Detached Garage Pool Room

ranchar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for ideas on converting Detached garage into poolroom.

Do you replace garage door ?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for ideas on converting Detached garage into poolroom.

Do you replace garage door ?
Have friend with a garage table. He just sealed and insulated the door. Seems to work fine. This way you can always easily revert to an opening door.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I'm building a wall to cover my door. There will be room to store some yard tools on the cold side. On the inside it will be drywalled and have wainscoting along the lower half.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm building a wall to cover my door. There will be room to store some yard tools on the cold side. On the inside it will be drywalled and have wainscoting along the lower half.
Man that's a killer idea.

cj609

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did that job for someone once. I put an interior wall up on the garage door side of the room. Left 3.25 feet so they could put 36"storage containers stacked between wall and garage door. I dropped the ceiling just enough and notched out where the ceiling and wall drywall met the garage door tracks. That created a pocket for the garage door to slide into when it was opened from the outside. When you were inside the room you couldn't even tell. It came out killer.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the "Show your rooms: thread, there was a pic of what looked like a normal shed however on the inside was a full bath, full bar and 2 pool tables. It was beautiful from what I remember.

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just do it.

Good ideas here for a table in garage. So much of how you do it depends on where you live.

I live in Alaska and years ago I built a 28x36 foot garage. It has a roofed breeze way between it and the house which gives us about a 12x16 foot covered area for what ever.

Any way, the garage has insulated 2x6 walls, a ten foot ceiling with sprayed in insulation in the attic. A concrete floor with in floor heating. In floor heating is the best heating I have ever lived in.

The 9' pool table sits in the back of the garage with a minimum of 5.5 feet to the nearest wall. I laid cheap Home Depot. 2x2 foot carpet squares around the table and used some vertical fishing pole holders for cue holders, works great.

The nice thing about being in the garage is I do not disturb my wife when buddies come over to play. She can't hear us, which is good. I have and air filter fan that runs in there as a couple of them smoke and I like a cigar during a long session. Bose music box and some pool decorations, courteous of my wife.

If I had it to do over I would of put a loft and bath room in it. Save me money from buying a cab for friends. LOL

Any way, a big garage has room for a 9' table and two vehicles. It is my "man cave" and a fun zone for me to enjoy retirement in during our long winters.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Those walls and dropped ceiling concealing the door and track sound ingenious.

Could you also incorporate a semi-removable panel or two in case you need to move the table out or toys in?