Kersenbrock or SW?

Thrasher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm getting mixed answers on this cue. I've been told equally that it's a SW and I've been told it's a Kersenbrock. Without sending it to Laurie, it could be merely educated guesses, I suppose.

So, what is your opinion before I send it out.

57.5" from end of ferrule to edge of butt cap.
124c3913f637a701d6071599222c311c.jpg
983eb895f89a0a79400684beb97ce0f2.jpg
6a9e5452c6323fb9e2191ddc69bfa1fb.jpg
79a05f138fcd3dfc759806ba2985d644.jpg
597eb2d2a0fedb4741895699c77c00eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would send it to Laurie, for sure. I’m not certain the buttcap is from either one of them. They don’t normally differ from the color of the joint, in my experience. GA9ball May have a better opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
laurie can tell by looking at the picture
it is a nice looking older cue for sure

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
doesnt look like either but maybe an early dave. might be a robertson he made some like that in the early 80,s

Thrasher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kersenbrock
I'm pretty certain it is, as well.

Could someone help point me in the right direction for getting this refinished/repaired by David?

Some have mentioned that if I send it to SW for repair and a LOA, it'll be called a Franklin SW.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I'm pretty certain it is, as well.

Could someone help point me in the right direction for getting this refinished/repaired by David?

Some have mentioned that if I send it to SW for repair and a LOA, it'll be called a Franklin SW.

David will never clean this up or write an LOA

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
If in fact it's a Kersenbrock, will the LOA state that? Or does Laurie simply call them SW?

She only calls it a Kers if it was made in the Kers shop. If David made it in the SW shop with Jerry, it will state that.

Early Franklins had the same ringwork, so there's no guarantee it is either guy separately. Very possible that they made it together

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
She only calls it a Kers if it was made in the Kers shop. If David made it in the SW shop with Jerry, it will state that.

Early Franklins had the same ringwork, so there's no guarantee it is either guy separately. Very possible that they made it together

Thats true but the length, wood handle, joint and shaft collar material, and white cap ring combined tip me off that this is one of David's cues from the late 70's. Also the dimensions of the slotted ring work on cues from that time I believe were slightly different than Jerry did. In my opinion this was built by David while Jerry was working in his shop and if I had to guess what Laurie would say, it would confirm that. My only hesitation is the the hole at the top of the pin isn't as big and deep as I'm used to seeing in his cues from this period. The OP should send it in to SW...... I love it when cues like this pop up!😊

Reactions: fjk