comedy in billiards

markatwork

One foot on the floor
Silver Member
A view of the game from every angle

I've read around the site...way to much to read every post...and i haven't seen things like this posted...the lighter side of the game...I am going to keep posting them as I find them....ENJOY

Last edited:

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
If I'm not mistaken, that came from a Saturday Night Live skit on women's pool.

Maybe somebody has the link.

Steve

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
My entire life is comedy, but the first time I watched this vid, I kept thinking, come on make me laugh. Theres absolutely nothing funny there, sorry.
SNL FAIL!

markatwork

One foot on the floor
Silver Member
pocketless tourney

in my opinion i think they are making fun of all associated with the game

Last edited:

markatwork

One foot on the floor
Silver Member
cool annimation

yes i have BRKNRUN...i still laugh when i see it....thanks

Last edited:

BrandyWine

Mike's Better Half
Silver Member
The Picture is funny and belongs in the "Funny Gif thread". The link works and yes they were making fun of the pool world.
I thought it funny that the girl playing Nina Wilks Booth is Drew Barrymore.

The other clip from BRKNRUN, I don't understand it, very unprofessional. I do hope that is not the kind of stuff that TAR puts out. It was very disappointing and sadly represents the game or anything associated with it.

The difference is one is expected to be sarcastically funny and is nationally known TV show. Fake. The other is supposed to be representing real life pool on a professional level. Found nothing funny about it.

Not sure where they were going with Sat. night live show but trying to show that ESPN newscasters are clueless and female players are butch. Both accounts wrong but hey that's what SNL is all about. Being on the edge.:eek:

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
This is only my personal opinion, of course, but I feel that humor has no place in the cue sports. Pool playing is a serious business and should be treated as such.
In addition, when we as avid and avowed participants in the cue arts allow common joke telling, barroom buffoonery, and other unsavory attempts at humor into this forum, we only serve to embarrass and debase ourselves.
I, for one, have been shocked and ashamed at some of the stories that have gone out as threads here.
Stories such as the girl in the wheelchair, hanging from a tree limb. Ghastly.
Or, how about the midget who invented the two-piece cue? Horrible.
And then there was the guy who lost his penis in an automobile accident. Unforgiveable.
I hope things change. My sensibilities as a dedicated One Pocket player has it's limits. :D

Mr Slate

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Silver Member
This is only my personal opinion, of course, but I feel that humor has no place in the cue sports. Pool playing is a serious business and should be treated as such.
In addition, when we as avid and avowed participants in the cue arts allow common joke telling, barroom buffoonery, and other unsavory attempts at humor into this forum, we only serve to embarrass and debase ourselves.
I, for one, have been shocked and ashamed at some of the stories that have gone out as threads here.
And then there was the guy who lost his penis in an automobile accident. Unforgiveable.
I hope things change. My sensibilities as a dedicated One Pocket player has it's limits. :D
Glad I wore my boots today, it's getting thicker by the minute. ;)

markatwork

One foot on the floor
Silver Member
listen to the cueball

i know most of you have seen these but there is always someone who will be for the first time

markatwork

One foot on the floor
Silver Member

Im sorry but i believe every one who plays one of the cue sports has had a good laugh inside of a billiard parlor and none of my post will ever have a girl in the wheelchair... guy who lost his penis...or an automobile accident.
thank you for your comment