Brand New Unchalked Early Edition Predator P2

amphibika

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Calling all Predator P2 lovers!

This cue is brand new and unchalked like it was almost 2 decades ago. A true time capsule.

From the blue book...
The Predator 2 was introduced in May of 1999. It featured a 10-piece radially spliced butt with a Uni-Loc joint. Predator set out to develop the most accurate cue that modern technology would allow, and used that technology to develop the Predator 2. A high-speed camera capable of taking 12,000 frames a second was used to determine what really happens when a tip hits a ball.

This information was used to design a cue from tip to bumper that would minimize squirt and deflection. The butts and shafts on every Predator 2 were weighed and matched to help provide a variety of weights and balance points, and each cue had a serial number on a metal ring at the bottom. A new urethane wrap similar to leather was developed for the handle. The Predator 2 has been redone and improved upon, and is now available in eight different models

Cue butt weight: 14.71Oz
Shaft weight: 4.13 Oz
Color: Metallic Black Wrapless
Early edition P2s have no cat logo on the butt cap

Price $OLD (like it was 2 decades ago). Open to trades looking for Omen, Radial Revos, Quiet Rollers, Mezz CP13SW-W, Ex Pro 30" Shafts, let's see what you've got!

Attachments

• 20180725_094554_resized.jpg
    20180725_094554_resized.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 1,173
  • 20180725_094632_resized.jpg
    20180725_094632_resized.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 945
  • 20180725_094706_resized.jpg
    20180725_094706_resized.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 986
  • 20180725_094644_resized.jpg
    20180725_094644_resized.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 956
  • 20180725_094639_resized.jpg
    20180725_094639_resized.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 911
Last edited:

amphibika

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I am not sure about that information. The very first P2s launched in 1999 were marked 99-0XXX and were believed to be limited to 350 cues.

Here are some pictures of the first editions. The first one looks metallic while the second looks flat black to me.

Attachments

• First Ed P2 1999 A.jpg
    First Ed P2 1999 A.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 738
  • First Ed P2 1999 C.jpg
    First Ed P2 1999 C.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 739
Last edited:

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   1
I bought this same cue in Vegas when they first came out at Riveria at BCA...It was metallic...My friend here at my pool room has it and it's metallic....

amphibika

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Check this out

I guess, a brand new unchalked P2 would be about $650 and after adding on paypal fees and shipping comes up to $700.

Your point is I'm asking fair market price? or that it is an ebony coloured butt?

By the way, did you ask for the express written permission from the publisher concerning the "No part of this information may be reproduced in any form whatsoever...."

blairlazz007

"Did I stutter?"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hi, I mean no harm or slander here.

I think you may just be slightly misrepresenting the items you’re selling.
Your own snippet from the blue book states Predator 2, yet you price it as a P2 which is the newer improved model from the original prototype made in 1999.

I wasn’t aware your price included shipping though, which makes it very fair.

I hope the info I’ve provided helps!

I’d much rather have a rare numbered Predator 2, than a standard P2 black/metallic.

I own a P2 LE #43/50, very similar to the 10th Anniversary cue.
Cheers,
Blair

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Last edited:

amphibika

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hi, I mean no harm or slander here.

I think you may just be slightly misrepresenting the items you’re selling.
Your own snippet from the blue book states Predator 2, yet you price it as a P2 which is the newer improved model from the original prototype made in 1999.

I wasn’t aware your price included shipping though, which makes it very fair.

I hope the info I’ve provided helps!

I’d much rather have a rare numbered Predator 2, than a standard P2 black/metallic.

I own a P2 LE #43/50, very similar to the 10th Anniversary cue.
Cheers,
Blair

Sir, I think you misread the entire thread. I never said it was the "first edition" which were believed to be the 350 "prototypes" you mentioned and all were marked 99-0XXX denoting 1999. The so called upgraded "early editions" which this thread is entitled were out around the turn of the millennium and had no cat logos and were priced at USD 704.

I only posted internet pictures of the first eds for the benefit of the English gentleman who insisted that they did not come in metallic black. Despite photographic evidence, he still believes staunchly that they only come in flat black. That's his prerogative. Some don't believe in the use of electricity. That's life.

Enter you - who posted a screen shot from the blue book which I could not ascertain the purpose, hence my question. I am happy that you feel that the price is fair given the new condition of the cue inclusive of shipping and fees.

A few years can go by, without a new cue that is almost 20 years old ever surfacing.

I am not upset. lovers of P2 are understandably passionate.

I am happy for your choice of the LE. I have 4 P2s and am thinning the collection, one of them is the LE.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20180806_090217_resized.jpg
    20180806_090217_resized.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 320

blairlazz007

"Did I stutter?"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Sir, I think you misread the entire thread. I never said it was the "first edition" which were believed to be the 350 "prototypes" you mentioned and all were marked 99-0XXX denoting 1999. The so called upgraded "early editions" which this thread is entitled were out around the turn of the millennium and had no cat logos and were priced at USD 704.

I only posted internet pictures of the first eds for the benefit of the English gentleman who insisted that they did not come in metallic black. Despite photographic evidence, he still believes staunchly that they only come in flat black. That's his prerogative. Some don't believe in the use of electricity. That's life.

Enter you - who posted a screen shot from the blue book which I could not ascertain the purpose, hence my question. I am happy that you feel that the price is fair given the new condition of the cue inclusive of shipping and fees.

A few years can go by, without a new cue that is almost 20 years old ever surfacing.

I am not upset. lovers of P2 are understandably passionate.

I am happy for your choice of the LE. I have 4 P2s and am thinning the collection, one of them is the LE.

Cheers

Haha! Yep, passionate about a beauty cue. I’m looking at having a small sell-up of my modest Predator collection, but the P2LE will be staying with me...

Thanks,
Blair
E/Pp: blairlazz007@gmail.com
Ph: +64 275523926

amphibika

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Haha! Yep, passionate about a beauty cue. I’m looking at having a small sell-up of my modest Predator collection, but the P2LE will be staying with me...

Thanks,
Blair
E/Pp: blairlazz007@gmail.com
Ph: +64 275523926

Likewise. Perhaps we can start a new thread just for the P2 Birdseye LE to trace the remaining 48 owners. I know of at least 1 other owner in my city.

blairlazz007

"Did I stutter?"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yours is one of 3 I’ve ever seen including my own.
There was an ebay auction about a year ago with a linen wrapped LE.
Rare as Rocking Horse Sh**