Filler blow job foul.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I am a retired carpenter.

:confused:
The first response that popped into my mind was, "So..... You have given real ones then?"

But then I realized Greg set himself up unknowingly for that type of joke. And while Im a bastard, but Im not a fooking bastard.

PSA people: Dont set'em up, cause someone will knock'em down. :thumbup:

source.gif
I have worked on some of the largest bridges in the northwest. Am I called “That Old Bridge Builer”. Made some of the nicest office desks in Seattle. Am I called, “That Old Furniture Maker”?:confused:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do they call me "That Old C*** S*****"?;)

I was serious about the foul call or lack there of. I don't hold it against the referee, as we all miss on occasion.
You can't be serious. We've all done that gesture before. Can't move a ball doing that and you know it. Really?? You must be a lot of fun to play with.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My logic is that by the rule set I play by it is a foul to place your hand in a pocket to catch an apparently scratching cue ball because it gives the opportunity for an imperceptible touch that keeps the ball on the table. He did the same by obviously placing himself in a posture that would allow imperceptible help to the ball. Then he mimed the act of blowing or actually did give it an imperceptible blow that only moved it 1/16” that would be enough to increase the difficulty of the kick exponentially.
Please. You wouldn't like ANY poolhall i ever spent time in. What an a^*.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Please. You wouldn't like ANY poolhall i ever spent time in. What an a^*.

Pool has been an enjoyable sport/hobby for my wife and me for a long time. Part of the pleasure we experience is the social intercourse. The last scotch doubles tournament we played in was a fun experience. A big part of that was the nice people we met and played against.

I think the game of pool deserves respect. Our opponents going into each new match will soon make it clear if they deserve the same.

I support the Mosconi Cup even though I would prefer that the event was not leaning towards a Big Time Wrestling event. The raucous interaction with the fans is not my cup of tea. However if that is what it takes to make the game a viable profession, so be it.

I understand different opinions on the "blow job". I don't respect a person that can not provide a logical explanation of their opinion without resorting to name calling.

P.S.
I have on occasion(without evidence) been called by slanderous names simply because of opposed opinions. I don't take it personal.

Thank you for your input and Have A Nice Day.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
The Amazing Randy

This clip from Psychic Cringe Fails 2 - The Best of James Randi: shows how we don't always understand unseen forces.

https://youtu.be/uq5MtA33OHk?t=236

While this psychic can turn a phone book page without any perceptible movement of his lips. It is entirely possible for a persons breath(blow job) to effect a rolling pool ball when they assume the position and posture seen in the foul clip.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool has been an enjoyable sport/hobby for my wife and me for a long time. Part of the pleasure we experience is the social intercourse. The last scotch doubles tournament we played in was a fun experience. A big part of that was the nice people we met and played against.

I think the game of pool deserves respect. Our opponents going into each new match will soon make it clear if they deserve the same.

I support the Mosconi Cup even though I would prefer that the event was not leaning towards a Big Time Wrestling event. The raucous interaction with the fans is not my cup of tea. However if that is what it takes to make the game a viable profession, so be it.

I understand different opinions on the "blow job". I don't respect a person that can not provide a logical explanation of their opinion without resorting to name calling.

P.S.
I have on occasion(without evidence) been called by slanderous names simply because of opposed opinions. I don't take it personal.

Thank you for your input and Have A Nice Day.
Look, EVERYONE on here(except for you i guess) knows that JF was just jokin' around. NO way to move ball like that. If you want to keep defending your lame-ass position go right ahead. Like i said, you must be a real treat to play pool with.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Wind assistance

Flojo's 100m World Record (10.49 sec)

An unexpected outcome of the work on wind assistance was the discovery that Florence Griffith-Joyners' 100m world record was an illegal (wind-assisted) performance. Flojo recorded 10.49 seconds in the quarterfinals at the 1988 US Olympic Trials. This performance broke the existing world record by 0.27 seconds, and no other sprinter has come anywhere near the mark since. However, the official wind reading was considered 'highly suspect' by those who witnessed the race. The September 1988 issue of Track & Field News had a column titled "Everyone Knows it's Windy", which included the comment: " It's hard to say which number caused the bigger gasp at the Trials, Florence Griffith Joyners' 10.49 at the finish-line time indicator, or the 0.0 which popped up on the mid-straight wind board".

