custom Cues,
Maybe you can make Beautiful Inlayed Walking Canes.
Just like on your cues, you can express your CNC inlaying skills to create the many beautiful inlay assemblies and designs.
Just be sure the structual integrety is not compromised.

Just a thought.

Thanks for being thankful.
Alton Takata

Last edited by CueCaps; 07-09-2019 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Old
  (#12)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member
Michael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond repute

07-09-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by north_demon_cue View Post
East Coast style~4point
I call it very nice work. Congrats.

Best Wishes
Michael Webb
webbcues@cox.net

Old
  (#13)
north_demon_cue
AzB Silver Member

07-09-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Hello Mr. North Demon.
You got one thing that many cuemakers do not have.
(No disrespect, as, we all come up differently)
That is the Machinist Mind.

If you are not making money in your Top Custom Cues,
Maybe you can make Beautiful Inlayed Walking Canes.
Just like on your cues, you can express your CNC inlaying skills to create the many beautiful inlay assemblies and designs.
Just be sure the structual integrety is not compromised.

Just a thought.

Thanks for being thankful.
Alton Takata
I personally find that there are very few cues that are complicated and good looking.
This requires a very good design.Every year, iccs has a lot of complicated but not good-looking cues.A good balance is needed to complete a complex and beautiful work.
In the past, the master completed the design by imagination and hand-painting.Therefore, the above situation often occurs.The modern master is because of the prevalence of drawing software. The equipment is better.
So it is more likely to make complex and beautiful works.
But this still requires good inspiration and luck.
I would like to try it if I have a chance. But it takes a lot of time.But a big problem in life is that time is never enough. Haha.

North Demon Cues
I live in north China.
I have no website.

Last edited by north_demon_cue; 07-09-2019 at 11:49 PM.

"Landscapes of the Mind"
Old
  (#14)
CueCaps
AzB Silver Member

"Landscapes of the Mind" - 07-10-2019, 09:30 AM

"In the past, the master completed the design by imagination and hand-painting.Therefore, the above situation often occurs.The modern master is because of the prevalence of drawing software. The equipment is better.
So it is more likely to make complex and beautiful works.
But this still requires good inspiration and luck."

Hello North Demon.
Hello guys..

In American High End Cue Designs, what we see is "Perfection,Symmerty, Balance and Ideal Proportions"..
In China, you see the Ink Brush Paintings, and, many of Landscapes, and, are done to achieve "realizim".
But, using only lines and shading, The Zen Priest Muqi, created what was refered to as "Landscapes of the Mind".

The Japanese people of those times, embraced these Impressionistic and "Abstract-like" ink Paintings from Muqi.

If you look at Iwao (Lucky) Hishinuma's Cues, Iwao-san has took the Cue Designs to the next level with Impressionistic and Abstract designs.
Another trait of Japanese Art, (or more spicificly, The Rimpa School) was the "Usage of Space".

I believe many of the cues you was refering to at the ICCS Shows, was "Theme Cues", and, Theme Cues have no rules, only that they stay consistant with the Theme of the Show..

" But this still requires good inspiration and luck"

A good example of "Luck" is Raku ware.

" It's not always possible to have nature and chance move as you would like.
When these uncontrolable forces fall into place, then you have a work of art" - Shuichi Kato

Old
  (#15)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

07-10-2019, 05:50 PM

that is a great looking cue.
and your English is better than you think.
it's better then a lot of Americans that only speak English as a first and only language.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: