Bullets and Diamonds by Guido Orlandi

ndakotan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started talking with Guido last summer after I had seen a jump cue with Guido's new joint design. after discussing cues for a while, Guido agreed to build two players cues using basic four point design and a couple matching inlay themes for me and my fiancé. I asked if he could do turquoise diamonds on one and bullets on the other. He said he could.

We received the cues the week before Christmas. The designs are simple yet very beautifully done. The turquoise diamonds have silver inlays around them. The bullets in the points are copper and brass. The casings in the butt are brass. The wraps are elephant and alligator. Everything is exquisitely done. These cues are works of art and examples of craftsmanship that far exceed my expectations. The new conical joint design is very tight and it plays very well.

We got two cues handmade to our specifications with Guido's expertise and craftsmanship within six months. Guido was a pleasure to deal with and he went above and beyond to make us happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1419817657.729489.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1419817657.729489.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 792

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Interesting. I always like to see cuemakers push the boundaries in innovation.

Piloted joints are pretty nice too. Always been a fan of them.

How's it play?

ndakotan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
great players cue

Interesting. I always like to see cuemakers push the boundaries in innovation.

Piloted joints are pretty nice too. Always been a fan of them.

How's it play?

It plays fantastic. I let my teammate hit the first balls with it and he ran the table. He said it felt like the cue did all the work. I play with a high end custom cue, and ever since I got this cue, it is all I play with. I cannot express what it feels like to shoot with this cue.

Not only is the joint piloted, but it has a conical taper rather than a flat face. Guido designed the joint to eliminate the flat face that may disrupt/change the feel of the hit.

JoshStodola

My stroke is garbage
Silver Member
Not only is the joint piloted, but it has a conical taper rather than a flat face. Guido designed the joint to eliminate the flat face that may disrupt/change the feel of the hit.

Mike Lambros, as far as I know, is the first one to
develop this type of joint (many years ago). This
seems like a radical/extreme version of his invention.
Intriguing to say the least! Nice cue glad you like it

ndakotan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
layani cue

Layani tribute cue?

Guido mentioned that someone else had been doing conical joints with the male pin at the end of the taper, but I'd never seen pictures or known what cue it was, or if it was still done. Interesting concepts.

cwong79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you mind posting more pictures of the cue? I am curious to see how the rest looks. Thanks.