YoungAtHeart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would it also be against your rules for me to fart whilst breaking off, because of all the extra forward momentum it would give me? :grin::grin:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would it also be against your rules for me to fart whilst breaking off, because of all the extra forward momentum it would give me? :grin::grin:
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. I'm sure he'd squeal "foul" at your "wind-aided" break shot. ;)

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
An unfortunate loss of compression.

My studies have shown that the loss of compression while executing the stroke does not provide extra velocity. It in fact diminishes the velocity I am able to achieve. So no foul(other than the odor).

However if you were to raise your leg and emit a loud(or load) snort from your nether region while your opponent was in mid stroke that would be a foul. Falls under unsportsmanlike conduct and the penalty would be at the referee’s discretion.:embarrassed2:

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is such a tool. You know that sorta uncomfortable embarrassed feeling you get when you watch that show “impractical jokers?” I have that same feeling whenever I see Filler.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
foul

Greg is right, technically speaking that is a foul. Do I think it affected the shot? No I don't. What about a long sustained breath? "Well it wasn't a foul when Filler did it!" You have to draw a line somewhere and I think if Shane had objected the ref would have had no option but to call a foul. Shane wasn't bothered so no foul was called.

Years ago all the Filipino players were hitting the rail hard with pieces of chalk supposedly in fun trying to change how far the cue ball rolled. No fouls were called that I remember but I did notice that all of the rail tapping stopped.

I don't see how these things affect how a ball plays but then again I have never understood how sweeping with brooms in front of a forty pound piece of rock influences the distance and direction that piece of rock travels. Best to have no interference with the field of play in pool.

If somebody did this more than once in a gambling or tournament match with me I would give them a warning. If a tournament, I would ask for an observer. If gambling with anyone that stood a chance in hell of beating me I would take my money off the light. Either respect the game or find somebody else to play with. I came to play pool, not watch a three ring circus. I do cut suckers a little slack, after all they are paying for the privilege of acting like a moron!

Hu

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Greg is right, technically speaking that is a foul. Do I think it affected the shot? No I don't. What about a long sustained breath? "Well it wasn't a foul when Filler did it!" You have to draw a line somewhere and I think if Shane had objected the ref would have had no option but to call a foul. Shane wasn't bothered so no foul was called.

Years ago all the Filipino players were hitting the rail hard with pieces of chalk supposedly in fun trying to change how far the cue ball rolled. No fouls were called that I remember but I did notice that all of the rail tapping stopped.

I don't see how these things affect how a ball plays but then again I have never understood how sweeping with brooms in front of a forty pound piece of rock influences the distance and direction that piece of rock travels. Best to have no interference with the field of play in pool.

If somebody did this more than once in a gambling or tournament match with me I would give them a warning. If a tournament, I would ask for an observer. If gambling with anyone that stood a chance in hell of beating me I would take my money off the light. Either respect the game or find somebody else to play with. I came to play pool, not watch a three ring circus. I do cut suckers a little slack, after all they are paying for the privilege of acting like a moron!

Hu
I think Shane made the right decision. Him calling foul with a referee present would have led to a distracting controversy. I would prefer a stronger referee that takes charge of the game. It was his call.

I just watched Jason Shaw object to an incorrect call that went in his favor. I applaud that sort of sportsmanship. It also helps maintain the integrity of the game.

When I saw Filler blow or pretend to blow it was a "Hell No" moment for me. That sort of behavior by the number one rated player does diminish the game.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
should have been a warning at the least

I think Shane made the right decision. Him calling foul with a referee present would have led to a distracting controversy. I would prefer a stronger referee that takes charge of the game. It was his call.

I just watched Jason Shaw object to an incorrect call that went in his favor. I applaud that sort of sportsmanship. It also helps maintain the integrity of the game.

When I saw Filler blow or pretend to blow it was a "Hell No" moment for me. That sort of behavior by the number one rated player does diminish the game.

You are right. The referee should have given a warning at the least. The next antic would be loss of game. Where was Michaela when we needed her?:D

Hu