7th Annual CCB Tournament

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are starting to get organized for the 7th Annual CCB Tournament.

Many of you are members of the CCB forum and are familiar with this tournament, but some are not. I will explain.

For the past 6 years, members of the CCB forum have been holding a tournament during the U.S. Open, at Q-Masters pool room, in Virginia Beach. This is a fun tournament and it is geared for all players, of all skill levels, to have some fun and meet other members of the forum.

There is no entry fee for this tournament. You just have to be a forum member.
This year, we have decided to open it up to members of some of the other pool forums, as many people are members of several forums.

There is also no fee for table time for this tournament, as Barry Behrman, owner of Q-Masters and promoter of the U.S. Open has graciously donated the table time each year.

The only thing at stake in this tournament is bragging rights, as well as beautiful first and second place trophies, made by Brian in Va. There are usually some prizes available, via a free raffle.

If you are planning on going to the U.S. Open and you would like to spend some time meeting forum members and having fun, you should seriously think about joining us.
If you are not planning on going to the U.S. Open, you should really think about it. You will see the best players in the world in one of the best tournaments in the world.

Tournament Information:

Where: Q-Masters Billiards, in Virginia Beach, Va.
When: Friday, October 24, 2008.
Time: Practice starts at 10am. After a short players meeting, play will begin about 11am.
Format: We will be playing a multi-table 10 ball ring game and we will be mixing players periodically. Each win is worth one point and, at the end, the player with the most points will win. In the event of a tie, a one game playoff will be played.

If you would like to enter this tournament, please send me a PM.

Here is a picture of Eric, last year?s winner, along with Brian in Va, maker of the trophies, JMD in Va, head of the prize committee.

CRW_2000.jpg

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're contemplating a trip to the US Open and will be there on Friday, please join us!

It's a great opportunity to meet fellow AZBers in a non-threatening, fun pool tournament where yapping, smack talk and laughter is the best way to play. Been known to have a drink, too!

Brian in VA - can't wait for October!

AuntyDan

/* Insert skill here */
Silver Member
Jimmy M. said:
You should have made Eric a trophy for his pugilistic accomplishments as well.

Just staple a cheap canvas strap to either edge of the plaque and you've got a giant belt you can proudly wear to any professional wrestling event or impromptu buffet-table throwdown. ;-)

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Jimmy M. said:
You should have made Eric a trophy for his pugilistic accomplishments as well.

That Mendoza guy, waht a kidder! I don't even own a Pug (I have a Golden Retriever).

Alas, I have seen the error of my ways. Pugilism or vigilante justice, though necessary at times, is not the way to solve extreme interpersonal indifferences. We, as humans, need to strive for a higher level of tolerance. We need to be more understanding of others that may antagonize us. Violence can ultimately lead to the down fall of society.

Eric >best $450 fine I *ever* paid :D