Anyone know Wilfred Maestas?

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought a cue case at a pawn shop in Albuquerque and it has a Derby city ID card for Wilfred Maestas and couple old pictures in it, one with a very young Mike Massey. Thought they might be something he'd like back, and I wonder if it was stolen being that it had some perosal stuff in it.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I have a similar situation. I was gifted a cue and case from a dear friend who died way to early. We will call him Joe. Joe gave me a Palmer cue nine days before he passed and in the case was a few things including a name and Initials of a (maybe previous owner). This cue is not particularly collectible and was bought at a pawn shop near Seattle. I would like to post a few pics and a story of how I got the cue but I have always thought the previous may want it back if it had been stolen.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew him very well. He is a very nice guy besides a very good One pocket Player. His son also is a good player. I don't have his telephone number. I will contact a friend in Albuquerque and let me friend know about the situation.

owll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
call billiard palace in albuquerque, the owner probably has wilfred's phone number, if not, he can probably get it in like 2 minutes on a saturday evening.

Phone number (505) 323-6800 (billiard palace)

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys lemme know if you find out the situation. Maybe I'll go over to Billiards palace Monday afternoon and ask around, I've gone there a couple times this last week.

Henry W

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a similar situation. I was gifted a cue and case from a dear friend who died way to early. We will call him Joe. Joe gave me a Palmer cue nine days before he passed and in the case was a few things including a name and Initials of a (maybe previous owner). This cue is not particularly collectible and was bought at a pawn shop near Seattle. I would like to post a few pics and a story of how I got the cue but I have always thought the previous may want it back if it had been stolen.

I know Wilfred we played on a BCA Open championship team in 1995. A good player with a lot of heart and a good guy. I hope his stuff gets back to him and as others have said I am sure you can find him playing pool in Albuquerque.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two days ago I called his cell and left a voice mail and explained what I read here.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks let me know if you hear back. I'm at Billiards palace now but the employee working dosen't know him.

Today he called me back and I told about the situation.Suspecting that he may not know how to navigate through AZB, I told him to contact Marissa ( Former BCA Open Female National Champion from ABQ) so that she may help him navigate thru AZB. The problem should be solved if I give his number. I am going to send it to you through a private message in 15 minutes.